Manix2 Backlock!

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
DougC-3

Re: Manix2 Backlock!ba

Post by DougC-3 »

I already favored the Manix pretty highly over the PM2, and I like the smooth, free-swinging action of the CBBL best, but I also like backlocks and compression locks. I confess that I decided to buy the KW CF Cruwear M2 exclusive first, before buying the Back Lock M2 -- the exclusive might sell out after all, and this one will be around a long time. I'm crazy about the exclusive -- it's as precision made and smooth operating as any Spydie I've ever had. I am thinking about grinding down the the liner jimping a bit though.
K-390 on hand: Mule Team 17, Police 4 G-10, Endela (burlap micarta), Endela backup, Endura (canvas micarta), Straight Stretch (now blade-swapped with G-10 Stretch), Delica Wharncliffe, Dragonfly Wharncliffe, & Dragonfly Wharncliffe shorty mod
Note to self: Less is more.
Reject

Re: Manix2 Backlock!

Post by Reject »

The 3 generations.

How much can a Koala bear?
DougC-3

Post by DougC-3 »

Very nice comparison shots, Reject. No liner jimping on the original, and macho looking screw heads and clip. Also I never realized it was a little stockier in build.
K-390 on hand: Mule Team 17, Police 4 G-10, Endela (burlap micarta), Endela backup, Endura (canvas micarta), Straight Stretch (now blade-swapped with G-10 Stretch), Delica Wharncliffe, Dragonfly Wharncliffe, & Dragonfly Wharncliffe shorty mod
Note to self: Less is more.
Jazz

Post by Jazz »

anagarika wrote: You are indeed bad influence. I haven't gotten around getting the Jazzlica and now this temptation :p
You really need BOTH. The wharnie is also top notch, but that's another whole story. They both compliment each other. Different size range, one front, and one back pocket, different blade shapes. Dynamic duo.
- best wishes, Jazz.
Doc Dan
Location: In a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity.

Post by Doc Dan »

I am currently pairing the M2BL with its little brother, the CF Chaparral. This makes a good match.
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

Follow the Christ, the King,
Live pure, speak true, right wrong, follow the King--
Else, wherefore born?" (Tennyson)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
anagarika

Post by anagarika »

Doc, Jazz,

You are really not making it easy .. I have a blurple and like the ergos. I can imagine a backlock will be even better.
My fund is currently depleted, and Amazon price for Jazzlica is ridiculous.
Chris :spyder:
Doc Dan

Post by Doc Dan »

Well, the good news is that this is a regular production knife. You still have time.
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
anagarika

Post by anagarika »

Doc Dan wrote:Well, the good news is that this is a regular production knife. You still have time.
True. Can I ask where do you get yours, if not mistaken you don't live in US?
Doc Dan

Post by Doc Dan »

I get mine from knifeworks.com. They are easy to deal with and I have had zero issues (and I buy a lot of knives).

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
Jazz

Post by Jazz »

anagarika wrote:
Doc Dan wrote:Well, the good news is that this is a regular production knife. You still have time.
Where do you live? If in Canada or US, www.warriorsandwonders.com has them.
- best wishes, Jazz.
anagarika

Post by anagarika »

Jazz wrote:
anagarika wrote:
Where do you live? If in Canada or US, http://www.warriorsandwonders.com has them.
Hey Jazz,
In South East Asia. The reason I usually get them through Amazon (and taking risk of getting fake) is that there's third party intermediary that can buy on behalf and ship it over with lower shipping cost than USPS 1st Class 25$.

My last deal on BF Exchange had the PacSalt missing at USPS sorting facility. Still hasn't appear after 6.5 months.
Doc Dan

Post by Doc Dan »

anagarika wrote:
Jazz wrote:
anagarika wrote:
Where do you live? If in Canada or US, http://www.warriorsandwonders.com has them.
Hey Jazz,
In South East Asia. The reason I usually get them through Amazon (and taking risk of getting fake) is that there's third party intermediary that can buy on behalf and ship it over with lower shipping cost than USPS 1st Class 25$.

My last deal on BF Exchange had the PacSalt missing at USPS sorting facility. Still hasn't appear after 6.5 months.
knifeworks.com costs about $21 to ship to SEA and it gets there in a week to 10 days or so. Plus, you will not get a fake, nor a returned defective knife, nor one that was replaced with a fake and returned. You will get the best they have.

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
anagarika

Post by anagarika »

Doc Dan wrote:
anagarika wrote:
Jazz wrote:
anagarika wrote:
Hey Jazz,

knifeworks.com costs about $21 to ship to SEA and it gets there in a week to 10 days or so. Plus, you will not get a fake, nor a returned defective knife, nor one that was replaced with a fake and returned. You will get the best they have.
Thanks! Will keep this in mind.
Popsickle

Post by Popsickle »

Doc Dan wrote:This knife has really taken the desire for many models out of my mind. I like this knife better than my PM2, for example. I will probably never buy another PM2, but I will definitely buy new iterations of the M2BL.

I just fondled my old pm2 and it feels down right dainty compared to the manix 2 back lock. I badly want an XL version
Doc Dan

Post by Doc Dan »

XL! Yes!

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
Jazz

Post by Jazz »

No XL for me. I don't like the one I have. Way to much knife in the pocket, and I don't see the use of such a big blade.
- best wishes, Jazz.
ZrowsN1s

Post by ZrowsN1s »

I love the look of the linerless g-10 with the back-lock. I hope to see this on other designs new and old in the future.
-Matt a.k.a. Lo_Que, loadedquestions135 I ❤ The P'KAL :bug-red

"The world of edges has a small doorway in, but opens into a cavern that is both wide and deep." -sal
"Ghost hunters scope the edge." -sal
BDNX

Post by BDNX »

I seriously love this one....hope to try one out soon!
dreadpirate

Post by dreadpirate »

Evil D wrote:
Liquid Cobra wrote:The thing that excites me most about this knife is the linerless G10. The thing I can't decide on is whether or not I like the lock back idea versus the CBBL. We know it's possible for Spyderco to produce a linerless BBL/CBBL because they did just that with the Dodo.

I guess either way I'm happy.

I'm in the exact same boat. I couldn't be more excited for the lack of liners but the lock is kind of a let down.
Looks like I am really not the only one that feels that way. I think you can consider the lock back version a totally different knife. Just like the Shaman is not a Native 5, in my opinion, the lock back is to me not really a Manix 2. Maybe a retro Manix, and that's ok. Not a Manix 2. FWIW.
blujaydad

Post by blujaydad »

I loved the old style Large Manix and like the look of this new version but never liked the Manix 2 ( I have owned 3) make this in XL and I will buy one in every steel you use!