Show your EDC

A place for you to post your pictures of Spyderco knives. Read Announcement before posting!
chuck_roxas45

Post by chuck_roxas45 »

SQSAR wrote:What is the angle you have that edge set at on your Zero Tolerance Chuck? Looks a bit steep, , or is it an optical illusion?
Hmmm, I really dunno SQSAR. I had the EP at 18 degree per side setting but with the geometry of the grind, I couldn't figure out the angle. The result does seem to be a bit acute since the 40 degree setting on the SM will result in a very tiny microbevel. The tip area does seem to have a slightly more obtuse angle.
Monocrom

Post by Monocrom »

spyderkoholic wrote:Monocrom,

I've been thinking about buying a Sunwayman V10R light, I was wondering if you had any experience with that brand. I've watched several videos on the brand, and the light in particular, and I'm really itching to buy one. If you do, could you give me your experience on them.

Thanks in advance.
Koa, my real name.
No personal experience with the brand.

But a good source of info. would be CandlePowerForums.com

Very family friendly, just like this forum. From what I've read, it's a very popular light.
"The World is insane, with small pockets of sanity here & there. Not the other way around."

:spyder:-John Cleese- :spyder:
rg02

Post by rg02 »

New to the board. I'll play!

-Ryan

-Techno, cruwear Mule, Dragonfly 2 FRN, Assist, Endura FRN ATS-55 SE, Endura SS aus-6 PE, Persistence(Wife's)
-Wicked Edge
WESBC

Post by WESBC »

This has been my EDC since I got the Barong, I just never got around to taking pics.

more on my tumblr!
BSBG

Post by BSBG »

G30 SF, Yojimbo 2:

rg02

Post by rg02 »

BSBG wrote:G30 SF, Yojimbo 2:

2 nice pieces right there! How do you like your Glock? I love my G26! Carry it daily in my Crossbreed Horsehide Supertuck IWB.
-Ryan

-Techno, cruwear Mule, Dragonfly 2 FRN, Assist, Endura FRN ATS-55 SE, Endura SS aus-6 PE, Persistence(Wife's)
-Wicked Edge
Donut

Post by Donut »

Sorry that I missed these posts.
Mr Blonde wrote:Not really, the only time I had a clicky-failure was with a Surefire E2e almost ten years ago now. Never had a problem since, my Sunwayman, Nitecore and Jetbeam lights are still going strong for almost a year now (I rotate on a weekly basis) with their clickies. I have a twistie light on my keys that's also doing just fine, but I prefer clickies.
Yeah, for light use it is probably unlikely that any switch will fail, but any clicky switch is probably 100 times more able to fail than any twisty.
Monocrom wrote:I honestly don't see why that would be the case. Mine has never failed me. It is a light that runs off of a single CR123 cell, and it does have a momentary tailcap switch. You can press the tailcap switch as much as you want, but the light is never going to click on. If you want constant-on, you have to twist the tailcap to get it to stay on. Otherwise the light will switch off the moment you pull your thumb away from the switch.

It's actually an improved momentary switch because it allows the light to be dual-mode while still retaining the excellent reliability that comes with using a momentary switch. I've found it works very well. I liked the form factor so much that I had mine customized to update the LED technology. Told the guy not to change the beam profile on either mode. He did a great job.
Well, anyone who is an advocate for Surefire and reliability will talk all day about the twisty/momentary tail switch. The clickies and the L1 type tail are made with too much plastic, if they fall the wrong way they break. Many people might use the L1 or E series and it might last them a lifetime without breaking, including me. But they aren't the epitome of reliable, and if you need to rely on something, I wouldn't be going for that.

I know what you're talking about. I messaged Milky a few times. My history is basically: send milky a message, no reply, send milky a message, no reply, send milky a message, no reply. *shrugs*

But yeah, I love my clickies, I typically carry a 47's tactical or Novatac or RA or some Nitecore. I can deal with a switch failing for the usefulness the clickie switch provides me.
-Brian
A distinguished lurker.
Waiting on a Squeak and Pingo with a Split Spring!
WESBC

Post by WESBC »

Donut wrote: I know what you're talking about. I messaged Milky a few times. My history is basically: send milky a message, no reply, send milky a message, no reply, send milky a message, no reply. *shrugs*
PM me and I'll give you his email. I've successfully been in contact with him via email a couple years back. As I see it, his PM inbox probably is full and too hard to keep up with.
BSBG

Post by BSBG »

rg02 wrote:2 nice pieces right there! How do you like your Glock? I love my G26! Carry it daily in my Crossbreed Horsehide Supertuck IWB.
Thanks!

I find I shoot my G30 as good or better than any other Glock, larger or smaller. I carry it in a Bladetech IWB or a Raven slide holster that fits my G21 as well. I carry my 26 a lot in warmer weather, it is enough smaller to make it work better in some conditions.
:spyder:
Cscoop

Post by Cscoop »

Delica 4 w Tom Krein regrind - My laser beam
We would not let our people have ideas why would we let them have guns? Josef Stalin
Adriaan

Post by Adriaan »

Jordan

Post by Jordan »

Well, this isn't exactly my EDC, but it is today's carry :p . Word is, there is a cougar in the mountains that desperately needs a few .30 caliber life lessons :D .

Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
- Theodore Roosevelt

"I twisted the knife until I heard his heart-strings sing."

- Jim Bowie concerning Maj. Norris Wright
Adriaan

Post by Adriaan »

It looks a little bit like the EDC of John Wayne :)
yamamoto

Post by yamamoto »

I agree with the words Adriaan. :)
Cscoop

Post by Cscoop »

Sage 1, Case mini Trapper CV, 4Sevens Mini Quark AA
We would not let our people have ideas why would we let them have guns? Josef Stalin
gbelleh

Post by gbelleh »

DCDesigns wrote: Is that a Rohrbaugh R9 ( or however you spell it)? How do you like it? Do you find it a hand full?
Haven't checked this thread in a while.

Yes, it's a Rohrbaugh R9S. It's a great little back up gun. Recoil is stout, but not uncomfortable or unmanageable. I added grip tape to the front and back straps which really helps secure the grip. The grip is a little slick without it. It's expensive, not +p rated and needs regular recoil spring replacement. But, when size and weight are critical, it's great to have. It's small, light, smooth, unobtrusive and reliable. I use it as an alternative to a spare mag (NY reload). Very easy to carry, even in a pajama pants pocket.

:bug-red-white
geardog32

Post by geardog32 »

MisterJeff

Post by MisterJeff »

Just registered here, figured I'd start off with this.

Words cannot begin to describe how much I love my Endura!
Jordan

Post by Jordan »

Welcome to the forums Jeff! Nice pic.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
- Theodore Roosevelt

"I twisted the knife until I heard his heart-strings sing."

- Jim Bowie concerning Maj. Norris Wright
rg02

Post by rg02 »

geardog32 wrote:Image
what brand holster is that?! is that carbon fiber?!!!! sexy!

I carry a g26 in a crossbreed supertuck in horsehide. Design is very similar to your holster.......
-Ryan

-Wicked Edge