Where are the Yojimbo 2s?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
austinguy23

Post by austinguy23 »

Perhaps they're working out the issue with the overly-stiff lock...
cevtv

Post by cevtv »

austinguy23 wrote:Perhaps they're working out the issue with the overly-stiff lock...
What issue? Both of mine have been perfect since I got them in November. There is no "issue"......
DoctaD

Post by DoctaD »

Hey Sal,
It's mid April and no sign of the Yo2. Any updates for us?
rg02

Post by rg02 »

austinguy23 wrote:Perhaps they're working out the issue with the overly-stiff lock...
My lock is perfectly smooth and has been since I got it late December. It's a compression lock, so if there is an issue with a stiff lock, you can add some graphite or loosen the screws and rotate the stop pin like you can on the PM2's
-Ryan

-Techno, cruwear Mule, Dragonfly 2 FRN, Assist, Endura FRN ATS-55 SE, Endura SS aus-6 PE, Persistence(Wife's)
-Wicked Edge
sal

Post by sal »

Hi RatDrall, DoctaD,

Welcome to the Spyderco forum.

When we intro a new model, we try to make a "good" amount. Enough to get them into the marketplace and see reaction, but not so many that if there's an unexpected glitch, we're not throwing away a lot of parts. We also plan the quantity based on at what rate we think they will be desired. The only "issue" was that the demand was greater than expected. We've got more in the production line and they should be shipping in May. Then we'll try to keep up with demand.

sal
SpyderNut

Post by SpyderNut »

sal wrote:...Enough to get them into the marketplace and see reaction, but not so many that if there's an unexpected glitch, we're not throwing away a lot of parts... sal
Sal,
Please don't throw away any Yo II parts! I will gladly give them a home. :p (JK, of course ;) )
:spyder: -Michael

"...as I said before, 'the edge is a wondrous thing', [but] in all of it's qualities, it is still a ghost." - sal
DoctaD

Post by DoctaD »

Sal,
Thank you for the reply. I really appreciate it, and I understand the business reasons.It's just that I missed out on the first Yojimbo, then missed the first release of the Yo2 and now have had one on Pre-Order since January. Looking forward to getting one in my hands. :-)
Wolverine666

Post by Wolverine666 »

That's great that the Yojimbo2's will be shipping next month. I can't wait to get it.
RatDralX

Post by RatDralX »

sal wrote:Hi RatDrall, DoctaD,

When we intro a new model, we try to make a "good" amount. Enough to get them into the marketplace and see reaction, but not so many that if there's an unexpected glitch, we're not throwing away a lot of parts. We also plan the quantity based on at what rate we think they will be desired. The only "issue" was that the demand was greater than expected. We've got more in the production line and they should be shipping in May. Then we'll try to keep up with demand.

sal
Thank you so much for the response, can't wait to get one (at least).
enduraguy

Post by enduraguy »

Beautiful and likely one of the big reasons Spyderco is staying in business "Even in this economy". Gawd I'm so sick of that phrase.
BAL

Post by BAL »

I know that it is only a rumor, but I have heard that DB Cooper has a butt-load
hidden in the attic of a log cabin in the Washinton \ Oregon back woods.
Apparently he is letting things cool down before he flips them all and then
disappears again.
G-Solutions

Post by G-Solutions »

sal wrote:Hi RatDrall, DoctaD,

sal

That's good news... I'm still waiting for the Christmas present that my wife ordered early December...
Uli Gebhard
www.gebhardsolutions.com

MBC Study Group Leader Southern CA

Even if you're on the right track - you get run over if you just sit there (Will Rogers)
RatDralX

Post by RatDralX »

May 10, anyone seen any Yojimbos for sale?
PARATOM

Post by PARATOM »

Bump for an update...

I have been on a spydie diet for this knife and im getting really hungry!!!!!!!
Does anyone have any info???
[LEFT]Para 2 digi cam/DLC | Tenacious PE | Sage 1 | Delica 4 FFG | Manix 2 | Dragonfly 2 H1 | Yojimbo 2 | SmallFly digi cam R | Citadel DLC R[/LEFT]
There are two kinds of people in this world, you're either somebody or nobody...
gbelleh

Post by gbelleh »

Any news on this?

Next week, my Yojimbo 2 will have been on pre-order for 6 months. By far the longest I've ever had to wait for a Spyderco that's "in production".
:bug-red-white
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

I gotta say i'm so glad i didn't preorder this one. I'd be really upset. Instead i bought my first Para 2 back then and i'm glad i did, but my next purchase is going to be a Yo 2.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
PARATOM

Post by PARATOM »

I wish we could just get a reason for the delay...

I want this one so bad!!
[LEFT]Para 2 digi cam/DLC | Tenacious PE | Sage 1 | Delica 4 FFG | Manix 2 | Dragonfly 2 H1 | Yojimbo 2 | SmallFly digi cam R | Citadel DLC R[/LEFT]
There are two kinds of people in this world, you're either somebody or nobody...
austinguy23

Post by austinguy23 »

I'm surprised they're not chiming in.
captnvegtble

Post by captnvegtble »

austinguy23 wrote:I'm surprised they're not chiming in.
I'm not sure what else they have to say. Sal already mentioned in another thread that they underestimated demand for the Yojimbo and their CO plant is already at full capacity so there are delays in producing more. I certainly don't think they're hiding any information from us.
austinguy23

Post by austinguy23 »

We already know they underestimated demand and that they are at full capacity. That isn't what is being asked. Everyone simply wants to know when the Yo 2s will be released since the anticipated release date has already slipped at least once.