Scared Fake for Christmas!

A place to list and reference all Spyderco counterfeits, clones, and replicas that are found. Anything that isn't a legitimate Spyderco fits in this area.
Nifty_Nives

Scared Fake for Christmas!

Post by Nifty_Nives »

Hello guys! as some of you may know, i'm asking for a PE pacific salt for Christmas, with the black finish. However, my father does not know much about spyderco's and i dont know if this is possible, or if im just paranoid but, could my dad...

Could my dad buy a fake Pacific Salt on accident?

Im scared it might happen because he is not experienced with telling fakes from reals, and neither am i.

Anyone know how i can tell/if its possible for me to recieve a fake as a christmas gift?

am i just freaking out because im scared over nothing?

any of you felt like this before?
Andy
TexSierra

Post by TexSierra »

Recommend that he buys it from a Spyderco authorized reseller. That is really the only way to guarantee it
BuffaloBill

Post by BuffaloBill »

drop him hints about legit sites.

when i made lists i usually put the item and leave the website where you could get it with the item.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
^Click (needs updating)
The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

+1 on suggesting one or more reputable dealers. There are plenty of them, and the Pacific is popular enough that I'm sure most, if not all,l of them have it in stock.
Paul
My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Spydiewiki
Deplorable :p
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!
Freediver

Post by Freediver »

I have recently dealt with both knifecenter and the cutleryshoppe and think they are both great.
LorenzoL

Post by LorenzoL »

eBay is OK, too, but you have to stick to reputable sellers like Whitemountain, Poor Fish or SpydieGuys. And avoid a guy called Travis...