So what did you cut with spyderco today?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
sarguy

Post by sarguy »

I used my mule to slice a grapefruit, and about 5 min ago I stropped my D4 on a leather belt to bring back an edge sharp enough to cut some arm hair.
"It's like he channels dead crazy people!"-Brock Samson
Officially corrupted by Sequimite
Own:E4W E4W trainer, D4W, D4W trainer, Centofante 4, Swick II, FFG E4 w/ foliage green G-10,Mule Team 5 and 6

Want list: ZDP Stretch, Original and New Yojimbos, Perrin PPT
My wish-existed list: More MBC-esque blades.

Tank

Post by Tank »

Myself :o
-John
Pneumothorax

Post by Pneumothorax »

Well, this isnt just today, but I had a field day this past week or so. We opened up a new office and I had to put together 8 desks, 5 file cabinets, 7 shelf units and 17 chairs from IKEA. As you know they come packaged in CARDBOARD. I got to slice open 80+ cardboard packages including all the plastic baggies of nuts and bolts. Then I got to cut down the empty packaging into manageable sizes. Man that was fun. Gave my UKPK and Endura a great work out!! They looked a mess with the tape adhesive all over the blades and bits of cardboard stuck to them. Cleaned them up but have not yet touched up the edges.
2011: G10 Dragonfly ^ Breeden Rescue ^ Bug ^ Honeybee ^ Centofante 3 ^ Woodcraft Mule ^SFO Visit Buys = Frn Stretch & Native 4 CF!! ^ Salt 1 ^ Burgundy Calypso ZDP-189 ^ Walker Blue Almite ^ Native 5 ^ Squeak ^ Chaparral ^ Urban Olive Green ^ STREET BEAT!!...
2012: Caly Jr (vintage/NIB!), SS Navigator-fave LBK of all time, Jester, Orange Dodo, CS Orange PM2,Techno, Bradley! AIR!!
crawdad62

Post by crawdad62 »

I just got done scoring an orange so I can peel it. I don't have enough fingernail to get it started without the help of a blade. So today I used my new Native.

Oh and BTW this is my first post! :D
Pneumothorax

Post by Pneumothorax »

crawdad62 wrote:I just got done scoring an orange so I can peel it. I don't have enough fingernail to get it started without the help of a blade. So today I used my new Native.

Bet that orange tastes just a bit sweeter since it was touched by the Spyder!
Welcome to the forum.
2011: G10 Dragonfly ^ Breeden Rescue ^ Bug ^ Honeybee ^ Centofante 3 ^ Woodcraft Mule ^SFO Visit Buys = Frn Stretch & Native 4 CF!! ^ Salt 1 ^ Burgundy Calypso ZDP-189 ^ Walker Blue Almite ^ Native 5 ^ Squeak ^ Chaparral ^ Urban Olive Green ^ STREET BEAT!!...
2012: Caly Jr (vintage/NIB!), SS Navigator-fave LBK of all time, Jester, Orange Dodo, CS Orange PM2,Techno, Bradley! AIR!!
tonydahose

Post by tonydahose »

crawdad62 wrote:
welcome :)
WTC #1444 Always Remember
Need info on a particular :spyder:, just click here
My knives
Spydie count: a few:D
crawdad62

Post by crawdad62 »

Hey thank guys. And it was a sweet orange.
defenestrate

Post by defenestrate »

I opened a can of spaghetti-o's with my Scorpius. :D
-
Happy, Happy, Happy! Peel, Peel, Peel!
npueppke

Post by npueppke »

I opened a letter so far. I started ripping it open with my finger but couldn't get it started very well because there was a greeting card inside so there was no room to 'shake' the card to the side and rip the envelope open. Then I thought to myself "dang I'm an idiot" *pulls Sage out of pocket, zips through envelope like it's not there*.
Ridgeback

Post by Ridgeback »

Today i got a package with a dradonfly g10 and a delica g10, out came the tenacious, like zoro it sliced the rapping. I quickly closed the knife and...... yep it bit me :(
The tenacious closes VERY fast. I must try to rememder that :)
vampyrewolf

Post by vampyrewolf »

let's see... lately we're doing basement renos... drywall as it was coming down, couple 14/3 power cables, couple cat-5 cables, boxes and tape

foam, tape, envelopes and food packages here at work...

and waiting for the rewiring in the basement... gonna be RG6, cat-5 and more 14/3 to cut.

giving both my millies a work out.
Coffee before Conciousness
Why do people worry more if you argue with your voices than if you just talk with them? What about if you lose those arguements?
Slowly going crazy at work... they found a way to make the voices work too.
npueppke

Post by npueppke »

I found a unique use for my knife today. I was in line at the grocery store, and saw a type of gum at the check out I had never heard of before called 'fruitstripes'. I don't normally buy the crap at the check out line but I was hoping for something along the lines of that grape flavored stuff that used to come in tins, I forgot what it's called. Anyways, I opened up the pack and the sticks of gum were in there so tight that I literally couldn't get a piece of gum out. So I whipped out my Sage 1 and used the tip to work out a piece of gum to try it.

I also cut some cheese and a kiwi, also with the Sage.
Kambei

Post by Kambei »

with my pacific salt, i harvested several wild mushrooms: chanterelles, matsutake, and oyster mushrooms. earlier in the season, king and queen boletes and coccora. it's a dirty job and i appreciate the ease of maintenance of H1.
O,just,O

Post by O,just,O »

I cut a flap of skin off of my trigger finger today, after it got pinched in a post hole digger. Luck has it that my white Dragonfly just got a shaving sharpening last night, so surgery was quick & clean cut, but with lots of blood.
O.
Mr Blonde

Post by Mr Blonde »

I scraped candle wax out of the 'candle-holders' with my Meerkat, to make room for new candles. It has also opened its share of Xmas cards the past week.

Wouter
My Spyderco Pics & Reviews: www.spydercollector.com
Last website update: 5-30-2024 Instagram
SaturnNyne

Post by SaturnNyne »

Unfortunately, the only cutting I've done so far today was of my finger with a Military that's on loan from a friend. Here's the message I sent him to relay my mishap, which pretty much says it all:
"Rule number 1 of the Military! Do not drop the Military!
Rule number 2 of the Military! If you drop the Military, do not try to catch the Military!
Rule number 3! Stop writing rules before you get blood on the keyboard!
I'll go isopropyl it now."
SaturnNyne

Post by SaturnNyne »

I just cut pizza with my Tasman. Yeah, it was a bit of a trick. ;)
"Nothing makes a knife maker-designer feel better than to see their efforts used." -Ed
~ My knives list ~
~ Knife photos ~
ChrisR

Post by ChrisR »

Sliced up some vegetables last night and today the FRN UKPK sliced open some plastic packets ... not the hardest work for a Spydie but I live a quiet life :D
My spydies: Squeak, Tenacious, Terzuola, D'Allara, UKPK CF peel-ply pre-production, UKPK CF smooth pre-production, UKPK G10 orange leaf-blade, UKPK FRN grey drop-point, UKPK FRN maroon leaf-blade, Bug ... all PE blades :)
FIMS

Post by FIMS »

I cut freezes. Lots of freezes. Who knew there were so many kids on the street.
Oderint Dum Metuant - Let them hate, so long as they fear.

:spyder:'s - I have sincerely now lost count.

http://www.spydiewiki.com/
http://spyderco.com/edge-u-cation/glossary.php
jwingfie

Post by jwingfie »

I installed my home theatre stereo with my persistence.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]