Got my paramilitary 2!!!!!!

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
StangBang

Post by StangBang »

Leatherneck wrote:Image
:p
Vic
dc50

Post by dc50 »

Sure would like to see a side by side pic of the old Para with the new.
Just to get a perspective of how much longer the blade is.
dc
spyderHS08

Post by spyderHS08 »

Pics or you dont have anything!!! :D :p
39 & counting...
:spyder: E3, Para mili, Salt 1 PE, Native, D3 OD, Ladybug, UKPK, Dodo, D4, Tasman, Ladybug Salt, Smallfly, Khukuri, Para Military, USN E4, Persistence, Civilian, Yojimbo, Smallfly, Manix 2 CE, Dodo, Military, D4 , Blackhawk, Pac Salt, Military, Manix 2, Captain, Assist, D'fly PE, Spyderhawk SE, Persian, Lum tanto, Warrior, Lil Temp, Tuff, spyderfly, szabofly, :spyder:

Dodo!
TimmyBoston

Post by TimmyBoston »

Other than the couple knives on ebay when is knife likely to be available to the public?

I've never really been looking forward to a new knife release before, but I'm dying for this one! :D
Mako109

Post by Mako109 »

Leatherneck wrote:Image
Agree. No pics so it never happened.
brianch

Post by brianch »

why are the photos taking so long... :spyder:
:spyder:LF:Lum Folders!:spyder:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Soulrack

Post by Soulrack »

SpydieZ wrote:It was 139 with tax I think they might be sold out thought :(
Thanks a lot, man. I hope they have more in stock by next weekend. :(
LorenzoL

Post by LorenzoL »

Pics or I'll call it BS. :D
SecSpyral

Post by SecSpyral »

i believe you :p
SmoothOne25

Post by SmoothOne25 »

i asked for pics on ti lum and got no response :D

well can you please maybe do one next to the old one. close up of the sal and eric part? thats alot of tax how much is spys price? 125 right?
Whieee

Post by Whieee »

Pics or it didn't happen! :D
markg

Post by markg »

IMHO, the Paramilitary 2 looks like The Military and Manix 2 had a wild night in Vegas...

I honestly prefer the original. The clip looks like the Manix 2 clip, which never seemed to flow with any knife. It looks like someone just bolted a clip on the knife from spare parts. And the large lanyard hole... Dang it is so big it almost make it a Karambit. ;)

I think I prefer the original Digi-Camo version that is riding in my pocket.

Now of course I will HAVE to get one of the newer ones, and of course I will post a thread that says "gee, I have change my mind on the Paramilitary 2."

So just consider this post a precursor to that thread when it comes out. :)
jasong911

Fine..., pics

Post by jasong911 »

Got mine from SFO. I don't have the old one...

By jasong911 at 2010-07-20

With Manix 2 sprint...

JspyEDC

Post by JspyEDC »

For some reason, the numbered Collector models had only SAL markings. Regular production models had BOTH Sal and Eric's mark. Have no idea why....
Spyderco Collector #162
Bushbadger

Post by Bushbadger »

I'm liking the look of it, but as markg said, the clip just looks bolted on as an after thought. Looks a little out of place with the rest of the knife.
gbelleh

Post by gbelleh »

Nice pics! The clip looks fine to me. As long as it can go tip-up, I'm ok with it.
:bug-red-white
Zenith

Post by Zenith »

Nice! Thanks for the pictures! I really like the refinements on the new one. Really impressive thanks to everyone at Spyderco!
"If you wish to live and thrive, let the spider run alive"
"the perfect knife is the one in your hand, you should just learn how to use it."
If you don't have anything good to say, then don't say anything at all

My Youtube knife use videos and more: http://www.youtube.com/user/mwvanwyk/videos
Knife makers directory: http://www.knifemakersdirectory.com/
SteelDragon

Post by SteelDragon »

Is that a new style clip? It looks like it has a bit of a curve towards the bottom or is that just the pic. Wondered if that is to help with the occasional catching on something. Thanks for posting pics!
SmoothOne25

Post by SmoothOne25 »

wow thats so cool! i wonder why they both put thier initials on it? if what jess says is true it kind of sucks. i would like to have one of each model. like those of us who have both "logo" and "non logo" gayle bradley's.
well i guess that wont happen now. what puzzles me is that sal is very low key, quiet guy. doesnt obsess about praise. im surpised a man like sal would ever sign or put initials on any knife. doesnt seem like something he would do. like i cant imagine him signing autographs's at shows for example...
D1omedes

Post by D1omedes »

SmoothOne25 wrote:wow thats so cool! i wonder why they both put thier initials on it? if what jess says is true it kind of sucks. i would like to have one of each model. like those of us who have both "logo" and "non logo" gayle bradley's.
well i guess that wont happen now. what puzzles me is that sal is very low key, quiet guy. doesnt obsess about praise. im surpised a man like sal would ever sign or put initials on any knife. doesnt seem like something he would do. like i cant imagine him signing autographs's at shows for example...
I disagree. I think Sal is the kind of guy that would be fine with signing an autograph for someone who truly wanted it. After all, Sal is always answering our questions and interacting with his customers via the forums. That's something that speaks volumes about his character.

I know there are some out there who are minimalists and would prefer no markings on their knives. I think that as long as it is done tastefully, it's fine. I think the addition of Eric's signature on the Para 2 looks cool and if anything, adds a talking point when someone looks at your new EDC. :)