SNK Manix 2 LW is coming!!!

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Sharp Guy

Re: SNK Manix 2 LW is coming!!!

Post by Sharp Guy »

olditguy wrote:
Thu Dec 21, 2023 4:15 pm
olditguy wrote:
Thu Dec 21, 2023 3:47 pm
Sharp Guy wrote:
Thu Dec 21, 2023 2:41 pm
olditguy wrote:
Thu Dec 21, 2023 1:25 pm
Just arrived in Arlington, TX. Of course I am at work. 😝
Mine arrived in Flower Mound, TX. Fortunately I work from home :winking-tongue

BTW, it's great as expected!
I was supposed to working from home today also. Now my wife got the mail. Oh well.
She didn't get the mail! :winking-tongue And it's perfect! :smlling-eyes
Haha!! Thanks for the laugh!!!

I have to say I haven't had a bad experience with a Manix 2 LW yet. This is my 5th or 6th one and they're all great. This SNK exclusive is no exception. Looking it over I can't find anything to nit pick about
Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!
NDWoods

Post by NDWoods »

Add another Arlington TX arrival today. The Manix 2 Lightweight is my favorite EDC of all time.
Mrj

Post by Mrj »

Still waiting for mine. The color looks faded or more maroon like the para 3 LW. Not as red as g10 but I guess that’s to be expected. So it’s a go, to dye the white scales red if you like it more red.
MRj “Weak things break!”
Sharp Guy

Post by Sharp Guy »

Mrj wrote:
Thu Dec 21, 2023 7:02 pm
Still waiting for mine. The color looks faded or more maroon like the para 3 LW. Not as red as g10 but I guess that’s to be expected. So it’s a go, to dye the white scales red if you like it more red.
If you're referring to the SNK M2LW, it's not as faded looking like the SNK Para 3 LW or DLT M390 Para 3 LW. It's closer to the SNK Native LW which is brighter but still has a purple-ish tint to it. It still disappoints me that they won't use Spyderco Red in any of there models due to the trainer thing. Is what it is I guess
Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!
mikey177

Post by mikey177 »

UPS Tracking on my order still says "Label created" and hasn't changed since Dec. 15.

I hope I'll get it after Christmas.
Mrj

Post by Mrj »

Sharp Guy wrote:
Thu Dec 21, 2023 8:08 pm
Mrj wrote:
Thu Dec 21, 2023 7:02 pm
If you're referring to the SNK M2LW, it's not as faded looking like the SNK Para 3 LW or DLT M390 Para 3 LW. It's closer to the SNK Native LW which is brighter but still has a purple-ish tint to it. It still disappoints me that they won't use Spyderco Red in any of there models due to the trainer thing. Is what it is I guess
Yes that’s what I meant. I agree. I love the red and black look.
MRj “Weak things break!”
Bolster

Post by Bolster »

Here in Califor-nee-ay, delivery expected Sat. 23...except the office is not open 23, 24, or 25...so 26th at best!
Steel novice who self-identifies as a steel expert. Proud M.N.O.S.D. member 0003. Spydie Steels: 4V, 15V, 20CV, AEB-L, AUS6, Cru-Wear, HAP40, K294, K390, M4, Magnacut, S110V, S30V, S35VN, S45VN, SPY27, SRS13, T15, VG10, XHP, ZWear, ZDP189
Wartstein

Post by Wartstein »

vivi wrote:
Thu Dec 21, 2023 3:57 pm
Surprised. Holding them side by side I noticed differences I didn't before, as I sold my first run mini manix 2 before my first full sized manix 2 arrived. Like the thumb ramp on the mini is at a more shallow angle more like the old c95.

I thought I'd get it in my hand and decide I didn't want it after all, but right now we're sitting at a maybe.

Curious for more of particularly your impressions, regarding the Manix 2 as a platform - there are some things about size and ergos I always wonder about:

1.) From all I can see the XL and the Manix 2 have pretty much the same actual grip area (the plus in handle length on the XL seems to be taken mainly by that "rear hook") - so the XL perhaps is not a really larger version when it comes to grip area?
Now that you can compare the two directly: Is this so?

2.) For my L to XL hand the Manix 2 is a perfect, but tight fit. Grip area should not be any shorter.
Now I know that folks with appearantly bigger hands than mine (Doc Dan...) still find the Manix 2 to be good in hand WITHOUT using the choil - same for you? And if, how can this be?

3.) Feeling how sturdy and rigid that FRCP Manix is: Do you also wish for a lighter Manix XL constructed in the same way as the Manix 2 LW? The G10 XL is roughly 20 % heavier than the (skeletonized) G10 Manix 2 - extrapolating from that, an FRCP Manix XL could come in at around 100 grams (a bit more than 3.5 oz) which would be amazing.
Top three going by pocket-time (update March 24):
- EDC: Endura thin red line ffg combo edge (VG10); Wayne Goddard PE (4V), Endela SE (VG10)
-Mountains/outdoors: Pac.Salt 1 SE (H1), Salt 2 SE (LC200N), and also Wayne Goddard PE (4V)
Wartstein

Post by Wartstein »

Glad for all of you guys who got one!! :smiling-cheeks

Though of course I am also a bit envious :angry-face ... ;)

Just kidding, I really try to keep my array of Spydies slim and am actually a bit "proud of me" that I could refrain and be content with my great REX 45 LW at this point (there is a translucent blue BD1N version with screw construcion in my future, of that I am pretty sure - or ANY SE version that finally might come...)

Still: This 4V LW is really,really cool!! :cheap-sunglasses
Top three going by pocket-time (update March 24):
- EDC: Endura thin red line ffg combo edge (VG10); Wayne Goddard PE (4V), Endela SE (VG10)
-Mountains/outdoors: Pac.Salt 1 SE (H1), Salt 2 SE (LC200N), and also Wayne Goddard PE (4V)
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

Image MG2
MNOSD 0002 / Do more than is required of you . Patton
Nothing makes earth so spacious as to have friends at a distance; they make the latitudes and longitudes.
Henry David Thoreau
vivi

Post by vivi »

Wartstein wrote:
Fri Dec 22, 2023 12:15 am
vivi wrote:
Thu Dec 21, 2023 3:57 pm
Surprised. Holding them side by side I noticed differences I didn't before, as I sold my first run mini manix 2 before my first full sized manix 2 arrived. Like the thumb ramp on the mini is at a more shallow angle more like the old c95.

I thought I'd get it in my hand and decide I didn't want it after all, but right now we're sitting at a maybe.

Curious for more of particularly your impressions, regarding the Manix 2 as a platform - there are some things about size and ergos I always wonder about:

1.) From all I can see the XL and the Manix 2 have pretty much the same actual grip area (the plus in handle length on the XL seems to be taken mainly by that "rear hook") - so the XL perhaps is not a really larger version when it comes to grip area?
Now that you can compare the two directly: Is this so?

2.) For my L to XL hand the Manix 2 is a perfect, but tight fit. Grip area should not be any shorter.
Now I know that folks with appearantly bigger hands than mine (Doc Dan...) still find the Manix 2 to be good in hand WITHOUT using the choil - same for you? And if, how can this be?

3.) Feeling how sturdy and rigid that FRCP Manix is: Do you also wish for a lighter Manix XL constructed in the same way as the Manix 2 LW? The G10 XL is roughly 20 % heavier than the (skeletonized) G10 Manix 2 - extrapolating from that, an FRCP Manix XL could come in at around 100 grams (a bit more than 3.5 oz) which would be amazing.
#1 - 100%, without a doubt, this is not the case. The Manix XL has more grip room than the Manix 2. The videos in my other thread, well I thought they made that clear, but seeing the follow up replies I guess not. It isn't a big difference, maybe 2-5mm, but holding them side by side there is zero question in my mind the grip area is larger on the bigger version.

#2 To be clear the Manix 2 doesn't feel bad in my grip by any means. But it does feel undersized. I could certai ly use it and complete any typical pocket knife task with it. But it would be less comfortable for me, especially in harder use. I loved the Siren but the handle felt just a bit small for my grip too, so I've come to prefer the Pacific Salt's more spacious handle.

#3 My main interest in a Manix XL LW is seeing a salt version of it.
:unicorn
Bolster

Post by Bolster »

Manixguy@1994 wrote:
Fri Dec 22, 2023 11:18 am
Image MG2

You guys are killing me. Earliest mine *might* be available is December 27; that's when the office reopens. Dang, this means I'll have to sort through dozens of other Spydercos in the sock drawer to find one capable of opening Christmas presents. But nothing opens presents like 4V, everybody knows that. Merry Christmas for you folks who got your 4V Manix in time!
Steel novice who self-identifies as a steel expert. Proud M.N.O.S.D. member 0003. Spydie Steels: 4V, 15V, 20CV, AEB-L, AUS6, Cru-Wear, HAP40, K294, K390, M4, Magnacut, S110V, S30V, S35VN, S45VN, SPY27, SRS13, T15, VG10, XHP, ZWear, ZDP189
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

Bolster wrote:
Fri Dec 22, 2023 1:05 pm
Manixguy@1994 wrote:
Fri Dec 22, 2023 11:18 am
Image MG2

You guys are killing me. Earliest mine *might* be available is December 27; that's when the office reopens. Dang, this means I'll have to sort through dozens of other Spydercos in the sock drawer to find one capable of opening Christmas presents. But nothing opens presents like 4V, everybody knows that. Merry Christmas for you folks who got your 4V Manix in time!
Don’t feel bad PStone’s order was routed the same and mine came in and his order is still pending at a hub in Northern Illinois . We live less than 30 miles from each other . Maybe Saturday for him , hope so . Dan
MNOSD 0002 / Do more than is required of you . Patton
Nothing makes earth so spacious as to have friends at a distance; they make the latitudes and longitudes.
Henry David Thoreau
Mrj

Post by Mrj »

That’s the snail mail at Christmas time. At least the day after you’ll get a present!
MRj “Weak things break!”
R100

Post by R100 »

Wartstein wrote:
Fri Dec 22, 2023 12:15 am

Now that you can compare the two directly: Is this so
This is puzzling to me also Wartstein. I have a Manix XL and find the grip a bit more cramped than the Manix 2. It's something that bothers me about it.

I love both the M2LW platform and 4V so I am eagerly awaiting this one. 2nd January expected for me apparently.

Dan
Sig Savvy

Post by Sig Savvy »

mnx2.jpg
She's a beaut, Clark! Really digging this addition to the Manix family. :bug-red-white
NovaBlade

Post by NovaBlade »

Goddard
Manix 2 LW
Manix 2 XL
Guts

Post by Guts »

Finally got mine today. Aready put my own edge on it since the factory bevel was pretty uneven. It's just stupid sharp. Love 4V. Really need to track down a St. Nick's PM2 for the collection.

Venev F100 through F1200, Gunny Juice 3um, 1um, and 0.25um.
:bug-red-white :bug-red :bug-white-red
Bolster

Post by Bolster »

Guts wrote:
Sat Dec 23, 2023 3:30 pm
Finally got mine today. Aready put my own edge on it since the factory bevel was pretty uneven.

And it looks outstanding! Good job Guts. YES I will let you sharpen my 4V Manix if/when it ever arrives.
brancron

Post by brancron »

Just got mine yesterday! I’m always impressed by the quality of the Manix 2 LW. Light as a feather but totally solid lockup, smooth, centered, snappy action, just so crisp and clean, not to mention the near-perfect design and great steel.