S110V Paramilitary 2 has dropped!!!

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
swigert

Re: S110V Paramilitary 2 has dropped!!!

Post by swigert »

No rush for me. Not a sprint.
TheArchitect

Post by TheArchitect »

Just got the new para2 S110V in the mail. This is absolutely butter smooth. Amazing Fit and Finish. I would classify the color as denim blue (I think this was an excellent color choice for the American made line of Spyderco) It just oozes American quality and craftsmanship and I think the color just adds to that. There is definitely a translucency to the G10 albeit not very noticeable in hand unless held up to light. Overall I think it’s a home run!
25 :spyder:'s and counting
Liquid Cobra

Post by Liquid Cobra »

TheArchitect wrote:Image
Just got the new para2 S110V in the mail. This is absolutely butter smooth. Amazing Fit and Finish. I would classify the color as denim blue (I think this was an excellent color choice for the American made line of Spyderco) It just oozes American quality and craftsmanship and I think the color just adds to that. There is definitely a translucency to the G10 albeit not very noticeable in hand unless held up to light. Overall I think it’s a home run!
Look like you can remove the S110V PM2 from your wish list. Congrats. I was hoping to pick mine up today but it will be tomorrow.
Most recently acquired: Military 2, Paramilitary 2 Tanto x2, YoJUMBO, Swayback, Siren, DLC Yojimbo 2, Native Chief, Shaman S90V, Para 3 LW, Ikuchi, UKPK, Smock, SUBVERT, Amalgam, Para 3 CTS-XHP, Kapara, Paramilitary 2 M390
Grail Paramilitary 2 M390 X 2! ACHIEVED!!

For more of my pictures see my Instagram account.
@liquid_cobra
farnorthdan

Post by farnorthdan »

Just noticed one I've been watching on the bay is over $300 now :eek: Wow maybe I need to put mine up :rolleyes:
Happy to be part of this great forum and group of down to earth spyderco addicts, Thanks Sal and gang.
My Grails: Lum Tanto folder sprint, Sprint Persian(red), Captain, Manix 2 (M4), SB MT, PM2 M390, CF dodo, Manix2 (CF S90V),Manix2 XL S90V, Zowada CF Balance Rassenti Nivarna, Lil' Nilakka, Tuff, Police 4, Chinook 4, Caly HAP40 52100 Military, S110V Military, Any/All PM2 & Military sprints/exclusives I can get my grubby hands on :) :spyder: :) :spyder: :)

"We may look curious, homely, whatever, but we'll never be called unusable or undependable."
farnorthdan

Post by farnorthdan »

Looks like sooner state has then in stock right now guys
Happy to be part of this great forum and group of down to earth spyderco addicts, Thanks Sal and gang.
My Grails: Lum Tanto folder sprint, Sprint Persian(red), Captain, Manix 2 (M4), SB MT, PM2 M390, CF dodo, Manix2 (CF S90V),Manix2 XL S90V, Zowada CF Balance Rassenti Nivarna, Lil' Nilakka, Tuff, Police 4, Chinook 4, Caly HAP40 52100 Military, S110V Military, Any/All PM2 & Military sprints/exclusives I can get my grubby hands on :) :spyder: :) :spyder: :)

"We may look curious, homely, whatever, but we'll never be called unusable or undependable."
GoldenSpydie

Post by GoldenSpydie »

I was interested in seeing how many SSK has, but apparently the quantity trick doesn't work in Paypal shopping cart. They let me add $158 billion worth of PM2s into my basket! :eek: Anyway, I'll wait for a better deal than SSK because I think that these will stabilize around $135.
farnorthdan

Post by farnorthdan »

GoldenSpydie wrote:I was interested in seeing how many SSK has, but apparently the quantity trick doesn't work in Paypal shopping cart. They let me add $158 billion worth of PM2s into my basket! :eek: Anyway, I'll wait for a better deal than SSK because I think that these will stabilize around $135.
Yea sooner state runs a little high on their knifes, I'm actually kinda surprised they got some so soon. I thint CS has had the lowest price so far, what's the lowest seen so far? I'd like to pick up another to mod.

Johnnie1801

Post by Johnnie1801 »

Are the s110v blades ground thinner than the standard s30v blades? A comparison shot between the s110v pm2, s30v pm2 and lw manix s110v wouold be much appreciated if someone has the time :)
Currently enjoying Spyderco's in - S30V, VG10, Super Blue, Cruwear x4, CTS XHP, S110V x2, M4 x3, S35VN, CTS 204P x2, S90V, HAP 40, K390, RWL34, MAXAMET, ZDP 189, REX 45

Jon
SteelSpyder

Post by SteelSpyder »

Johnnie1801 wrote:Are the s110v blades ground thinner than the standard s30v blades? A comparison shot between the s110v pm2, s30v pm2 and lw manix s110v wouold be much appreciated if someone has the time :)
This could be anecdotal as I only have one example. However my S110V paramilitary 2 is ground at about .018" thick behind the edge. My S35VN and CTS-XHP are both at, or a touch above .020" thick.

This could just be production variances in who was grinding them. Or they could actually be grinding them a bit thinner now.
TheArchitect

Post by TheArchitect »

Liquid Cobra wrote:
TheArchitect wrote:Image
Look like you can remove the S110V PM2 from your wish list. Congrats. I was hoping to pick mine up today but it will be tomorrow.

Yeah. Only to be added with another one or maybe 2 or 3 or.................
25 :spyder:'s and counting
twinboysdad

Post by twinboysdad »

My b&m has 8 listed for $159. Holler if you want a contact name and number
On Edge

Post by On Edge »

My CS provided tracking number says 'out for delivery' today!

That was way quicker than I expected … guess I get a new toy today!

:)
Liquid Cobra

Post by Liquid Cobra »

Finally got mine! Okay okay, its actually really nice. Everything I've read online is true. Its a bit translucent, its a bit purple, its a bit dark blue (in the right light), its got nice texture to it, its got an S110V blade. I'm very happy. Although it is "just" another Para 2, it feels like a new model. I think this is one of those don't judge a book (or knife) by its cover. I'm a very happy customer today. Thanks Spyderco crew!

Oh yeah, I picked up my Spyderco 2015 coins today as well. They are pretty darn cool! I hope this keeps going year after year. I would love to keep adding to the collection of coins. One of these is for me, the other for a buddy at work.
Most recently acquired: Military 2, Paramilitary 2 Tanto x2, YoJUMBO, Swayback, Siren, DLC Yojimbo 2, Native Chief, Shaman S90V, Para 3 LW, Ikuchi, UKPK, Smock, SUBVERT, Amalgam, Para 3 CTS-XHP, Kapara, Paramilitary 2 M390

@liquid_cobra
palonej

Post by palonej »

Excellent pics Cobra!!!
Looks awesome!
Enjoy!
farnorthdan

Post by farnorthdan »

Forgot to post up here

gbelleh

Post by gbelleh »

The mailman just dropped this off...

I like the color. It's mostly dark blue, with a hint of purple.

The translucency is interesting. Something a bit different. Fit & finish are as good as I've ever seen on a Para 2. I like it!

:bug-red-white
On Edge

Post by On Edge »

Mine arrived today as well …

Color - I like it, a lot - best way I can describe it is "Indigo", a medium to deep blue with a purple cast … the first picture posted by farnorthdan is exactly how mine looks.
Translucence - It's evasive … you can see slight differences in the depth of color, but in anything but the brightest light, it's hardly noticeable.
Execution - one of the smoothest PM2s I have owned; buttery, dead-nuts centered, locks solid … blade does not fall with gravity, but ask me after its broken in …
I'm going to add a deep carry clip, leave the rest as-is, and carry this one. I may buy another when they are more readily available and put some custom scales on it …
All in all, very happy with this addition. Sweet knife!

~ edge
Liquid Cobra

Post by Liquid Cobra »

I have to agree, the fit and finish is probably the best I've ever seen on a para 2. Mine arrived nice and sharp, but not exactly where I wanted it to be. I threw it on the sharp maker just now and I'm happy to report 10 minutes later it's hair popping and phone book paper slicing sharp! It was my first experience sharpening S110V. I was surprised how quick it was.

@liquid_cobra
HarleyXJGuy

Post by HarleyXJGuy »

You guys are not making it easy to be patient.

Wish I had a b&m with Spydies near me. Would be bad for my wallet I bet.
On my radar: 110V Military, Police 4 and some sweet Rex 45 Military action.

Newest Spydies: S90v Ti Military, Pacific Salt and a special Kiwi.
bdblue

Post by bdblue »

farnorthdan wrote:Yea sooner state runs a little high on their knifes, I'm actually kinda surprised they got some so soon.
He's a little higher than some, he's not a high volume operation like KW. I've seen Kenny at knife shows for many years, and he wasn't that much higher, so I'm happy to support him especially if I can get a new model quicker.