Torx head size for Endura 4 pocket clip

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
troutfisher1311

Torx head size for Endura 4 pocket clip

Post by troutfisher1311 »

Does anyone know what size torx head the three screws that hold the pocket clip on the Endura 4 are? Or where I can find a tool that small? The pocket clip on my Endura 4 is coming loose, and I can not find a torx head small enough to fit it. I have checked in Lowes, Home Depot, Wal-mart, and Sears, and the smallest I can find is T8. I don't want to lose my clip, or worse yet my favorite knife. Thanks.
eastr

Post by eastr »

the size is T6
"THE ROUGH RIDER”“FAR BETTER IT IS TO DARE MIGHTY THINGS..THAN TO TAKE RANK WITH THOSE POOR. TIMID SPIRITS WHO KNOW NEITHER VICTORY NOR DEFEAT.” THEODORE ROOSEVELT 1899
spyderco making mans oldest tool mans most advanced tool:spyder:
THE GREATSET POWER IS OFTEN SIMPLE PATIENECE
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
Manifest

Post by Manifest »

The Benchmade Bluebox has the Torx size you are looking for (I used it for my Delica 4). However, the kit seems very fragile and the bits seem kind of soft. If you can find a better kit, go for it!
eastr

Post by eastr »

sears sells the size as well.
"THE ROUGH RIDER”“FAR BETTER IT IS TO DARE MIGHTY THINGS..THAN TO TAKE RANK WITH THOSE POOR. TIMID SPIRITS WHO KNOW NEITHER VICTORY NOR DEFEAT.” THEODORE ROOSEVELT 1899
spyderco making mans oldest tool mans most advanced tool:spyder:
THE GREATSET POWER IS OFTEN SIMPLE PATIENECE
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

As does Home Depot, it is one of the sizes in the small Husky multi-bit Torx driver set they sell for around $6.
Paul
My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Spydiewiki
Deplorable :p
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!
dalefuller

Post by dalefuller »

Lowe's, Home depot, or Sears all sell small Torx head drivers that fit into the handle and make a nice little package. I have the Husky and Kobalt sets. They were less than $10.00 each and both cover the range from T4 to T15.

I also have Benchmade's Blue Box and have had no trouble with it, but it is a little harder to set up for use since the box becomes the handle when it's assembled.
Regards,
Dale

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went."
~ Will Rogers, 1879-1935
Qship

Post by Qship »

Assuming my trainer is the same as the knife, a T6 fits. Lowes sells an 8 bit set under their brand name Kobalt. Comes in a blister pack, and the drivers fit in the handle

If you anticipate getting a knife like the Yojimbo, which has Torx head on both ends of the screws, you might want to get two while you are at it.

Qship
enduraguy

Husky Tool!

Post by enduraguy »

I'll second the vote for that Husky torx set. It's a nice all in one with all the torx bit sizes you could need for modern folders like the Spydie line. A tip, if you pull out the plastic insert inside the handle all the torx bits will fit inside! ;)