Karahawk?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Liquid Cobra

Post by Liquid Cobra »

Sorry to bump this thread but are we about ready for the Karahawk to drop?
Most recently acquired: Military 2, Paramilitary 2 Tanto x2, YoJUMBO, Swayback, Siren, DLC Yojimbo 2, Native Chief, Shaman S90V, Para 3 LW, Ikuchi, UKPK, Smock, SUBVERT, Amalgam, Para 3 CTS-XHP, Kapara, Paramilitary 2 M390
Grail Paramilitary 2 M390 X 2! ACHIEVED!!

For more of my pictures see my Instagram account.
@liquid_cobra
sal

Post by sal »

We're close. We've received some pieces. Should have enough next month to begin shipping.

sal
KBar666

Post by KBar666 »

Good news, Thanks
jmh58

Post by jmh58 »

Thanks sal!! KOOL!!! John
Not all who wander are lost!!!

Of all the paths you take in life...
Make sure some of them are Dirt!!! ;)
Karambit

Post by Karambit »

I own Emerson Super Karambit, Fox knives 479 karambit and 5.11 Tarani karambit, but I think Spyderco’s classical S shaped serrated blade karambit would be the must for the "karambit guys". I hope I’ll get one like this one day.
[ATTACH]22900[/ATTACH]
Attachments
matriarch2.jpg
defenestrate

Post by defenestrate »

Karambit,
As a big fan of the waved Matriarch2 as well as karambits, I think this would be pretty cool. If I ever get around to doing custom scales for mine I might try a set like this to see how it feels in hand.
-
Happy, Happy, Happy! Peel, Peel, Peel!
sal

Post by sal »

Hi Karambit,

Welcome to our forum and thanx for the pic.

I think it would be prudent to see if the market likes the currrent model.

sal
Karambit

Post by Karambit »

sal wrote:Hi Karambit,

Welcome to our forum and thanx for the pic.

I think it would be prudent to see if the market likes the currrent model.

sal
Taking into account the popularity of Matriarch and Civilian I think that the serrated karambit will be even more popular than current Karahawk, because it will impress both fans of karambits and S shaped serrated spydercos.
dgebler

Post by dgebler »

Are we there yet...it's technically next month.
Liquid Cobra

Post by Liquid Cobra »

I know. I was just checkin the date on Sal's reply because it felt like a long time ago. I quickly realized it's only been a week. Once it starts to drop it will still be a month before my local shop gets one. I need to learn patience.
Most recently acquired: Military 2, Paramilitary 2 Tanto x2, YoJUMBO, Swayback, Siren, DLC Yojimbo 2, Native Chief, Shaman S90V, Para 3 LW, Ikuchi, UKPK, Smock, SUBVERT, Amalgam, Para 3 CTS-XHP, Kapara, Paramilitary 2 M390
Grail Paramilitary 2 M390 X 2! ACHIEVED!!

For more of my pictures see my Instagram account.
@liquid_cobra
sal

Post by sal »

Still not here yet. When the next shipment comes in, they'll go to collector and premier and what's left will go to regular distribution. We'll be getting a few hundred each month so it might be a while before they're readily available. My aplogies. Everyone is working as hard as they can to get these models to you.

sal
Donut

Post by Donut »

I've never even heard of premier. I'll have to search for a description of that one.

*edit* Okay, found it.

"Spyderco offers a different program (Premier Program) for dealers & distributors interested in being first to get quantity to sell."
-Brian
A distinguished lurker.
Waiting on a Squeak and Pingo with a Split Spring!
dgebler

Post by dgebler »

Thanks Sal! I guess it is a good sign when people love your knives so much you can't make em fast enough.
Pockets

Post by Pockets »

+1!
Delica PE, Dragonfly Salt SE, Stretch SE, Manbug SE, Mule 16, Sage 1, black/satin PM2, Native 5
Unlimitedx

Post by Unlimitedx »

November is coming to an end, any new info?
:spyder: Hello, my name is Bill, I'm a Spyderco addict.
Chipped Karambit

Post by Chipped Karambit »

KbitOwner wrote:Well, I've been on here and have read quite a bit about this new and upcoming Karahawk knife and look forward to trying it out as I'm a current owner of the redesigned (improved) Emerson Combat Karambit ($260) (with the slightly more enlarged 24mm ring feature) as well as the 599 FOX Karambit Knife ($125) (with the same 24mm ring size and the Patented Emerson Wave Catch Feature). I also own the 479, 478 & 480 FOX Kbit models but they are too large for my XL hand and are really meant for XXL hands. What I'd like to find out is does anyone else own the 599 FOX Kbit knife? I can say with all the Kbit's that I own that these two models are the BEST and are EQUAL to each other in their qualities. The thing is though what initially confused me was with the 599 FOX Kbit why is it half the cost? I found out later that the failing Euro dollar STILL goes further in it's value than our failing American dollar. So if the 599 FOX Kbit was made here in the U.S. it would sell for about same price as the Emerson Combat Karambit. Plus (from what I saw on a YouTube vid), Funker Tactical (a tactical review site company) is now endorsing the 599 FOX Karambit. Interesting but not surprising as it's a great Kbit. Here's the link to the vid:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ArV-idpSRf8

Again, it would be great to get some feedback from others that own 599 FOX Kbit model.
I used to own one (Fox) that I picked up at blade but had the blade get massive lock rock to where to lock could be broken by pushing on the blade, so I sent it off for warranty and got a new one which I traded. I must say, it was a great one in my opinion, good angle, only issue I had was the need to sand under the clip. The karahawk may be interesting even though I am not 100% with folding karambits after having one knick me with lock failure (faulty knife but still)
Blerv wrote:Given the nature of a kerambit blade you really don't want to cut corners on price and quality. Plenty of those on the market.
+1
Karambit wrote:I own Emerson Super Karambit, Fox knives 479 karambit and 5.11 Tarani karambit, but I think Spyderco’s classical S shaped serrated blade karambit would be the must for the "karambit guys". I hope I’ll get one like this one day.
[ATTACH]22900[/ATTACH]
Seems interesting. I use my lil matriarch as a ringless karambit as it is. I'd prefer a solid ring so if that could be pulled off in the handle that would be pretty sick.
sal wrote:Still not here yet. When the next shipment comes in, they'll go to collector and premier and what's left will go to regular distribution. We'll be getting a few hundred each month so it might be a while before they're readily available. My aplogies. Everyone is working as hard as they can to get these models to you.

sal
I will look forward to seeing it at blade this year if I can make it. This is one of the things I have to hold and see if my wallet acts on its own accord like it did with the sprint run pm2 s
Pake

Post by Pake »

HKS is receiving collector karahawks on 12/9. You can purchase now with 7 left in stock.
KBar666

Post by KBar666 »

pake wrote:hks is receiving collector karahawks on 12/9. You can purchase now with 7 left in stock.
hks?
SpyderNut

Post by SpyderNut »

KBar666 wrote:hks?
Howe's Knife Shop. They're supposed to get a few K-Hawks in on 12/9 for $168 and change.
:spyder: -Michael

"...as I said before, 'the edge is a wondrous thing', [but] in all of it's qualities, it is still a ghost." - sal
KBar666

Post by KBar666 »

SpyderNut wrote:Howe's Knife Shop. They're supposed to get a few K-Hawks in on 12/9 for $168 and change.
Thanks