The Upcoming Kiwi4

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

The Deacon wrote:The elegance of the polished and accented G-10 puts it closer to being one than the Kiwi 4, and at least the folks in Taichung had the good taste to minimize the visual impact of the screws by using black ones. However, they're still there and there's also the bright metal wire clip, so it's not totally my idea of a gentleman's knife. Yes, the Kiwi 4's handle is a bit shorter than the Delica 4's due to better use of space but their blades are virtually identical in length. (2.94 with a 2.45 cutting edge for the Kiwi 4 vs 2.90 with a 2.56 cutting edge for the Delica 4) Slightly thinner, .339" vs .345" for the Chaparral even though it has a .5 mm thicker blade. But, as Evil D pointed out, it's not the thickness so much as the narrowness that's responsible for it being lighter. As for thicknesses in general, you might want to bookmark this thread, where many of them can be found.
Do you think we could get some shots of the spine/tip/handle thickness compared to other knifes?
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
gull wing

Post by gull wing »

I think of this Kiwi as a gentleman wearing kaki's ;) , like the Caly, Caly3.5. A gentleman with a little dirt under his nails. :)
SCARAMOUCHE! :bug-red-white
The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

Evil D wrote:Do you think we could get some shots of the spine/tip/handle thickness compared to other knifes?
Sure, assuming they're models I have. Which ones?
Paul
My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Spydiewiki
Deplorable :p
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

The Deacon wrote:Sure, assuming they're models I have. Which ones?
I'm not picky, but if you have a Manix 2, Yojimbo 2, Caly 3, Para 1 or 2, Stretch (duh), Native lightweight, Centofante 3, Southard, or Rock Lobster, those are all models I currently own and would suffice. Easiest for you are probably the Caly or Stretch so I'm fine with those.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David