There is no for sale section! Don't post inquiries!

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Blerv

There is no for sale section! Don't post inquiries!

Post by Blerv »

Technically this is off-topic but people unwilling to read the policies aren't figuring it out.

To beat the proverbial dead horse with a huge comical blatant hammer:

THERE IS NO "CLASSIFIED" SECTION. NO BUYING, NO SELLING, NO TRADING.

I deleted all of my sarcastic remarks while retaining the message. Even sneaky ill-intentioned trolls and spam-bots have feelings. :)

Mistakes happen and if this is the case...we still love you.

Have a nice day.
araneae

Post by araneae »

I share your frustration with people not figuring this out. It has been happening a lot lately. First off, its in the forum rules sticky that any new member should have read. Second of all, if there was a for sale area, they would have seen it listed as a sub-forum when they logged in to the forum area.

Sadly some people seem to join the forum just to try to sell us their knives. Others are just careless and want someone else to give them the answer. The search feature is your best friend on the interweb. Many of these were the kids we went to school with that lost points for not reading the test directions. Oh well. :rolleyes:

Now who wants to bump this thread every 2 days or so? :D
So many knives, so few pockets... :)
-Nick

Last in: N5 Magnacut
The "Spirit" of the design does not come through unless used. -Sal
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

They should just put a big banner at the top of the main forum page that says this.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
Jay_Ev

Post by Jay_Ev »

What about the numerous new threads started that ask "Release date for XYZ knife?"

Equally frustrating, if you ask me.

Spyderco does not announce release dates
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] <--- My Spydies <click the dancing banana!>
SmoothOne25

Post by SmoothOne25 »

sticky the page with a list we all agree on. rules vs accaptable rules.

cause then sig lines, and wtb hints, "looking for dodo's.. and when is a 4th quater proto gonna be in my hand, to the date" and that starts the slippery slope.
--an eye for an eye--

"You can't escape yourself."
Blerv

Post by Blerv »

Jay_Ev wrote:What about the numerous new threads started that ask "Release date for XYZ knife?"

Oh for sure. Frustration comes in many gag-reflex inducing flavors. :p I prefer to search before I post (as many of us do), which eliminates bothering people; a very noble goal.

The ill-intended BST themed threads simply piss me off. It's just the slightly more wrong version of "How much is ____ worth?" Google is such an overpowered demigod of searching magic most people don't realize the answer could be solved with a few keystrokes. Shopping, selling, price checks...it's too easy.
BHDKnifer

Post by BHDKnifer »

Funny...I bet the biggest weiners are the ones private messaging these people trying to buy there knives. Take care.
:spyder: Control the HEAD...and you control the SNAKE! :spyder:
:spyder: Integrity is being good even if no one is watching :spyder:
bohica1998

Post by bohica1998 »

Too bad new members can't be restricted to the forum rules until they read and understand them. And how could this be done, you ask?

Well, (and I actually had a high-school teacher who did this!) a teacher hands out a "pop-quiz" with the verbal instruction to "Read the whole test carefully before beginning." Many of the students promptly started working out the problems and answering the questions. Some of us actually read the whole test carefully before beginning. The last "test question" simply stated, "Do nothing but sign your name at the top of the page and wait untill the end of the period and then turn it in." (You would be amazed at the number of students who "worked" all the questions!)

So, put two check boxes at the bottom of the rules page that say:

[ ] I have read and accept the rules stated above

[ ] I don't accept the rules stated above

Then have the next to last rule read, "If you read/accept these rules, check the box that says 'I don't accept the rules stated above.'" If they check the first box, they stay limited to the rules page until they get it right.

I bet that a number of people would be stuck on the rules page for awhile!

(I know, not very realistic, but it's a nice thought. :D :D :D )
18 :bug-red 's and counting so far... :winking-tongue
Current Inventory: C14SBK Rescue SE - C14SBL Rescue SE - C14PBK Rescue FG PE - C14SBK Rescue FG SE - C10PSGRWBK Endura USN CE Emerson Opener/Black Blade - LBK3HB Ladybug Hawkbill SE - C12SGY Matriarch SE G10 modded - C78PSBK Native 3 SE - C78PBK Native 3 PE - C41SBK Native 4 SE - C41PBBK Native 4 Black Blade PE - C41PSBBK Native 4 Black Blade SE - C77PYL SpyderHawk H1 PE - C106PYL Tasman Salt PE - C122GP Tenacious SE - BY22SBK Meadowlark Hawkbill SE - LGRP3HB USN Ladybug Hawkbill PE - LGRS3HB USN Ladybug Hawkbill SE
hunterseeker5

Post by hunterseeker5 »

What about the numerous new threads started that ask "Release date for XYZ knife?"

What annoys me about your post is that your bold underlined statement was not a link to a website telling me the release dates of all upcoming spyderco products.
Jay_Ev

Post by Jay_Ev »

hunterseeker5 wrote:What annoys me about your post is that your bold underlined statement was not a link to a website telling me the release dates of all upcoming spyderco products.
Well, I also read the recent rule which was posted about links to outside websites. ;)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] <--- My Spydies <click the dancing banana!>
RIOT

Post by RIOT »

newbies make mistakes in forums and this will never change. its the ones that dont learn or adapt that are problems.
dbcad

Post by dbcad »

Most folks I've informed of the no buy sell trade rule seem to be agreeable even intrgued. Maybe more emphasis on the acount opening phase would be helpful.
Charlie

" Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler."

[CENTER]"Integrity is being good even if no one is watching"[/CENTER]
chuck_roxas45

Post by chuck_roxas45 »

Hey! I'm selling a TUFF, anybody wanna buy it?

LOL, joking. :p
DMgangl

Post by DMgangl »

chuck_roxas45 wrote:Hey! I'm selling a TUFF, anybody wanna buy it?

LOL, joking. :p
Sweet I'll buy it but when is the release date for it?
:p
DM
Smile, it can always get worse
cckw

Post by cckw »

Yes, I agree even the subtle attempts to buy or sell attempts should not be tolerated. Not even simple trades like "my M4 Mule for your S90V Mule"... I mean that as a random example of course... not that... ummm
SQSAR

Post by SQSAR »

Seems to be a lot of hate, elitism, and/or narcissism flying around this thread. Must be awesome to be such a master of all things Spyderco forum.
spyderHS08

Post by spyderHS08 »

SQSAR wrote:Seems to be a lot of hate, elitism, and/or narcissism flying around this thread. Must be awesome to be such a master of all things Spyderco forum.
I agree...shoot do any of you guys read the rules or directions when you get something new!? :D Nope of course not, thats what guys do best, we just go with it!..(which btw was a hilarious movie..lol just saw it tonight :p )

Soo lets give em a break, and if they do it again thennn we break em! ;)
39 & counting...
:spyder: E3, Para mili, Salt 1 PE, Native, D3 OD, Ladybug, UKPK, Dodo, D4, Tasman, Ladybug Salt, Smallfly, Khukuri, Para Military, USN E4, Persistence, Civilian, Yojimbo, Smallfly, Manix 2 CE, Dodo, Military, D4 , Blackhawk, Pac Salt, Military, Manix 2, Captain, Assist, D'fly PE, Spyderhawk SE, Persian, Lum tanto, Warrior, Lil Temp, Tuff, spyderfly, szabofly, :spyder:

Dodo!
Pinetreebbs

Post by Pinetreebbs »

SQSAR wrote:Seems to be a lot of hate, elitism, and/or narcissism flying around this thread. Must be awesome to be such a master of all things Spyderco forum.
He he he...
Have you joined Knife Rights yet?
Go to: http://www.KnifeRights.org
Protecting your Right to own and carry the knives YOU choose.
SteelDragon

Post by SteelDragon »

I would hate to be a new guy trying to make sense of any of this with a thread just below it with a list of knives for sale :confused:
Joshua J.

Post by Joshua J. »

Jay_Ev wrote:What about the numerous new threads started that ask "Release date for XYZ knife?"

Because Spyderco knives are not released, they escape!
Cannot Die Happy Without The Maxamet Yojumbo