Lil' LionSpy

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
GoldenSpydie

Re: Lil' LionSpy

Post by GoldenSpydie »

DRH wrote:Here's the newly arrived Lil' LionSpy with his big brother!

Nice! Mine should be in tomorrow.
RamZar

Post by RamZar »

My Lil LionSpy should be in on Friday. It's finally on the Spyderco New Products page but the MSRP of $209.95 is incorrect! It should say $419.95.

• I welcome dialog, as long as it remains cordial, constructive and is conducted in a civilized manner. - Titanic: Blood & Steel
  • You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you cannot fool all of the people all of the time. - Abraham Lincoln
Donut

Post by Donut »

Wow, you can get it cheaper from the SFO than you can from many dealers.
-Brian
A distinguished lurker.
Waiting on a Squeak and Pingo with a Split Spring!
GoldenSpydie

Post by GoldenSpydie »

Coupled with a "new customer" 25% off, I could get a Lil' Lionspy for $158! :eek: Do I need a backup? Someone convince me!
jabba359

Post by jabba359 »

GoldenSpydie wrote:Coupled with a "new customer" 25% off, I could get a Lil' Lionspy for $158! :eek: Do I need a backup? Someone convince me!
Where from? I'd buy that in a second!
-Kyle

:bug-red
Latest arrivals: Lava Flow CF DLC Para2, Magnacut Mule, GITD Jester

http://www.spydiewiki.com
GoldenSpydie

Post by GoldenSpydie »

jabba359 wrote:
GoldenSpydie wrote:Coupled with a "new customer" 25% off, I could get a Lil' Lionspy for $158! :eek: Do I need a backup? Someone convince me!
The Spyderco website. They have it listed as an MSRP of ~$210, and registering for an account gets you a code for 25% off of an order, which makes the price ~$158.
jabba359

Post by jabba359 »

GoldenSpydie wrote:
jabba359 wrote:
The Spyderco website. They have it listed as an MSRP of ~$210, and registering for an account gets you a code for 25% off of an order, which makes the price ~$158.
I'll have to pass after all. I wouldn't feel good about taking advantage of -what appears to be- a major pricing error and pretending to be a new customer. It would take the fun out of owning the knife, as I would be reminded how I acquired it every time I used it. Thanks for the heads up though! :)
-Kyle

:bug-red
Latest arrivals: Lava Flow CF DLC Para2, Magnacut Mule, GITD Jester

http://www.spydiewiki.com
Cujobob

Post by Cujobob »

I love everything except the lock-bar cutout. What hardness is this Elmax taken to, I wonder...

Seems like a fun user, IMHO.
RamZar

Post by RamZar »

RamZar wrote:My Lil LionSpy should be in on Friday. It's finally on the Spyderco New Products page but the MSRP of $209.95 is incorrect! It should say $419.95.
I only mentioned the incorrect MSRP so that it would get corrected. I also contacted Spyderco through their website's Contact Us page.
  • I welcome dialog, as long as it remains cordial, constructive and is conducted in a civilized manner. - Titanic: Blood & Steel
  • You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you cannot fool all of the people all of the time. - Abraham Lincoln
WorkingEdge

Post by WorkingEdge »

Hard to take advantage of a good company like Spyderco. Wouldn't feel right like some have said.
Happy New Years everyone!
RamZar

Post by RamZar »

Noah of Spyderco Tech Support in SFO emailed back appreciately and the MSRP has been fixed.
GoldenSpydie

Post by GoldenSpydie »

jabba359 wrote:
GoldenSpydie wrote:
jabba359 wrote:
I'll have to pass after all. I wouldn't feel good about taking advantage of -what appears to be- a major pricing error and pretending to be a new customer. It would take the fun out of owning the knife, as I would be reminded how I acquired it every time I used it. Thanks for the heads up though! :)
That's true--very good point about taking advantage of their error. (Although it would be my first online SFO order, so I might actually count as a "new customer.")
Donut

Post by Donut »

NoFair wrote:Could someone check if the clip fits it's bigger brother? I have a slightly different clip from LionSteel on mine (and glassbreaker screw), but I like the hourglass look of the new one :D
Unfortunately, it doesn't work. The dimensions of the clips are drastically different. The Lionspy clip on the Lil Lionspy lands in the lock bar cutout and the Lil Lionspy clip on the Lionspy lands on the corner of the lock bar cutout.

Lil Lionspy

Lionspy

Lionspy
-Brian
A distinguished lurker.
NoFair

Post by NoFair »

Thanks for checking for me. Still considering getting a small brother for my LionSpy :D
Donut

Post by Donut »

I like it, but it might be a little too small. It gives me the same blade length as my DPx Hest folder, but the handle is shorter, it's just long enough to squeeze 4 fingers on the handle. The HEST folder is a little more comfortable in hand.

It's a little bit too big to be a LBK (ala Techno or HEAT) and a little too small to be comparable to the Delica. While changing the clips around, I did put a glass breaker screw on it. I just need to figure out what it is good for. Why would I grab it instead of the Lionspy when the Lionspy has a full sized handle and a larger blade.
-Brian
A distinguished lurker.
RamZar

Post by RamZar »

The Lil LionSpy is a smaller and smoother LionSpy with the same high-quality build. Some comparison pictures of the Lil LionSpy next to its big brother and together with Sage 2 & LionSteel SR-2.

Post by 1623 »

RamZar wrote:The Lil LionSpy is a smaller and smoother LionSpy with the same high-quality build. Some comparison pictures of the Lil LionSpy next to its big brother and together with Sage 2 & LionSteel SR-2.

Thank you for these images.

The first version never really appealed to me due to its size and weight but this one, being so close to a Sage, really has me intrigued. It looks to be an outstanding model.
-Jodi

It's not just in my head, it's in my heart.