Pink Spydercos????

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
ASmitty

Pink Spydercos????

Post by ASmitty »

So, I've heard there is supposed to be a run of Pink Delicas coming out sometime in the next few months. I was wondering if it would be possible to talk Spyderco into doing a small run of Pink Dragonflys as well. I know of a couple of women I know who would love to have a Pink Spydie but they are more likely to carry a Dragonfly than a Delica. I was hoping to rally enough interest for Sal to take notice. So, come on, anybody interested help me out here.
"A flute with no holes is not a flute. A donut with no hole, is a danish."

Quietly lurking the Spyderco forum since 2003...
JD Spydo

PINK >> I don't think

Post by JD Spydo »

They did make a Pink Delica once before. They also made a pink Cricket. I personally haven't heard of any new Pink Spyders being planned. I did hear about a year ago that they were not going to make any more Pink Spyders because the other ones were very poor sellers.
Long Live the SPYDEREDGE Spyderco Hawkbills RULE!!
dedguy

Post by dedguy »

I could swear Kristi has mentioned specifically that a pink D4 is coming out. I think even specific numbers of how many will be made have been stated.
"Always keep an edge on your knife son, because a good sharp edge is a man's best hedge against the vague uncertainties of life."
dedguy.net
The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

JD is right about the sales of past pink Spydercos. None of them did well, not even the Ladybug or Jester, so I think we are lucky to be seeing a new pink Delica and would not hold out too much hope of seeing other models offered in pink. I do think most ladies would find the Tiger Coral, Apple Coral, Gold Pearl, and Turquoise Kopas, and the new Pearl and Abalone Kiwi due out this year, rather attractive.
Paul
My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Spydiewiki
Deplorable :p
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!
Axlis

Post by Axlis »

I'm really excited about the new pink Delica, the suspense is killing me! :eek:
bh49

Pink Delica4

Post by bh49 »

IIRC it will be only 500 pieces run
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"

My top choices Natives5, Calys, C83 Persian
spyderknut

Post by spyderknut »

Looking forward to pink Delicas. A pink Dragonfly would be great too -- A perfect first knife for the little girls in your life. A Delica might be a little too big for my 7 year old.
"There's no such thing as bad weather, just bad clothing." -- my grandfather
Collector #041
augustus88

I really need a pink knife!

Post by augustus88 »

I need a Pink Spyderco as a gift for my fishing buddy(guy). It's payback for the Barbie tackle box and matching hot pink beer can coozie he gave me as Christmas gifts. :mad: I can't stand wasting money on bad knives so I'll either wait for a pink Spyderco or swap out the scales on a G-10 Byrd Meadowlark with pink micarta or G-10. Anybody know where I can get some pink G-10 or Micarta?
The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

spyderknut wrote:Looking forward to pink Delicas. A pink Dragonfly would be great too -- A perfect first knife for the little girls in your life. A Delica might be a little too big for my 7 year old.
If you, or anyone else, want a small pink Spyderco in the here-and-now, Hamonoichiba in Japan still has pink Jesters in both plain and serrated available at around $25 plus shipping. They also have the Lime Green, Blue, and Red Jesters, as well as several colors of Ladybugs, including pink, at the same price.
Paul
My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Spydiewiki
Deplorable :p
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!
tonydahose

Post by tonydahose »

they are supposed to be coming put in march and limited to a run of 500 pcs.
thombrogan

Post by thombrogan »

augustus88 wrote:Anybody know where I can get some pink G-10 or Micarta?
You can make some yourself with pink linen, slow-cure epoxy, and a press. Others can make it for you, but the price I was quoted was, well, :eek:
"I knew you before you knew you had hands!" ~Tracey Brogan

"Ah-ha! A Spyderco moment!" ~Michael Cook

"Hawkbills - Sink in the tip and let it rip!" ~Axlis

"I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers which can't be questioned" ~Richard Feynman
augustus88

Post by augustus88 »

thombrogan wrote:You can make some yourself with pink linen, slow-cure epoxy, and a press. Others can make it for you, but the price I was quoted was, well, :eek:
I just found a great online tutorial for homemade micarta. http://www.britishblades.com/forums/sho ... hp?t=21836
I have a bunch of leftover marine grade epoxy and I'm sure I can pick up some cheap pink fabric at JoAnne's. Maybe I'll just raid my mother's sewing room and save some $$$. ;) Looks like I'll be adding some hot pink micarta to a Byrd pretty soon. I had great sucess on my last Byrd micarta mod so this should'nt be too hard. I'll share the results when I'm finished.

Thanks
Gollum

Post by Gollum »

Can we assume the Pink Delica is gonna be VG-10???
Intentionally Left Blank
John G.

Post by John G. »

spyderknut wrote:Looking forward to pink Delicas. A pink Dragonfly would be great too -- A perfect first knife for the little girls in your life. A Delica might be a little too big for my 7 year old.
The Delica is a little too big for the 7-9 year old cubscouts in my den. It's not impossible to use, but it looks like they're holding an Endura the handle sticks out so far. The Dragonfly is about the perfect size.

Also, most cubscouts don't have enough thumb strength to do a one-handed close until they are about 10 years old.

I'm personally hoping the Dragonfly gets upgraded to a torx pivot and metal clip soon.

Also, since we are on colors - most of my daughter's girl scout troop wanted medium purple instead of pink.
zenheretic

Post by zenheretic »

Gollum wrote:Can we assume the Pink Delica is gonna be VG-10???
Pretty safe assumption. ;)
Follow the mushin, but pay it no heed.
spyderknut

Post by spyderknut »

John G. wrote:The Delica is a little too big for the 7-9 year old cubscouts in my den. It's not impossible to use, but it looks like they're holding an Endura the handle sticks out so far. The Dragonfly is about the perfect size.

Also, most cubscouts don't have enough thumb strength to do a one-handed close until they are about 10 years old.

I'm personally hoping the Dragonfly gets upgraded to a torx pivot and metal clip soon.

Also, since we are on colors - most of my daughter's girl scout troop wanted medium purple instead of pink.
I have a Bear den too.

Purple would be fine.
"There's no such thing as bad weather, just bad clothing." -- my grandfather
Collector #041
sal

Post by sal »

It actually all started out with the forumites bugging us for a pink Delica. I spoke with staff and everyone felt it was a bad idea, primarily because prior pink products ended up as close-outs (read: "lost money").

The thread peristed. Further inspection revealed that quantities could be the issue. A decision was made to make a run of 500 pcs, which is normally too low of a number to justify. But an existing model with only a color change was possible. One of the managers bet against me as to their successful sales. ((Lunch).

There is a run in the works for 500 pink Delica's with VG-10, plain edge.

It appears that they may have been sold at the SHOT show to distributors and dealers.

So it looks like those of you that wanted a pink Delica will get one and I might get a "free lunch". ;)

sal
Peter1960

Post by Peter1960 »

[quote="sal"]... There is a run in the works for 500 pink Delica's with VG-10, plain edge ... So it looks like those of you that wanted a pink Delica will get one and I might get a "free lunch". ]
Thank you! I asked for one and I will buy one, that's a promise! Enjoy your meal ;)
Peter - founding member of Spydiewiki.com

"Integrity is being good even if no one is watching"
Spyderco's company motto
fellyjr

Post by fellyjr »

[quote="sal"]

There is a run in the works for 500 pink Delica's with VG-10, plain edge.

It appears that they may have been sold at the SHOT show to distributors and dealers.

So it looks like those of you that wanted a pink Delica will get one and I might get a "free lunch". ]

YES!!! :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: Thanks Sal! ;) :D
eastr

Post by eastr »

yes sal your lunch is on the table have have to find them but when i do i ned 2 one for my wife and 1 for her best freind they have been after me evere sence i told them they were going to be made but i can't find them anywhere?????????
"THE ROUGH RIDER”“FAR BETTER IT IS TO DARE MIGHTY THINGS..THAN TO TAKE RANK WITH THOSE POOR. TIMID SPIRITS WHO KNOW NEITHER VICTORY NOR DEFEAT.” THEODORE ROOSEVELT 1899
spyderco making mans oldest tool mans most advanced tool:spyder:
THE GREATSET POWER IS OFTEN SIMPLE PATIENECE
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.