Police 4 K390 SE Testing Log

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
JoviAl

Re: Police 4 K390 SE Testing Log

Post by JoviAl »

vivi wrote:
Tue Nov 21, 2023 3:23 pm
That's one reason why I say my words are not meant as a criticism. They build them how they do and I'm sure they have their reasons. It doesn't bother me at all during use, but I do note that it's there.
Thanks for getting back to me on that 👍🏻

I don’t own that many back lock knives so I was just asking out of curiosity. It’s not stopped me buying more of them (a Tasman Salt arrived yesterday) as they’re hardly falling to bits and the benefits (staying closed, simplicity of use, etc) outweigh there being a little bit of vertical play for me.

I’ve owned a couple of Cold Steel knives with Triad locks and while the lock itself was great, I was somewhat less thrilled with the rest of the package - I had a clip and scales fall off due to shredded screw threads (overtightened from factory) and the replacement came with a warped blade. Both had to be sent back 🤷🏼‍♂️ Shame as I liked the design (4 inch S35VN Tanto).

I have a real hankering to try a Spyderco Power lock, but functionally I don’t find a bit of blade play causes me the slightest bit of inconvenience in use.
- Al

Work: Jumpmaster 2

Home: DF2 K390 Wharncliffe/DF2 Salt H1 SE and K390 Police 4 LW SE/15V Shaman

Dream knives -
Chinook in Magnacut (any era)
Manix 2 XL Salt in Magnacut
A larger Rockjumper in Magnacut SE
RamZar

Re: Police 4 K390 SE Testing Log

Post by RamZar »

BFD SALE: Police4 Lightweight K390 SpyderEdge Blue FRN C07FS4K390: $105.42 shipped! 58% off MSRP!

https://www.knivesshipfree.com/spyderco ... 07fs4k390/

• I welcome dialog, as long as it remains cordial, constructive and is conducted in a civilized manner. - Titanic: Blood & Steel
  • You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you cannot fool all of the people all of the time. - Abraham Lincoln