The Para-Military

A place for you to post your pictures of Spyderco knives. Read Announcement before posting!
Fred Sanford

The Para-Military

Post by Fred Sanford »

Just got another Para-Military today. This one is a black bladed model with the new jimping on the thumb ramp and the finger choil. I'm not sure yet if I like the old or the new jimping better. Right now I'm thinking I like the older better, but time will tell.

The Para-Military is by far my favorite knife. The Delica is a pretty close second but I have owned more Para's than any other knife I have had.

If I could only have one knife for the rest of my life it would be a Para-Military. I love all variations of this bad boy. It's such a tough hardcore knife.

Enjoy the photos.

"I'm calling YOU ugly, I could push your face in some dough and make gorilla cookies." - Fred Sanford
deeker

Post by deeker »

If you decide you want to rid yourself of that thing, I'd probably endure that particular hardship and provide a good home for it.
Axlis

Post by Axlis »

Very nice pics David, thanks for sharing with us!
jaislandboy

Post by jaislandboy »

sharp crisp pix David..... :cool:
I've got the same version of the Paramillie (my only one)..... :)
brian
"All paths lead back to the Spyderhole..."
So-Lo

Post by So-Lo »

Nice pictures, I just got my SE Para, and I love it. My para however has the older jimping :mad:

O well guess I NEED to get another one, and see if that one has the new jimping :D , so I can see what one I like better :D :D :D
Zatx

Post by Zatx »

Great knife and great pics!!!
“Open, close, cut, clean, oil, cut, cut, cut... To a Spyderco, that is living. Letting it die in the box is to lose 75% of what we put into it." -----Sal Glesser
spydutch

Post by spydutch »

Great looking knife David :cool: :cool:

Thinking about getting one for myself :confused:
Arend(old school Spydie lover)

MEMBER OF THE INTERNATIONAL ORDER OF THE SPYDEREDGE!!!

VERY PROUD OWNER OF A CALY III/SE #043 :D

....AND A FG(PARA) MILITARY/SE IN CPMD2(thanx Sal):cool:

...I would love to have one in full SpyderEdge:p
Sharpy_swe

Post by Sharpy_swe »

Great pictures :)
Fatboy

Post by Fatboy »

Congrats David, Great photo. I just ordered a 2nd Millie today ! :D
:spyder: Collector # 185
65 Spydies and counting
DRod

Post by DRod »

Great pics. Makes me even more giddy about mine. Its on time for delivery on Tuesday. GAH!
I hate the waiting!
In the time of chimpanzees, I was a monkey.
Give us clear vision, that we may know where to stand and what to stand for - because unless we stand for something, we shall fall for anything.
~ Peter Marshall, US Senate Chaplain 1947
spyderdog

Post by spyderdog »

David.....just noticed that the clip hardware isn't black on this newer version. The black probably wears off anyway, but what do you think of the look?
Fred Sanford

Post by Fred Sanford »

Spyderdog,

I don't really care either way but.... I think they actually look a little better the natural color instead of black. :)
"I'm calling YOU ugly, I could push your face in some dough and make gorilla cookies." - Fred Sanford
malice4you

Post by malice4you »

I hate you for making me want one of those even more than I already did. Now, to decide if a hawkbill or one of these will be my next knife...

great pics :)
gull wing

Post by gull wing »

great pic's!
i haven't edc'd mine in a while, thanks for the wake up.
wonder how the "new" para is comeing along?
SCARAMOUCHE! :bug-red-white
Fred Sanford

Post by Fred Sanford »

gull wing wrote:great pic's!
i haven't edc'd mine in a while, thanks for the wake up.
wonder how the "new" para is comeing along?
Thanks. I would love to try out the new Para and see what they have in the works. Knowing them it will be a kick butt knife.
Chucula

Post by Chucula »

dad gumet i still cant decide between a para and a full millie :( It is very sad :D

Thanks for the pics
Fred Sanford

Post by Fred Sanford »

Chucula,

Hmm... Have you ever just flipped a coin and gone with it? A lot of times I ask my wife to choose a number between one and 100. If I have two knives in mind whatever model number is closest to the one she picks I buy. ;)
dalefuller

Post by dalefuller »

Thanks for the pix. The Para and the G10 Caly 3 are my two favorite Spydercos. I've got two buys scheduled for the next two months... one of them will be a Para SE. I finally decided to get another Para because my wife always hauls the one I've got when we go hiking or camping. I've got an 80mm Manix, but I really prefer the ergos and the construction style of the Para, so I thought I'd vary the mix and get an SE to carry.

My Para has the older jimping, but I really like this new pattern on the D4s and Caly 3, so I'm sure I'll like it on the next Para I get.
Regards,
Dale

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went."
~ Will Rogers, 1879-1935
Fred Sanford

Post by Fred Sanford »

dalefuller wrote:....My Para has the older jimping, but I really like this new pattern on the D4s and Caly 3, so I'm sure I'll like it on the next Para I get.
Dale,

Make sure you call whomever you purchase your new Para from and explain that you're looking for the new jimping. Even when I've called I've had to tell them exactly what I mean and how there is also jimping on the index finger choil. I've found that lots of places still have the old ones in stock. The ones that have the new style I've had to either buy off of eBay from Gizmojoes, or Spydieguys, or I call NGK or Knifeworks and make sure they send the newer style. ;)

Just a tip.
dalefuller

Post by dalefuller »

OK... thanks. I'll probably try Mike at NGK first. They're really easy to work with and that's a home town business.
Regards,
Dale

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went."
~ Will Rogers, 1879-1935