In need of a Stainless Mule

A place to share your experience with our Mule Team knives.
TooSharp

In need of a Stainless Mule

Post by TooSharp »

I hate soliciting but I'm running short on time.

I have a good buddy who likes to gift knives to his friends that are being deployed.
He typically has me make a custom Mule with a Kydex sheath. I only charge him for the materials and donate my time.
I've run out my stock of Mules and there is only a couple weeks left before his deployment.

I've checked evil bay and can't bring myself to pay the inflated prices.
I'm looking for any of the Stainless Mules(Need something low maintenance).

If anyone has a spare they are willing to sell or knows somewhere where this is some, please let me know.

Mods, if I've overstepped, please delete.
Sequimite

Post by Sequimite »

Would one of the Chinese Mules do? It's the only stainless model I have.

You can have it for free since it's going to a serviceman.

Could you give me a good deal on doing scales for my Super Blue Mule?

Greg Stone
1972 S. Seventh Ave.
Sequim, WA 98392

gregpstone@gmail.com

360 809-3454
Our reason is quite satisfied, in 999 cases out of every 1000 of us, if we can find a few arguments that will do to recite in case our credulity is criticized by someone else. Our faith is faith in someone else's faith, and in the greatest matters this is most the case.
- William James, from The Will to Believe, a guest lecture at Yale University in 1897
jabba359

Post by jabba359 »

The CTS-BD1 Mule is still available to order from the SFO. It's only $70 and has gotten favorable reviews.

http://spyderco.com/catalog/details.php?product=463
-Kyle

:bug-red
Latest arrivals: Lava Flow CF DLC Para2, Magnacut Mule, GITD Jester

http://www.spydiewiki.com
unit

Post by unit »

+1 on the BD1.

Spyderco Factory Store is ALWAYS the first place I look for Mules.

Soliciting is prohibited on this forum by the way, please review the forum rules.
Thanks,
Ken (my real name)

...learning something new all the time.
Manix Guy 2

Post by Manix Guy 2 »

Check with SFO , if you check out EBay you will quickly understand . Please check out rules for the Forum . Regards MG2
phillipsted

Post by phillipsted »

I just got a mule from Woodcraft. They are on closeout and don't have many left. Going to start this weekend creating some burgundy micarta scales for that puppy.

TedP
Worry less - Breathe more...

Spydie Fanatic #185
gaj999

Post by gaj999 »

I've got a spare 9Cr13 Mule I'd let you have, but I won't be home until the 17th. Does that work for you?

Gordon
JNewell

Post by JNewell »

The Woodcraft "Mule" (it isn't ;) ) is ~$77; the BD1 MT-10 Mule is ~$70...both plus shipping...if it matters, I don't believe the tang on the Woodcraft knife has any common dimensions with the Mule series - probably not an issue at all if you are making scales for it, though.
SmoothOne25

Post by SmoothOne25 »

any owners know if the woodcraft mule comes in the normal red and black spydie box and yellow/white sku sticker attatched? thanks
--an eye for an eye--

"You can't escape yourself."
unit

Post by unit »

SmoothOne25 wrote:any owners know if the woodcraft mule comes in the normal red and black spydie box and yellow/white sku sticker attatched? thanks
You might want to check here http://www.spyderco.com/forums/showthre ... light=Mule and ask the people who bought one (or inquire with the place selling this knife...which is not a Mule BTW).

Edit to add that Most Spyderco collectors will tell you that this knife bears VERY little resemblence to any other knife under the umbrella "Spyderco Mule", but the site selling them calls them Mules...so go figure.
Thanks,
Ken (my real name)

...learning something new all the time.
2cha

Post by 2cha »

SmoothOne25 wrote:any owners know if the woodcraft mule comes in the normal red and black spydie box and yellow/white sku sticker attatched? thanks
I don't think so. It's been a long while, but I seem to recall a blister type pack with punch out for hanging from those little wire rods in stores.
phillipsted

Post by phillipsted »

2cha wrote:I don't think so. It's been a long while, but I seem to recall a blister type pack with punch out for hanging from those little wire rods in stores.
Agreed. Mine came in a blister pack. Not that I was expecting a gilt-edged, velvet-lined box or anything... But I have to admit that I was a tad disappointed...

Didn't know about the differences in the Woodcraft model - but it makes sense. For me, I don't really care that it isn't an "official" mule - I bought it to brush up on my skills. :)

TedP
Worry less - Breathe more...

Spydie Fanatic #185
Blerv

Post by Blerv »

Good call on contacting SFO. They might even come up with something that isn't on the site as a product number.

After all, it's for a military member. Spyderco has a sense of nobility towards our soldiers.
TooSharp

Post by TooSharp »

Thanks for all the responses. I thought the BD-1 was long sold out since it was two Mules ago. I went ahead on that one.

Thanks again!