Show off your latest purchase

A place for you to post your pictures of Spyderco knives. Read Announcement before posting!
SpyderNut

Re: Show off your latest purchase

Post by SpyderNut »

Liquid Cobra wrote:Okay I need to slow down.

Seriously son! :eek: ;) You've been on a roll here lately, dang. :D
Liquid Cobra

Post by Liquid Cobra »

SpyderNut wrote:Seriously son! :eek: ;) You've been on a roll here lately, dang. :D
Hahah thanks SN! But I'm not sure if you mean I've been buying a lot, posting a lot of photos, or if you like the photos LOL.
Most recently acquired: Military 2, Paramilitary 2 Tanto x2, YoJUMBO, Swayback, Siren, DLC Yojimbo 2, Native Chief, Shaman S90V, Para 3 LW, Ikuchi, UKPK, Smock, SUBVERT, Amalgam, Para 3 CTS-XHP, Kapara, Paramilitary 2 M390
Grail Paramilitary 2 M390 X 2! ACHIEVED!!

For more of my pictures see my Instagram account.
@liquid_cobra
SpyderNut

Post by SpyderNut »

Liquid Cobra wrote:
SpyderNut wrote:Seriously son! :eek: ;) You've been on a roll here lately, dang. :D
Hahah thanks SN! But I'm not sure if you mean I've been buying a lot, posting a lot of photos, or if you like the photos LOL.
All of the above, brother. :D :p Those pics are fantastic! Hang on to those; they'll come in handy for the Calender Contest. :)
BTG

Post by BTG »

Picked this up from NGK...Was surprised to see it there since they've been Discontinued for a while..only 64 $...said 2 left in stock....am I correct in guessing " I " would be 2009... Also the box and the blade are marked 043V....I've seen this on some other blades posted but not 100% sure what that means...production number or collector club?
BTG

Post by BTG »

BTG wrote:Picked this up from NGK...Was surprised to see it there since they've been Discontinued for a while..only 64 $...said 2 left in stock....am I correct in guessing " I " would be 2009... Also the box and the blade are marked 043V....I've seen this on some other blades posted but not 100% sure what that means...production number or collector club?
Attachments
image.jpg
BTG

Post by BTG »

BTG wrote:
BTG wrote:Picked this up from NGK...Was surprised to see it there since they've been Discontinued for a while..only 64 $...said 2 left in stock....am I correct in guessing " I " would be 2009... Also the box and the blade are marked 043V....I've seen this on some other blades posted but not 100% sure what that means...production number or collector club?

Better pic of blade.
Attachments
image.jpg
clevelanddean

Post by clevelanddean »

Everything except the harpy was delivered in the past week.
PhotoGrid_1434135189418.jpg
difficult takes a day, impossible takes a week
jabba359

Post by jabba359 »

Collector's Club. You got club member #043's knife. The "V" indicates that the particular model you got is a variant. I'd guess that the fully serrated edge was the "Main" version of the C90BK Stretch (so it would have been numbered solely as "043", while the partially serrated and plain edge were likely the variants (and would be marked with "043V").
-Kyle

:bug-red
Latest arrivals: Lava Flow CF DLC Para2, Magnacut Mule, GITD Jester

http://www.spydiewiki.com
BTG

Post by BTG »

jabba359 wrote:
Collector's Club. You got club member #043's knife. The "V" indicates that the particular model you got is a variant. I'd guess that the fully serrated edge was the "Main" version of the C90BK Stretch (so it would have been numbered solely as "043", while the partially serrated and plain edge were likely the variants (and would be marked with "043V").
Thanks for the Info....always learning.
BTG

Post by BTG »

image.jpg
Mad Mac
Location: Northern Far West Deep East Texas in the Dirty South

Post by Mad Mac »

1990: Endura SE, Delica PE, Mariner, Police. 2014: ClipiTool Bottle Opener. 2015: Kitchen Knife PE, Tenacious CE, Stretch PE, Moran Drop Point, Kiwi, 2 Byrd Cara Caras, Schempp Bowie, Native 5 Forum Knife, Police SE, Tenacious SE, 4" Paring Knife, 2" Paring Knife, Terzuola Starmate. 2016: The Spyderco Story, Terzuola The Tactical Folding Knife, USN Ladybug H-1 Hawkbill SE, Black BaliYo, Yellow H-1 Salt Dragonfly 2 SE, Hennicke Ulize, Pink Native 5 PE, Renegade C23PS and C23P, Gayle Bradley 2, Terzuola Double Bevel, Gayle Bradley Air, Cricket Blue Nishjin, Centofante Memory, K2, 2 Large Lum Pink, Carey Rubicon. 2017: Dialex Battlestation, Orange Southard Positron, Gray Baliyo, Native 5 CE, Tenacious CE. 2018: Schempp EuroEdge, Eric Glesser ClipiTool Standard. 2019 Calendar Contest Reinhold Rhino CF PLN. 2022: Byrd Robin 2 Wharncliffe, Byrd Cara Cara 2 Rescue Orange, Janich Yojimbo 2 CruWear.
Motorcycle adventures in a past life.
Mad Mac
Location: Northern Far West Deep East Texas in the Dirty South

Post by Mad Mac »

1990: Endura SE, Delica PE, Mariner, Police. 2014: ClipiTool Bottle Opener. 2015: Kitchen Knife PE, Tenacious CE, Stretch PE, Moran Drop Point, Kiwi, 2 Byrd Cara Caras, Schempp Bowie, Native 5 Forum Knife, Police SE, Tenacious SE, 4" Paring Knife, 2" Paring Knife, Terzuola Starmate. 2016: The Spyderco Story, Terzuola The Tactical Folding Knife, USN Ladybug H-1 Hawkbill SE, Black BaliYo, Yellow H-1 Salt Dragonfly 2 SE, Hennicke Ulize, Pink Native 5 PE, Renegade C23PS and C23P, Gayle Bradley 2, Terzuola Double Bevel, Gayle Bradley Air, Cricket Blue Nishjin, Centofante Memory, K2, 2 Large Lum Pink, Carey Rubicon. 2017: Dialex Battlestation, Orange Southard Positron, Gray Baliyo, Native 5 CE, Tenacious CE. 2018: Schempp EuroEdge, Eric Glesser ClipiTool Standard. 2019 Calendar Contest Reinhold Rhino CF PLN. 2022: Byrd Robin 2 Wharncliffe, Byrd Cara Cara 2 Rescue Orange, Janich Yojimbo 2 CruWear.
Motorcycle adventures in a past life.
Liquid Cobra

Post by Liquid Cobra »

Most recently acquired: Military 2, Paramilitary 2 Tanto x2, YoJUMBO, Swayback, Siren, DLC Yojimbo 2, Native Chief, Shaman S90V, Para 3 LW, Ikuchi, UKPK, Smock, SUBVERT, Amalgam, Para 3 CTS-XHP, Kapara, Paramilitary 2 M390

@liquid_cobra
Reject

Post by Reject »

How much can a Koala bear?
MichaelScott

Post by MichaelScott »

Overheard at the end of the ice age, “We’ve been having such unnatural weather.”

http://acehotel.blog

Team Innovation
brick

Post by brick »

TiMaxPingo_2.JPG
-Tim
remnar

Post by remnar »

Reject wrote:Image
Cool Snap-It! I love those red handles. :)
GoldenSpydie

Post by GoldenSpydie »

I have a few recent purchases to share. First up is this interesting C01 Worker. I do not see a listing in Spydiewiki that fits this variation exactly. It has square (not beveled) edges on the handle, a 3-screw clip, and a plain-edge blade with unmarked blade steel. This Worker is a factory second; it has the largest spine notch that I have ever seen, and it has "2nd" stamped on the handle--I've never seen this before. I believe that the punch marks on the presentation side are the reason that it is a factory second. If you have any relevant info concerning this knife, please let me know--thanks!

(an old knife needs an old-looking picture, right?)

Next up, I got a Gunting. It is plain edge, 440V, serial #608, and in like-new condition. Thanks to the forum for helping me decide which knife to purchase! The Gunting is a nice, solid-feeling knife. The puzzle lock (backward compression lock) is weird, as is the clip. I'm glad to have been able to add another Golden-made model to my collection.

Last but not least, I got an old Catcherman in full spyder-edge, AUS-8A, and yellow FRN. I won it on Ebay for a pretty decent price. In hand, I was surprised how large and yet how light the Catcherman is! The serrations are very sharp, the blade is thin, and I am sure that this knife would cut very well. I think that a Catcherman v2 with a FFG, VG-10 blade; a Bi-Directional textured handle; and a 4-way clip would be a big hit.

Liquid Cobra

Post by Liquid Cobra »

New P'kal

@liquid_cobra
Donut

Post by Donut »

brick wrote:
TiMaxPingo_2.JPG
Nice!
-Brian
A distinguished lurker.
Waiting on a Squeak and Pingo with a Split Spring!