KOT : Extrema ratio fulcrum

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
AllenETreat

KOT : Extrema ratio fulcrum

Post by AllenETreat »

As I am banished from Bladeforums.com I may as well ask here...

What do you think of the Extrema ratio fulcrum folder? I have a chance
to get one for $179.99 on closeout from One Stop ( meebee I'll get lucky
& they'll ship the MPC instead :D ) It's either that or a Yojimbo and / or black DoDo SE. Here's a pic -

AET
Attachments
ER-FulcFol.jpg
ER-FulcFol.jpg (14.08 KiB) Viewed 5465 times
All men dream, but not equally. Those who dream by night, in the dusty recesses of their minds, awake in the day to find that it was vanity. But the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes to make it reality.

T.E. Lawrence
Milu

Post by Milu »

Hi Allen,
at that price I don't think you can go wrong.
I have an MPC which is a bit bigger but basically the same knife. Big, heavy, strong and unbreakable, built to last forever. As a cutting tool it's very sharp but it's more a two handed broadsword that will cut through armour than a Persian scimitar or Japanese Katana that will cut floating silk. It's the kind of knife that begs to be used and impresses the world. A Spyderco Persian or Chinook is a better all rounder but ER folders are extra-special.
Every knife nut should have one but two is superfluous. Get it and then post your thoughts on it.
-M.
PS there was a recent discussion on ER in the Knife Forums general discussion forum.
My father always taught me not to trust a man who was not interested in cars, guns and knives.
java
Location: Rosamond - Tropical Paradise without the tropics.....(or the paradise)

Post by java »

Allen,

That's the best dealer price I've heard in a while. I paid $149.00 on E-Bay for a Fulcrum FCN but that seems to be a fluke judging the current bids on Fulcrums I've seen lately. I know you prefer a lighter knife for EDC and these critters are like a main battle tank. The blade is virtually rust proof and it locks up like a high performance bank vault with 6 foot rotor stacks and ABS. If you can't deploy the blade in time, you can smack an attacker with the same authority as a 6 D-cell Mag light. This ain't yo mama's paring knife! ER makes em solid! They also make the Fulcrum for medium to large sized hands. Ergos aren't too bad for a large handled folder.

One of these days, I'll upgarde to a Col Moschin, Harpoon, or Golem F, Testudo, Black Blade, ComboEdge for my serious forest clear-cutting and strip harvesting work. These babies are the real professional grade vehicle. ;)
When I said that mercy stood
Within the border of the wood
I meant the lenient beast with claws
And bloody swift dispatching jaws.

Death Before Decaf!
!
:spyder:
thombrogan

Post by thombrogan »

It's a good price for a heavy folder with low cutting ability and no pocket clip. Unlike ER's other folders, the one you're showing doesn't have the crossbolt locking system, so it's still darned good, but not as strong as it could be.

I really like my ER folders, but, were I to do it over again, I would have gotten a Swamp Rat Battle Rat and a Chinook II for less than what I paid for my ER Nemesis.
"I knew you before you knew you had hands!" ~Tracey Brogan

"Ah-ha! A Spyderco moment!" ~Michael Cook

"Hawkbills - Sink in the tip and let it rip!" ~Axlis

"I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers which can't be questioned" ~Richard Feynman
samosaurus

Post by samosaurus »

Nice! :cool: Thinks its a good deal since it was selling at three times its original retail price.. :D

Sam
Milu

Post by Milu »

It's gorilla strong even without the cross-bolt safety! I think this feature is more to prevent accidental closure than additional strenghting.
My father always taught me not to trust a man who was not interested in cars, guns and knives.
Ray.Hood

Col Moschin, tuff group!

Post by Ray.Hood »

Those guys are cool man! The knives are top-notch too.I say go for it, can't beat the price. Then buy a Spyderco to carry every day.