Ti or G10 Military

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
kbrouwer

Ti or G10 Military

Post by kbrouwer »

I'm debating whether to get the Titanium ($208) or G10 ($121) Military. I could do with the G10 but I know I'd enjoy the Ti SO MUCH MORE. What do you think, should I spend the extra $88 on a different handle material just for enjoyment?
:spyder: :spyder: Kirk Brouwer :spyder: :spyder:
mikerestivo

Post by mikerestivo »

You might try a search on this topic in some of the older threads. It seems to come up often and I recall that there has been some good discussion on it.
Gofannon

Post by Gofannon »

Excepted the price and the look, the ti model is heavier than the G10 but it looks like stronger.
The ti model is more slippy but more uncommon.

I love my military ti but I'm looking for a G10 version for EDC use or more crappy task!
"The things you own end up owning you."
Tyler, Fight Club

:spyder: My spyderco :spyder:

Geoffrey
Gofannon

Post by Gofannon »

mikerestivo wrote:You might try a search on this topic in some of the older threads. It seems to come up often and I recall that there has been some good discussion on it.
Your true:
http://www.spyderco.com/forums/showthre ... m-military
"The things you own end up owning you."
Tyler, Fight Club

:spyder: My spyderco :spyder:

Geoffrey
Holland

Post by Holland »

i would spend the extra money and get the titanium, personally i like the heft with bigger knives, plus it looks a lot nicer
-Spencer

Rotation:
Gayle Bradley 2 | Mantra 1 | Watu | Chaparral 1 | Dragonfly 2 Salt SE
Mahmer09

Post by Mahmer09 »

I just ordered a Ti Military after much debate myself. I don't plan on having a bunch of militarys so I went with the one that is different than all my other knives. Plus, with that size of a blade, I thought the added weight would be ok. Kind of made up for it. That's what kind of turned me off of the Manix 2 a little bit. Same size blade as my PM2 but much heavier. Don't think there is a bad choice here.
markg

Post by markg »

Sounds like you really want the Ti version, so go with it. What normally happens in these situations is you buy the cheaper option to only have to go back and buy the one your originally wanted. So in the end you are spending more money. At least that is what happens with me.

I like both, but I do like the Ti version. Prefer the RIL and the Ti handle is less abrasive to pockets.
rodloos

Post by rodloos »

Only you can decide if the extra cost is worth it to you -- the Ti one won't *cut* any better of course.

I was going to hold off on getting a Ti millie until I could get one of the fluted Ti ones, but they are *very* scarce, and then Howe's had a special clearance on the regular Ti millie's for around $195. I have to say I do like the feel of it, the extra heft has a nice feel to it -- but I really like my G10 millie's also, they are grippier (sp?).

We are enablers, you know we are going to tell you to get both :) .
Which Knife, A or B? get Both! (and C, D and E) :)
akaAK

Post by akaAK »

Im going against the grain on this one. The G10 Millie, classic spyderco. The military is a work knife and G10, in my opinion only, serves that purpose better.

That being said, get both.
FroOchie

Post by FroOchie »

akaAK wrote: That being said, get both.
haha I like this mindset myself.
...I have no knives I keep in a safe but there are one or two that don't leave the house...
Pockets

Post by Pockets »

Is this knife gonna be a user or a keeper?
kbrouwer

Post by kbrouwer »

markg wrote:Sounds like you really want the Ti version, so go with it. What normally happens in these situations is you buy the cheaper option to only have to go back and buy the one your originally wanted. So in the end you are spending more money. At least that is what happens with me.

I like both, but I do like the Ti version. Prefer the RIL and the Ti handle is less abrasive to pockets.
Yeah I think I'm gonna go for it. I will also get the g10 at some point though.
kbrouwer

Post by kbrouwer »

akaAK wrote:Im going against the grain on this one. The G10 Millie, classic spyderco. The military is a work knife and G10, in my opinion only, serves that purpose better.

That being said, get both.
I will get both but not at the same time. Probably ti first though