Anyone into "traditional" folders?

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
xceptnl

Post by xceptnl »

Had an old Boker or two when I was a kid Joe and I haven't had much experience with them since my cutlery knowledge base has increased. I know I admire the damascus patterned blades they use in their current stuff.
sal wrote: .... even today, we design a knife from the edge out!
*Landon*
xceptnl

Post by xceptnl »

Some of my newest traditionals

*Landon*
SpyderNut

Post by SpyderNut »

Those are some beautiful pictures, Landon. The second from the top is simply stunning!
:spyder: -Michael

"...as I said before, 'the edge is a wondrous thing', [but] in all of it's qualities, it is still a ghost." - sal
xceptnl

Post by xceptnl »

SpyderNut wrote:Those are some beautiful pictures, Landon. The second from the top is simply stunning!
Thank you Michael. One more of the same shoot for you.

*Landon*
SpyderNut

Post by SpyderNut »

Oh, that is nice indeed! :D Thanks for making me drool on my keyboard, man. ;)
:spyder: -Michael

"...as I said before, 'the edge is a wondrous thing', [but] in all of it's qualities, it is still a ghost." - sal
xceptnl

Post by xceptnl »

Carrying this one for the remainder of the week along with my Ti UKPK and Lil Matriarch

*Landon*
OldSarSwmr

Post by OldSarSwmr »

^^^^^^LOVE THAT KNIFE^^^^^^^^^

Nice one, Landon!
:spyder:
Dan
RanCoWeAla

Post by RanCoWeAla »

How are the shields attached on Tidioute and North woods Knives
xceptnl

Post by xceptnl »

OldSarSwmr wrote:^^^^^^LOVE THAT KNIFE^^^^^^^^^

Nice one, Landon!
Thank you Dan. It is my dressiest
RanCoWeAla wrote:How are the shields attached on Tidioute and North woods Knives
It is just an epoxy attachment.
*Landon*
opusxpn

Post by opusxpn »

I do actually like traditionals starting with some Casexx sodbusters black, blue and yellow all sizes and steels also 2 trappers I got a small schrade old timer USA made, a boker arbolito copperhead germany, moore trapper USA made. Bear and son folder USA made, Puma german made gents folder, some victorinox folders, got a pingo and want a UKPK. Traditionals will always be part of my EDC. I got my wife the squeak in pink will see if I like it and if I do I am getting the black one for me. This knife addiction gives me headaches with so many choices.
Keep'em sharp :spyder: 9 Enduras, 4 Manix, Manix XL DLC, 3 Delicas, 5 Ladybug, 2 Manbug, 4 Dragonfly, Pingo, Cat, 3 Salt1, Pacific salt, Tasman, 3 stretch, 2 Tenacious, Resiliance, Robyn2 G10, 2byrd hawkbill, 4Para2, 2Military, native5 frn, Bradley folder, SpyDK, Kiwi, MT19, salt saver, Street bowie, Roadie,Squeak, 5 UKPK, k05 SE, k04 SE & PE
twinboysdad

Post by twinboysdad »

I really like GEC/Tiduote but the etching they put on the blades needs to be 86'ed. The "yellow rose" and "calf roper" logos look terrible and the "stew's choice" above is cheesy to me. Just MHO
xceptnl

Post by xceptnl »

twinboysdad wrote:I really like GEC/Tiduote but the etching they put on the blades needs to be 86'ed. The "yellow rose" and "calf roper" logos look terrible and the "stew's choice" above is cheesy to me. Just MHO
I do prefer my blades without billboards but the "Stews Blade" has a very special meaning to the designer of that particular SFO. The Tidoute line is void of most fancy details that include the billboard just avoid the Northfield line and you won't have any unnecessary frills.
*Landon*
Waco

Post by Waco »

When I get back in the office next week, there should be a box containing a new Case XX Copperlock.
xceptnl

Post by xceptnl »

What covers on that Copperlock?
*Landon*
Waco

Post by Waco »

xceptnl wrote:What covers on that Copperlock?
Pocket worn harvest orange bone. I don't normally buy stuff made to look worn, but this one looked the best of the choices available. I won't buy a knife with commemorative crap printed on it.
xceptnl

Post by xceptnl »

Waco wrote:Pocket worn harvest orange bone. I don't normally buy stuff made to look worn, but this one looked the best of the choices available. I won't buy a knife with commemorative crap printed on it.
I am not keen on this either. The colored printing on the blades is the worst IMHO.
*Landon*
twinboysdad

Post by twinboysdad »

xceptnl wrote:I do prefer my blades without billboards but the "Stews Blade" has a very special meaning to the designer of that particular SFO. The Tidoute line is void of most fancy details that include the billboard just avoid the Northfield line and you won't have any unnecessary frills.
I do think the TC "Tom's Choice" bolsters are just bada$$ though!! Does the Stew's Blade cut out open sort of like an Emerson?
xceptnl

Post by xceptnl »

twinboysdad wrote:I do think the TC "Tom's Choice" bolsters are just bada$$ though!! Does the Stew's Blade cut out open sort of like an Emerson?
Short story is yes and no. It is designed for disabled persons whom need to open their knife with only on hand / arm. These are named for the father-in-law of the gentleman who commissioned the special factory order (much like a dealer exclusive). Stew was without use of both limbs. It's a very touching story. Some of the knives were even done in Walnut that was made from some wooden long gun stock blanks.
*Landon*
xceptnl

Post by xceptnl »

Carrying this pre-war Sword Brand again today.... I can't put it down for some reason. The history (or possible history) captivates me.

*Landon*
RanCoWeAla

Post by RanCoWeAla »

Nice and how is that shield attached. I do not like knives that have the shields attached with glue.The word glue should never be mentioned when making a quality pocket knife or any kn ife for that matter. I have seen too many of those things fall off. I only buy Case knives with no shields or the ones made prior to about 1987 or so when the shields were still pinned.