The Military.

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
gooeytek

Post by gooeytek »

I carry mine often too, except when I'm in NYC.
sovereign

Post by sovereign »

gooeytek wrote:I carry mine often too, except when I'm in NYC.
Holy smoked black blade M4!

Is it just the lighting? What did you do to get the even dark patina?
BAL

Post by BAL »

Mud Shrimp Moe wrote:Thanks, BAL. The Millie is one knife I'd like to hold in my hands prior to purchasing. I fear it's just too large for my carry preferences. I'm more familiar with the Resilience, just from videos and photos. It looks absolutely enormous.
Yea it is definately a big knife. The Millie is almost too big to carry loose in a pocket, it takes up quite a bit of space. It it probably too long to fit in the back pocket if you carry that way. However, I carry it clipped in the right pocket and it doesn't seem as big that way. You seem to get used to it. To me, it is a knife that you have to get at some point in time. There are several that fit into that description for me and I don't have them all yet. it just takes time. If I could only win the lottery or find a pot of gold.
BAL

Post by BAL »

Gooeytek - I agree with sovereign on holy smoke black blade M4 and that it looks like a sweet patina. Or is it sweet potato. One way or the other, I want.
mongatu

Post by mongatu »

The difference in blade length between the Millie and the Para 2 is not as great as the photos in this thread make it seem. That is because most of the apparent size difference is due to the unusually large handle of the Millie. There is only 1/2 inch of difference in actual blade length, however, and it doesn't seem like much to me when just comparing the blades. I do find the P2 a bit easier to handle for many tasks.
Peter - My :spyder:'s:
Caly~3.5 (VG-10 & S. Blue); Para2~(20CP~M390~S30v); Military~(M390~S30v); Endura & Delica~4~FFG; Native~(S30v); Caly~Jr.~(ZDP); Manix~2~(M4); Ladybug~3~(VG-10. SE); Mules~(M390).
SnoDiver777

Post by SnoDiver777 »

I LOVE my Mili's! I have 4, 3 that i carry (not the CF). I have 14 other spyderco's but end up wearing the Mili 90% of the time. While large, the balance & action is unbeatable. Only it doesn't fit in dress slacks all that well...that what my Velie is for! THOUGH....the Starmate is a SUPER CLOSE SECOND. I think i avoid wearing that just to keep it in awesome shape.
BAL

Post by BAL »

SnoDiver777 wrote:I LOVE my Mili's! I have 4, 3 that i carry (not the CF). I have 14 other spyderco's but end up wearing the Mili 90% of the time. While large, the balance & action is unbeatable. Only it doesn't fit in dress slacks all that well...that what my Velie is for! THOUGH....the Starmate is a SUPER CLOSE SECOND. I think i avoid wearing that just to keep it in awesome shape.
Hey SnoDiver777, welcome. You should be right in season before too long. Are you getting any of that white stuff out where you are in The Centennial State. I agree on the Millie. I feel like i have to have it (or a Para2) on me most of the time.