C-60 Ayoob Campaign: No I Won't Shut Up

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Evil D

Re: C-60 Ayoob Campaign: No I Won't Shut Up

Post by Evil D »

I was thinking LC and H1 may be contenders too. After all I'm not sure many dedicated knife defense guys want a steel that may rust.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
Gsg9

Post by Gsg9 »

Evil D wrote:
Fri Dec 11, 2020 1:36 pm
Gsg9 wrote:
Fri Dec 11, 2020 12:39 pm

So, just to clarify for EvilD and potentially other easily impressionable people in here: there was no drama in that post either :D

Thought this topic wasn't necessarily just about buying the knife so I might chime in zeee parade from time to time :D

Here's some clarification..

36 pages, 716 posts that until you were all ecstatic about this knife happening

Mr. Ayoob and Sal themselves both gave it their blessings

It's practically unheard of to see a sprint of a knife that has been out of production for this long

You're speculating about a price that doesn't even exist yet

Joe has been preaching and begging for this knife to come back for so many years and it's finally happening

Man, maybe I overreacted, it's just that 2020 has been a **** hole of a year and this thread has been so positive and uplifting and it's one of the few things this year I've had to be excited about and it just feels like you're shitting on it before it even exists. If I'm wrong for that I'll shut up. I'm just saying give it time and if it comes with a $300 street price we can come back here and I'll publicly exclaim that you were right all along. Until then it'd be nice if we can just be excited and ignore whatever inflated price it may come with and cross that bridge or burn it down when we get there.

OK, I think I'm totally getting it now :D

You guys were all "ecstatic" in here in some sort of trance-Aum-Shambala-spirals and the excitement was growing and growing and the trance was getting deeper and deeper and your bodies felt weightless with each post.

And some stupid-me comes in here in the middle of your incantations worried that this sprint might get expensive because of that steel that is shipped around the planet according to Spyderco's usually twisted habits :D

That's why you jumped straight away to my throat, bad timing, I totally get it.

OK, sorry guys, didn't want to ruin your incantations.

I'm sure that if you just calm down and forget about me, breathe-in slooooow and deep, hold your hands, close your eyes, focus your minds on the tip of Ayoob folder and meditate on the beauty of the humanity reflected in the purity of the edge , while you keep singing your sacred mantras, then you will gather back that momentum and that feeling of happiness will embrace your bodies and spirits.

May Baldur the son of Odin be with yous all :D
ladybug93

Post by ladybug93 »

do you feel better now that that's out of your system? can we all move on in peace and be done with this childish negativity?

this is one of the longest threads i've seen of this type in the past few years and it's great to see the response from spyderco and mr. ayoob. it was all so positive until this exchange. it would be nice to return to that.
keep your knife sharp and your focus sharper.
current collection:
C36MCW2, C258YL, C253GBBK, C258GFBL, C101GBBK2, C11GYW, C11FWNB20CV, C101GBN15V2, C101GODFDE2, C60GGY, C149G, C189, C101GBN2, MT35, C211TI, C242CF, C217GSSF, C101BN2, C85G2, C91BBK, C142G, C122GBBK, LBK, LYL3HB, C193, C28YL2, C11ZPGYD, C41YL5, C252G, C130G, PLKIT1
spyderco steels:
H2, CPM 20CV, CPM 15V, CTS 204P, CPM CRUWEAR, CPM S30V, N690Co, M390, CPM MagnaCut, LC200N, CTS XHP, H1, 8Cr13MoV, GIN-1, CTS BD1, VG-10, VG-10/Damascus, 440C
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

ladybug93 wrote:
Fri Dec 11, 2020 5:28 pm
do you feel better now that that's out of your system? can we all move on in peace and be done with this childish negativity?

this is one of the longest threads i've seen of this type in the past few years and it's great to see the response from spyderco and mr. ayoob. it was all so positive until this exchange. it would be nice to return to that.
Thank you very much for your support Ladybug93 :) I'm wondering why on GOD's blue planet anyone would take any offense at the contents of this thread :confused: And I fully understand that none of us like every model Spyderco ever made. For instance I've never been a fan of the Gayle Bradley designs>> but that's just my personal preference. And I realize that Gayle Bradley is a superb craftsman and has plenty of fans without my support. GOD love him, GOD Bless him and I mean that sincerely. I just tend to prefer knives with less wider blades for the most part.

I agree with EVIL D that we have really had a great time with the exchanges we've had on this thread since July of this year. Let's put this all in perspective. There are a lot more people who are in favor of the C-60 Sprint Run than there are people who take the "Thumb's Down" position. And I don't particularly have any axe to grind with anyone who does not like the C-60 for whatever reason. It might just be nothing more than a "Ford vs Chevy" debate when it's all said and done.

But the following aspects are in our favor>> We've got a huge green light, We've got the blessings of the Spyderco owner/CEO as well as the Blessings from the brilliant designer who gave us the design of the C-60 ( Mr. Massad Ayoob). So let's just let it go at that and focus on it's release date. :)
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

Gsg9 wrote:
Fri Dec 11, 2020 4:46 pm

You guys were all "ecstatic" in here in some sort of trance-Aum-Shambala-spirals and the excitement was growing and growing and the trance was getting deeper and deeper and your bodies felt weightless with each post.

And some stupid-me comes in here in the middle of your incantations worried that this sprint might get expensive because of that steel that is shipped around the planet according to Spyderco's usually twisted habits :D

I'm sure that if you just calm down and forget about me, breathe-in slooooow and deep, hold your hands, close your eyes, focus your minds on the tip of Ayoob folder and meditate on the beauty of the humanity reflected in the purity of the edge , while you keep singing your sacred mantras, then you will gather back that momentum and that feeling of happiness will embrace your bodies and spirits.

Yeah, you're definitely not into drama, this asinine post sure proved that. I'm sorry you're so salty that you can't enjoy this like the rest of us, but your verbal diarrhea sure won't stop the kumbaya from continuing.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
nerdlock

Post by nerdlock »

Hey JD,

For what it's worth, my only real problem with this before is that it may come in VG10 and not some other steel with much better properties. And I'm glad Sal himself confirmed that it won't be the case. So I'm definitely happy with this moving forward. :D

Gsg, I get your point man, I would be also be concerned about the overhead costs of shipping materials around would add to the price point...but as D said, it's much better to wait for that than to speculate. :) Peace and love all around folks. :D
Last edited by nerdlock on Fri Dec 11, 2020 8:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
8Cr13MoV:N690Co:VG10:S30V:S35VN:S45VN:Elmax:SPY27:H1:LC200N:4V:MagnaCut:CTS-XHP:204P:M390:20CV:Cru-Wear:Z-Wear:M4:Rex-45:10V:K390:15V:S90V:Z-Max:Maxamet
benben

Post by benben »

nerdlock wrote:
Fri Dec 11, 2020 8:19 pm
Hey JD,

For what it's worth, my only real problem with this before is that it may come in VG10 and some other steel with much better properties. And I'm glad Sal himself confirmed that it won't be the case. So I'm definitely happy with this moving forward. :D

Gsg, I get your point man, I would be also be concerned about the overhead costs of shipping materials around would add to the price point...but as D said, it's much better to wait for that than to speculate. :) Peace and love all around folks. :D
Yes to all of this!
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

nerdlock wrote:
Hey JD,

For what it's worth, my only real problem with this before is that it may come in VG10 and not some other steel with much better properties. And I'm glad Sal himself confirmed that it won't be the case. So I'm definitely happy with this moving forward. :D

I'm now kind of fired up that there is speculation that the Sprint Run C-60 Ayoob might indeed be done with SPY-27 blade steel. It truly would be apropos to use a new blade steel especially geared for Spyderco models. Also the C-60 Ayoob model has so many iconic aspects to it and I believe the two would go hand in hand.

From the beginning I didn't really want VG-10 for this Sprint Run but simply from the stand point that they have used VG-10 in so many models over the years and it's really a great idea to use a newer blade steel on such a special Sprint Run as this one is. Because as I've said before I have nothing against VG-10 and have several Spyderco models in my "user arsenal" with that steel. I'm just hoping that SPY-27 has good properties for serrated/Spyderedged blades. Also I think using a new blade steel will help catapult sales as well. It's full steam ahead my friends :cool:
sal

Post by sal »

"Nobody wants to Look the fool. If they knew better, they'd do better.".

sal
Gsg9

Post by Gsg9 »

Evil D wrote:
Fri Dec 11, 2020 7:59 pm
Gsg9 wrote:
Fri Dec 11, 2020 4:46 pm

Yeah, you're definitely not into drama, this asinine post sure proved that. I'm sorry you're so salty that you can't enjoy this like the rest of us, but your verbal diarrhea sure won't stop the kumbaya from continuing.

LOL, speaking of diarrhea with 22000 posts and counting :D
No intention to stop your kumbaya, at the level you're at I don't think it's even possible anymore, so light-up your perfumed sticks and continue :D
Gsg9

Post by Gsg9 »

nerdlock wrote:

Seems you're not allowed to say anything in here that's not along the lines of the communist party mantras, it means that "you can't enjoy this" like the rest and the self-appointed topic guardians jump at your throat defeating the feng shui of this topic :D
The Meat man

Post by The Meat man »

Gsg9 wrote:
Sat Dec 12, 2020 4:57 am
nerdlock wrote:

Seems you're not allowed to say anything in here that's not along the lines of the communist party mantras, it means that "you can't enjoy this" like the rest and the self-appointed topic guardians jump at your throat defeating the feng shui of this topic :D
This thread is supposed to be about an upcoming knife. I don't know if you're being a troll or are just trying a little too hard to be funny, but in either case perhaps you should start a new thread for your unrelated comments, and save this one for discussion of the upcoming Ayoob. That way, we could get the best of both worlds. :rolleyes:
- Connor

"What is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?"
bearrowland

Post by bearrowland »

Right. Sal, with the pandemic, how far back do you think it has pushed the production dates?
Barry

Bonne Journey!

For the word of God is living and powerful, and sharper than any two edged sword

Do what you can, where you are, with what you have! Theodore Roosevelt

MNOSD member 0032
James Y

Post by James Y »

Personally, I’m OK with production dates on the C-60 being pushed back a little, and waiting a little longer, if it means the final product will be better/QC is more consistent. Unlike the new LC200N Pacific Salt 2, which seems to have been a rush job.

Jim
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

The Meat man wrote:
Sat Dec 12, 2020 10:03 am
Gsg9 wrote:
Sat Dec 12, 2020 4:57 am
nerdlock wrote:

This thread is supposed to be about an upcoming knife. I don't know if you're being a troll or are just trying a little too hard to be funny, but in either case perhaps you should start a new thread for your unrelated comments, and save this one for discussion of the upcoming Ayoob. That way, we could get the best of both worlds. :rolleyes:
Thank you MEAT MAN. I've never understood trolls :confused: . This poor soul must be living a horribly boring life to have time to be a fly in the ointment.

I think it's high time one of the moderators take a look at this activity.
bearrowland

Post by bearrowland »

I'm hoping for a slight delay to amass some fundage 😁
Barry

Bonne Journey!

For the word of God is living and powerful, and sharper than any two edged sword

MNOSD member 0032
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

bearrowland wrote:
Sat Dec 12, 2020 3:40 pm
I'm hoping for a slight delay to amass some fundage 😁
I hear you BL :o If I could wait till about the end of Feb to the middle of March I could buy a couple more myself.

But if they drop them on us at the middle of January I'll get the $$$$ somehow. This is just way too good to pass up.

With a newer/better blade steel I'm sure they are going to be selling like tickets for an ACDC concert :eek: But that's cool because I always found a way to get concert money when I needed it too :D
bearrowland

Post by bearrowland »

I agree! Count me in!
Barry

Bonne Journey!

MNOSD member 0032
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

James Y wrote:
Sat Dec 12, 2020 11:35 am
Personally, I’m OK with production dates on the C-60 being pushed back a little, and waiting a little longer, if it means the final product will be better/QC is more consistent. Unlike the new LC200N Pacific Salt 2, which seems to have been a rush job.

Jim
With all things considered Jim I would be pleasantly surprised if we had them available before April 2021. But I sure won't complain if we get them sooner ;)

But I think Evil D is right on keeping cash on hand>> because I truly believe these could go pretty fast at the right time. I've talked to a lot of people over 3 forums ( including this one) that are really excited about the opportunity of getting a C-60 Ayoob model. There are 4 guys I talked to frequently over at Bladeforums that have all been wanting one for several years. But they are like most of us and won't pay those outrageous Ebay prices of $400 to $500 + and in many cases they aren't even new in the factory box ( NIB). This is the day a lot of people in the knife community have been waiting for>> not to mention all the newcomers who have never yet got to try it out. Yep they may just go pretty fast>> so have some Federal Reserve Notes handy on that day :)
sal

Post by sal »

As I've said; proto scales made in the US and shipped to Japan. Hand made sample sent for approval. Once approved, begin tooling. When tooling is complete, production proto to us for approval. Once approved, production begins. One production is complete and approved of, sent to Golden, QC'd, packaged and shipped to dealers.

sal