My Spyderco Tattoo

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
JNieporte

My Spyderco Tattoo

Post by JNieporte »

A few of you might know me from another knife forum, and it's nice to be here after lurking for so long. I wanted to post photos of my Spyderco-inspired tattoo. It's distinctly a Spyderco, but it doesn't exist (it's not a model ever offered by Spyderco).

I took the handle of the carbon fiber Stretch, exactly to size and shape, and made the texture look like the carbon fiber of the first Sage. The blade is a Native blade, stretched to fit the handle, and with that Spyderco "hump" that we all love. The result is below...

Next to a Native, its main inspiration (I don't have a Stretch yet)...

The photos don't do the tattoo justice; he really did a great job on making the carbon fiber look real. I think it was very well-executed from my drawing, and it's only my interpretation of what the "perfect" Spyderco would be for me.

UPDATE:
My tattoo artist just informed me that my Endura is all drawn up. Specifically, it's the third-generation Endura (the one with the tip-up clip that's bolted on with two big Phillips bolts and has a lanyard hole through).
This knife, but plain-edged... Image

It's going to be full-sized and as soon as we can work out a trade (I get all of my tattoos through trading knives) we'll get it done. I'll post photos here of the finished Endura tattoo.

Thoughts?
O,just,O

Post by O,just,O »

Doesn't really matter about what I think. I do however really want to know what your mum thinks of the tat, because that is a genuine indication.
Stay cool. :)
O.
JNieporte

Post by JNieporte »

O,just,O wrote:Doesn't really matter about what I think. I do however really want to know what your mum thinks of the tat, because that is a genuine indication.
Stay cool. :)
O.
My mother said "that's neat" when I showed her. I'm not sure what you think that's an indication of though :confused:
O,just,O

Post by O,just,O »

Indictor of general acceptance.
Good tats are art & I have no probs.
O.
tonydahose

Post by tonydahose »

it looks like there are cordinates above the knife. is that where you are from or Golden? you are a true endura fan, even i wouldn't go that far, but i cant wait to see it. :D
WTC #1444 Always Remember
Need info on a particular :spyder:, just click here
My knives
Spydie count: a few:D
JNieporte

Post by JNieporte »

tonydahose wrote:it looks like there are cordinates above the knife. is that where you are from or Golden? you are a true endura fan, even i wouldn't go that far, but i cant wait to see it. :D
The coordinates are where my wife and I met.
Jay_Ev

Post by Jay_Ev »

Came out pretty good. I'm currently going through surgery having my tattoos removed and it friggin' HURTS!!! :eek:

Good luck w/ your Endura tat!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] <--- My Spydies <click the dancing banana!>
StangBang

Post by StangBang »

Looks good!!! The Carbon fiber does look pretty well executed!
Vic
vampyrewolf

Post by vampyrewolf »

Jay_Ev wrote:Came out pretty good. I'm currently going through surgery having my tattoos removed and it friggin' HURTS!!! :eek:
And you thought that having a layer of skin zapped would tickle? :p

I'm just waiting on funds to be available before I go for my 2nd tattoo, then have to find an artist that does the style already.
Coffee before Conciousness
Why do people worry more if you argue with your voices than if you just talk with them? What about if you lose those arguements?
Slowly going crazy at work... they found a way to make the voices work too.