Of cabinets and paramilitaries

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
slice22358

Of cabinets and paramilitaries

Post by slice22358 »

Hey long time no post!

I've come back because I cannot keep my unbridled joy in:

After nearly a year, I finally found my beloved D2 Paramilitary in some random cabinet in my house :D

It was like Christmas I'll tell you!!!

In other news, I'm going to be working at a summer camp in Colorado for 2 months this summer not very far from Golden. There goes my paycheck :rolleyes:
Feeding the addiction

Proud member of The Cult of the Curved Ones-C.O.T.C.O.
Sequimite

Post by Sequimite »

Could you come to my house and find the big Manix I've been looking for for over a year? - haven't seen my Chinook 3 for several months either.
Our reason is quite satisfied, in 999 cases out of every 1000 of us, if we can find a few arguments that will do to recite in case our credulity is criticized by someone else. Our faith is faith in someone else's faith, and in the greatest matters this is most the case.
- William James, from The Will to Believe, a guest lecture at Yale University in 1897
DrSpeed

Post by DrSpeed »

I'm constantly neurotically checking where my knives are. All users so they can be in coats, pants, backpacks (maxpeditions with a thousand pouches and compatments), drawers...
I must have a proper storage system some day ;) !
Endura VG-10 Delica ZDP-189 Paramilitary all black Military CPM S30V camo Perrin Street Bowie Tenacious Kiwi 3 Ladybug serrated Byrd Cara Cara G10 Byrd Cara Cara Rescue Byrd Meadowlark Caly 3.5 UKPK Pacific Salt UKPK Rescue
SpydieDelica4

Post by SpydieDelica4 »

Jeeze guys! I haven't lost a knife yet. When I get home, whether i'm going back out or not, i have a table next to my computer that i put all my users on, and when i get home and the shoes come off, the knife goes on the table, along with my keys, wallet and iphone. That way i can move around the house without losing anything, but if i need it, i know where it is. Then when i'm on my way out, i just collect everything and go.
rosconey

Post by rosconey »

i have a mini cyclone zdp in mt smokers footstool-
all the rest go in a drawer when i get home and empty my pockets
JT

Post by JT »

Hey welcome back! :D

It's kind like one of my Meerkats, rev-S, it was missing from November. I raided the house many times during winter, just couldn't find it. man I hated losing a Spydie.

Well what do you know, Spring came, and I took out my bike from winter storage, to go for a ride. I put on my driving jacket, filling the pockets with all the necessary gear, keys, wallet, mobile etc.. what do I feel in the waist pocket? That's right. The "missing" Meerkat! was it valuable? No, just the old model AUS-6 user, but still, I was so happy! It really was like Christmas as you said :D :D
The Cult Of The Curved Ones-C.O.T.C.O.
defenestrate

Post by defenestrate »

Congrats on finding your knife! I've had a few go away for a long time and then reappear and it's a good feeling.
-
Happy, Happy, Happy! Peel, Peel, Peel!
slice22358

Post by slice22358 »

Sequimite wrote:Could you come to my house and find the big Manix I've been looking for for over a year? - haven't seen my Chinook 3 for several months either.
I could, but I just might find them and not tell you :p
DrSpeed wrote:I'm constantly neurotically checking where my knives are. All users so they can be in coats, pants, backpacks (maxpeditions with a thousand pouches and compatments), drawers...
I must have a proper storage system some day ;) !
Yeah my 'storage system' is my house :rolleyes:
SpydieDelica4 wrote:Jeeze guys! I haven't lost a knife yet. When I get home, whether i'm going back out or not, i have a table next to my computer that i put all my users on, and when i get home and the shoes come off, the knife goes on the table, along with my keys, wallet and iphone. That way i can move around the house without losing anything, but if i need it, i know where it is. Then when i'm on my way out, i just collect everything and go.
For the most part I keep them in one cabinet. Quite embarrassingly, this is actually where I found the Paramilitary :o
JT wrote:Hey welcome back! :D

It's kind like one of my Meerkats, rev-S, it was missing from November. I raided the house many times during winter, just couldn't find it. man I hated losing a Spydie.

Well what do you know, Spring came, and I took out my bike from winter storage, to go for a ride. I put on my driving jacket, filling the pockets with all the necessary gear, keys, wallet, mobile etc.. what do I feel in the waist pocket? That's right. The "missing" Meerkat! was it valuable? No, just the old model AUS-6 user, but still, I was so happy! It really was like Christmas as you said :D :D
Thanks man, though I fear that if I start lurking here again the addiction will come back stronger than ever! And now that you mention the Meerkat, I haven't seen mine in awhile now that I think about it...here we go again :(
defenestrate wrote:Congrats on finding your knife! I've had a few go away for a long time and then reappear and it's a good feeling.
It certainly is, but now it looks like I have to go on another hunt :rolleyes:
Feeding the addiction

Proud member of The Cult of the Curved Ones-C.O.T.C.O.