C36GTIP - Exclusive for KnifeWorks

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
TazKristi

C36GTIP - Exclusive for KnifeWorks

Post by TazKristi »

For those of you who have pre-ordered the C36GTIP KnifeWorks exclusive, we wanted to give you an update on its production status. Due to issues in production this model has been unexpectedly delayed. We are working diligently with our suppliers to address this, but cannot project a completion date at this time. When additional information is available, we will provide an update with a projected availability date.

Thank you for your understanding and patience.

:spyder: Kristi
There is nothing more important than this one day.
demtek9

Post by demtek9 »

As long as they are completed, then I can wait. The wife and I both have a 20.00 deposit on these.
I also sold my C36TIP, expecting to fund this model this month and that was very difficult to find.
...oh you know why!
JNewell

Post by JNewell »

Thank you for the update. I can wait patiently. Probably no one in Golden, or at KW, or out here in buyer-land, is really happy about an indefinite delay, but I really appreciate your willingness to communicate with all of us candidly! Big thumbs up again for taking the high road when things start becoming adverse. You all are the best in the business.
J32A2

Post by J32A2 »

Thanks for the update.
WireEdge Roger

Post by WireEdge Roger »

Thanks for the update. I can wait, no problem. I'd rather wait and have it 100% right.
jossta

Post by jossta »

I can def wait as well.
crankitup

Post by crankitup »

It is kind of like pushing back Christmas... :( I will admit, that I do enjoy the anticipation...Take your time, and do it right, is the best philosophy. I'll wait :)
dsmegst

Post by dsmegst »

No problem with a delay for me. I prefer quality over speed and when it gets done, it will be a keeper. Thanks for the update.

When I saw this thread, I was so sure it was a "ready to ship" notice. ;)
Dan (dsmegst)

:spyder:
Latest 10: Techno, Centofante Memory, Bradley Air, Tuff, M390 Blue Para 2 (2), Yojimbo 2, Des Horn, DiAlex Junior, Native 5, Chaparral
:spyder:
SecSpyral

Post by SecSpyral »

good, need to save money :p
MCM

Post by MCM »

Thanks Kristi.
No problem on the wait.
And I have been waiting longer than anyone. ;)
:spyder: :eek: :spyder: :eek: :spyder: :eek: :spyder:
More S90v & CF please.......
Scottie3000

Post by Scottie3000 »

Thanks for the info. I don't mind the wait. I would rather have it "right" the first time, and sometimes quality takes time. I think most of us understand that. We also know you guys in Golden have a multitude of projects going on and somewhere around 50 people doing it all.
On order: Maxamet Native 5
Current pocket hog: S90V Para2
Next up: Something Blurple
dalefuller

Post by dalefuller »

I don't have any stake in the knife because I don't have one on order, but I really appreciate Spyderco's close relationship and high level of trust with the ELU. That's a big reason why Spyderco is my most frequent (and favorite) buy and carry.
Regards,
Dale

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went."
~ Will Rogers, 1879-1935
JNewell

Post by JNewell »

Due to issues in production this model has been unexpectedly delayed. We are working diligently with our suppliers to address this
From the Dept. of Idle Speculation... :D

G10 doesn't seem likely to be a problem...nor does titanium...that leaves delays getting the CPM-M4??? I wonder if Crucible is still having "issues"? Just thinking out loud, no need for an official response from Spyderco.
PG5768

Post by PG5768 »

Thanks again for the status update. Its disappointing that you're having difficulties with this knife. Personally, I'd have been interested in this knife with any of the "high-end" steels for the blade. The Ti/G-10 RIL is what excited me the most.

Take your time making this one right and I'll have a little more time to save up so I can pay for it. :D
MCM

Post by MCM »

Agree.

If G-10 and M4 are the problem, substituting it with CF and S90v might be OK. ;)
:spyder: :eek: :spyder: :eek: :spyder: :eek: :spyder:
More S90v & CF please.......
warriorsociologist

Post by warriorsociologist »

MCM wrote:Agree.

If G-10 and M4 are the problem, substituting it with CF and S90v might be OK. ;)
Works for me! :cool:
- Chris (a.k.a. "rigormootis" on some other forums)
*Current Top 3: Stretch 2 K390, Native V M4/PE, Pacific Salt (1st Gen) H1/PE...
*Wishing for: "Salty" Stretch 2 (Magnacut) & a Catcherman (LC200N)
rkhndjr2000@yahoo.com

Post by rkhndjr2000@yahoo.com »

What is the knife. Numbers and letters mean nothing to a newbie like me.
JNewell

Post by JNewell »

rkhndjr2000@yahoo.com wrote:What is the knife. Numbers and letters mean nothing to a newbie like me.
It's a Military. CF/Ti with CPM-M4. Dealer-sponsored limited run of 500 pieces, long since fully- (actually, over-) subscribed.
rkhndjr2000@yahoo.com

Post by rkhndjr2000@yahoo.com »

Thank you. I bet it costs a ton. Be a nice one.
Scottie3000

Post by Scottie3000 »

rkhndjr2000@yahoo.com wrote:What is the knife. Numbers and letters mean nothing to a newbie like me.
This is a Military model with a titanium frame-lock or RIL (Reeve integral lock) on the locking side, G-10 composite handle scale just like a regular Military on the other side of the handle, and a steel called M4 for the blade. M4 is arguably the hottest high carbon, or non-stainless steel going right now. FYI a "stainless" steel can still rust or stain but is mostly resistant. It must have roughly 12% CR (chromium). This amount varies because one standard deals with total CR and another with "free" as in not tied up in carbides CR.

C36GTIP
C36 - Model number. each new knife has a sequential model number. All Military models, even the variations are C36.
G - G-10 Handle
TI - Titanium handle
P - Plain edge.

This is very much an AFI (aficionado) knife being that most NKPs (non-knife people) would not want to deal with a non-stainless steel blade. Also there are only a few hundred being made and they were all sold out around the beginning of April of this year.
On order: Maxamet Native 5
Current pocket hog: S90V Para2
Next up: Something Blurple