S110V Native 5 Handle Poll

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.

What handle would you want?

Black
2%
Red
15%
Blue
10%
Brown
3%
Gray
4%
Green
5%
Tan
3%
Stag Arms Green
18%
Carbon Fiber
33%
Something Fancier (Titanium, Bolsters, etc)
7%

Total votes: 163

Blerv

Post by Blerv »

I really hope this forum knife happens. It's been a while :( .

Personally, I think a muted color is better than a bright one. It may not get a niche as excited (as say orange) but it will turn-off far less people. That's the nature of love/hate styling and the conservative folks.

CF/Titanium/Micarta/Wood are awesome materials but if people would be happy with G10 and it could keep the price down it might be wise. Depending of course how many are going to be built. Selling 300 knives is easy, 600 is a bit harder at a higher sticker price. At the least it would take longer, which may not be a bad thing considering the sell rate of the last purple Native.

I would be personally happy with anything from the list above. As Chuck said once (I think), even with skulls and poka dots. :p
DeathBySnooSnoo

Post by DeathBySnooSnoo »

Blerv wrote:I really hope this forum knife happens. It's been a while :( .

Personally, I think a muted color is better than a bright one. It may not get a niche as excited (as say orange) but it will turn-off far less people. That's the nature of love/hate styling and the conservative folks.

CF/Titanium/Micarta/Wood are awesome materials but if people would be happy with G10 and it could keep the price down it might be wise. Depending of course how many are going to be built. Selling 300 knives is easy, 600 is a bit harder at a higher sticker price. At the least it would take longer, which may not be a bad thing considering the sell rate of the last purple Native.

I would be personally happy with anything from the list above. As Chuck said once (I think), even with skulls and poka dots. :p
I would like it to happen as well. I would love a forum knife. If this isn't it, then I hope Sal and Co come up with something else.

Everyone has their top choice for scales but they should also have a few other options that they like and can live with. That is why I am sticking with G10...it is a bit cheaper, and pleases the majority of people.

My true top choice would be peel ply CF.
On the hunt for...
Slash

Post by Slash »

Spook410 wrote: - And finally, you apparently participate in this forum but you refer to us as 'fanboys'? Disappointing.
I thought we're all fanboys here?

Not going to respond to the other comments about blade steel. There are many places you can learn for that.

I'm still waiting to see what Eric comes up with. I am confident all us fanboys will approve. ;)
Sonny

Post by Sonny »

If Sal is going to use S110v, then it's right to put on some nice scales. Heck, I'd go with a nice South American hardwood and make it a gents' knife. Although, I suppose a "gent" doesn't really need steel that good..., but "need" has nothing to do with it.
Sonny
chuck_roxas45

Post by chuck_roxas45 »

Sonny wrote:If Sal is going to use S110v, then it's right to put on some nice scales. Heck, I'd go with a nice South American hardwood and make it a gents' knife. Although, I suppose a "gent" doesn't really need steel that good..., but "need" has nothing to do with it.
Sonny
Right? Says who? G10 and s110v is nice enough for me.
bh49

Post by bh49 »

Sonny wrote:If Sal is going to use S110v, then it's right to put on some nice scales. Heck, I'd go with a nice South American hardwood and make it a gents' knife. Although, I suppose a "gent" doesn't really need steel that good..., but "need" has nothing to do with it.
Sonny
I would love to have nice wood scales on this knife and will take it over any G10 or CF, unfortunately I do not think that this would happen. Most of the people prefer G10, CF and Ti. Even micarta is out of style now.
I do not see anything wrong with supersteel on gents knife. WH use ZDP a lot on their less expensive knives, but probably solid ZDP is better choice for this application.
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"

My top choices Natives5, Calys, C83 Persian
Papa_K

Post by Papa_K »

One thing I'd really like to see is the Native 5 on a diet. In the catalog, it tips the scales at 3.7 oz. For comparison, the Paramilitary2 weighs 3.75 oz. Contrast that with the Native FRN, at only 2.65 oz. The Native 5 is solid(?)... or is it just a bit overweight?
A separate subject from this S110V version, but is FRN somewhere in the Native 5's future?

On G-10 colors, I voted Stag Arms Green, but just about any dark, non-fluorescent color would be fine to me.
DeathBySnooSnoo

Post by DeathBySnooSnoo »

Papa_K wrote:One thing I'd really like to see is the Native 5 on a diet. In the catalog, it tips the scales at 3.7 oz. For comparison, the Paramilitary2 weighs 3.75 oz. Contrast that with the Native FRN, at only 2.65 oz. The Native 5 is solid(?)... or is it just a bit overweight?
A separate subject from this S110V version, but is FRN somewhere in the Native 5's future?

On G-10 colors, I voted Stag Arms Green, but just about any dark, non-fluorescent color would be fine to me.
It's best to think of the Native 5 like a Mini Mini Manix. (the Original)
On the hunt for...
black

Post by black »

Gimme some of that blue moon glow. There is too less moon glow on spydercos!
CXXX

Post by CXXX »

Stag Arms green for me BUT!! with DLC black blade and black hardware.
INFRNL

Post by INFRNL »

I say Natural G-10/11 :D

out of the choices, I say stag arms green or something fancier
CF Balance, CF Caly3 ZDP, Caly 3.5 SB, CAT 440C, Chaparral, Orange Jigged Damascus Delica, Blue Jigged Damascus Delica, BRG Delica ZDP(SOON TO BE G-10!), FG G-10 DragonFly, Gayle Bradley, 2012 Jester, H1 Ladybug Salt Hawkbill w/G-10 scales, Tan Manix 2 M4, MoonGlow Manix 2, C22CF Michael Walker, BRN Millie XHP, Native 5, PM2, All Black PM2, Gray PM2 20CP, Blue PM2 M390, Sage 1, Sage 2, Sage 4, Terzuola, CF Stretch ZDP, UKPK Drop Point
bh49

Post by bh49 »

Papa_K wrote:One thing I'd really like to see is the Native 5 on a diet. In the catalog, it tips the scales at 3.7 oz. For comparison, the Paramilitary2 weighs 3.75 oz. Contrast that with the Native FRN, at only 2.65 oz. The Native 5 is solid(?)... or is it just a bit overweight?
Native5 is not overweight, it is well build. It feels good in your hand.
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"

My top choices Natives5, Calys, C83 Persian
Slash

Post by Slash »

I don't think spyderco used silver twill g10 on anything yet. That material would look super sweet on this knife.
Please hook us up Eric.
RevDevil

Post by RevDevil »

Any news on this yet?
Popsickle

Post by Popsickle »

Yeah, peel ply cf. and possibility of it being regular production
chuck_roxas45

Post by chuck_roxas45 »

Popsickle wrote:Yeah, peel ply cf. and possibility of it being regular production
Regular production? That's awesome!

I can get the cruwear millie first then. :D
Pinetreebbs

Post by Pinetreebbs »

Red Carbon fiber, this:

Have you joined Knife Rights yet?
Go to: http://www.KnifeRights.org
Protecting your Right to own and carry the knives YOU choose.
Popsickle

Post by Popsickle »

chuck_roxas45 wrote:Regular production? That's awesome!

I can get the cruwear millie first then. :D
Yeah I asked a retailer who released the list of his new knives. He said he was almost positive it,was production
chukar8

Post by chukar8 »

Green, unless Orange was available.
Popsickle

Post by Popsickle »

You guys know the handle is already announced right?