CF & S90v Manix2 XL and Yojimbo from KW

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Donut

Post by Donut »

Yeah, well, then you can just buy a Yojimbo 1. The reason the Yo 2 isn't FFG is because people complained about the FFG.
-Brian
A distinguished lurker.
Waiting on a Squeak and Pingo with a Split Spring!
Invective

Post by Invective »

Agreed. I must say, I am loving the hollow grind on my Yojimbo2 and a FFG just wouldn't be as good for what I am using it for. Nor would it look as good, imo :p
THE PUNISHER

Post by THE PUNISHER »

ooo i got 2 save up,love the manix.
<--------------------<<<< >>>>-------------------->
GREAT ENERGY ~ AWESOME VIBES
wsdavies

Post by wsdavies »

Good stuff...I'll def. pre-order both!
Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure... than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.
Theodore Roosevelt
Popsickle

Post by Popsickle »

Donut wrote:Yeah, well, then you can just buy a Yojimbo 1. The reason the Yo 2 isn't FFG is because people complained about the FFG.
I don't want the yo 1. I like the yo2
Blerv

Post by Blerv »

I think the Hollow-grind works great for it personally.

1. Defense blade so HG is sufficient.
2. Thicker tip
3. Grind lines are awesome (says the general public) :p

For the people who want it thinner there are folks who could do a number with a grinder.
chuck_roxas45

Post by chuck_roxas45 »

The partially occluded hole is the one slight negative for me about the Yo2.
wsdavies

Post by wsdavies »

I think #2 is the big one. The tip is already very acute with the hollow grind. With FFG I think you'd be seeing a lot of tip breakage...
Blerv wrote:I think the Hollow-grind works great for it personally.

1. Defense blade so HG is sufficient.
2. Thicker tip
3. Grind lines are awesome (says the general public) :p

For the people who want it thinner there are folks who could do a number with a grinder.
Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure... than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.
Theodore Roosevelt
Popsickle

Post by Popsickle »

wsdavies wrote:I think #2 is the big one. The tip is already very acute with the hollow grind. With FFG I think you'd be seeing a lot of tip breakage...
perfect :D

bring on the s90v and CF, ill be pre-ordering 2
Commendatore

Post by Commendatore »

Sad the CF Dodo (I know, sprint by :spyder: , no dealer exclusive) won´t come with S90V but a Yojimbo should be nice too.

Thanks for letting us know.
I hope I´m fast enough just as with the green P2.
bh49

Post by bh49 »

Commendatore wrote:Sad the CF Dodo (I know, sprint by :spyder: , no dealer exclusive) won´t come with S90V but a Yojimbo should be nice too.
I agree with you S90V is making more sense for me on utility knife than of SD. But humans (us) not always follow common sense. Spyderco with CF Dodo, reading our daily complains about expensive knives, probably doesn't want to increase price for knife and keeping S30V. KW from previous experience knows that CF/S90V combination sells like hot pancakes and putting S90V on SD knife.
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"

My top choices Natives5, Calys, C83 Persian
MachSchnell

Post by MachSchnell »

I foresee these selling at $400+ as soon as they hit the market (on the secondary market) :( . Sorry for those that will miss the pre-order of these, and I hope I don't miss it either.

Judging by how fast the 204p-para and m390-millie pre-orders sold out I'm guessing these will be spoken for in maybe a day.
Bill1170

Post by Bill1170 »

Popsickle wrote:i like that this is a dealer exclusive even more..... means several runs are possible ;)
This is what I like about these dealer exclusives. They are more accessible to real users in part because less attractive to those who only seek to profit on the secondary market.
bh49

Post by bh49 »

MachSchnell wrote:I foresee these selling at $400+ as soon as they hit the market (on the secondary market)
Judging by how fast the 204p-para and m390-millie pre-orders sold out I'm guessing these will be spoken for in maybe a day.
May be or may be not. M390 millies sold on the bay for about the same as original price
http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=Spy ... =1&_ipg=50
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"

My top choices Natives5, Calys, C83 Persian
MachSchnell

Post by MachSchnell »

bh49 wrote:May be or may be not. M390 millies sold on the bay for about the same as original price
http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=Spy ... =1&_ipg=50
Yes, but for some reason s90v spyderco's have mass appeal that snag near and sometimes over $400.
http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=Spy ... Complete=1

Heck even some pain Yojimbo 2's have sold at around $200 http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=Spy ... Complete=1

:confused:
Makes me want to buy up the two of each that I can and flip them, be I don't want to become one of them flipper scum :( .
"tis temping though :D
DCDesigns

Post by DCDesigns »

i may forsake the g10 yojimbo and wait for th s90v!
DCDesigns

Post by DCDesigns »

MCM wrote:Finally able to mention these two.
KW will be having a blurb in the "Knifework's Exclusives" section soon on these.
Been keeping the xl secret since Jan.
Might be a while until we can pre-order, but at least I can mention it. :D
At least you can start thinking about it. :spyder:

MCM
Is there a general time of year/ month we can expect the pre order to go live? I dont want to miss it for anything, I want to have $400 squirreled away whenever the time gets close. NEXT SHOULD DEFINATELY BE A SOUTHARD IN S90V and CF!!!
Ferris Wheels

Post by Ferris Wheels »

Can't wait for the pre-order's to go up, I don't plan on missing out like I did on the Green Para2 and I have been wanting to get my hands on a Yojimbo!
Current :spyder: : Para2's Brown, Blue & Orange, Etched Spin, CF Caly3 ZDP189, Gayle Bradley, UKPK Orange G10, Manix2 M4, Sage 1, Caly 3.5 in Super Blue, Urban Orange G10
Donut

Post by Donut »

I find this hard to believe. Both seem like good knives and I would be in for both, but I am not holding my breath.

1. The Yojimbo seems like an odd candidate for S90V and CF.

2. The thread seems open ended, no idea what year the exclusives will happen. It is similar to the Blue M4 Para thread, though the Blue M4 Para thread could have just been bad information.

3. This is possibly the first exclusive that I'm aware of to be done with a collaboration model, albeit the collaborator is currently a Spyderco employee.

4. It isn't on the exclusives page, although I don't think the exclusives page has been touched since it started.
-Brian
A distinguished lurker.
Waiting on a Squeak and Pingo with a Split Spring!
Slash

Post by Slash »

Donut wrote:I find this hard to believe. Both seem like good knives and I would be in for both, but I am not holding my breath.

1. The Yojimbo seems like an odd candidate for S90V and CF.

2. The thread seems open ended, no idea what year the exclusives will happen. It is similar to the Blue M4 Para thread, though the Blue M4 Para thread could have just been bad information.

3. This is possibly the first exclusive that I'm aware of to be done with a collaboration model, albeit the collaborator is currently a Spyderco employee.

4. It isn't on the exclusives page, although I don't think the exclusives page has been touched since it started.
Not odd at all. Knife dealer sees popular knife and thinks how much they can make off it selling it to all the fan boys that can't resist cf and s90v. Did I say I'll be getting at least 1.