Ball park on matriarch????

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
edge-e

Ball park on matriarch????

Post by edge-e »

Anyone have some inside information on when we can expect the
new matriach?second...third....forth quarter.I hope this
would be out first since they already have the E3 handle mold. :D

thx.
jase74

Post by jase74 »

edge-e wrote:Anyone have some inside information on when we can expect the
new matriach?second...third....forth quarter.I hope this
would be out first since they already have the E3 handle mold. :D

thx.

Can't wait for this one...certainly hope someone can give us an idea although from what I have been reading, it seems until it's actually released, it's all just speculation....

Good luck though and let's see if someone else on the forums has any info!

:)
Cheers

Jase

Post by Blademan21 »

New member here. Last week after I did a Google search for "Matriarch" I found a web-site called yourcornerstore.com. They claimed to have the Matriarch on back order.
Yea brown handle and your choice of serrated or plain edge. I played along and said I would be interested in 2. Got a confirmation email a few days later that I ws on the list.
I waited a couple of days and asked when they would be coming in. Got a reply today that the expected date is 5/9/2019. Wanted to know if I wanted to reserve my order. What are your thoughts? Anyone heard different on the release date? Anyone done business with this company?
Blerv

Post by Blerv »

My crystal ball is saying somewhere near the retail price of a Spyderhawk since it's the same handle and construction but VG10 instead of H1 steel. Give/Take a few bucks.
tac

Post by tac »

Blademan21 wrote:New member here. Last week after I did a Google search for "Matriarch" I found a web-site called yourcornerstore.com. They claimed to have the Matriarch on back order.
Yea brown handle and your choice of serrated or plain edge. I played along and said I would be interested in 2. Got a confirmation email a few days later that I ws on the list.
I waited a couple of days and asked when they would be coming in. Got a reply today that the expected date is 5/9/2019. Wanted to know if I wanted to reserve my order. What are your thoughts? Anyone heard different on the release date? Anyone done business with this company?
Lots of folks on this site have done business with them. My experience: They're great with knives that are in stock, but their estimated in-stock dates for out of stock knives can be, shall we say, a little off.
gac

Post by gac »

Spyderco does not release upcoming dates since they change so easily.

Kristi wrote that retail price is $99.95.
edge-e

Post by edge-e »

All I need is a ''spring..."summer"...Fall...Pls sal or kristi. :o

thx.
anson argyris

Post by anson argyris »

Blademan21 wrote: Got a reply today that the expected date is 5/9/2019.
More than nine years to wait ? :D
Blademan21

Post by Blademan21 »

^ Typo error. should be 5/9/2010.
I went ahead and placed my order with them for the Matriarch yesterday. A little over $60.00 with S/H. See what happens.
Blademan21

Post by Blademan21 »

Blademan21 wrote:^ Typo error. should be 5/9/2010.
I went ahead and placed my order with them for the Matriarch yesterday. A little over $60.00 with S/H. See what happens.
Should have waited until today before placing an order with them. I attended a trade show in San Diego today and met with the Spyderco rep. It was confirmed that the handle color will be brown and will be out hopefully by this summer. Good enough for me,so I placed an order for 2 with the serrated edge. I am calling Monday to cancel my order with yourcornerstore. My advise is if you want one call moeteng.com and place an order. Should be worth the wait.
flash900

Post by flash900 »

Blademan21 wrote:Should have waited until today before placing an order with them. I attended a trade show in San Diego today and met with the Spyderco rep. It was confirmed that the handle color will be brown and will be out hopefully by this summer. Good enough for me,so I placed an order for 2 with the serrated edge. I am calling Monday to cancel my order with yourcornerstore. My advise is if you want one call moeteng.com and place an order. Should be worth the wait.
moeteng.com??
Spydies: Caly 3 & Jr.; Michael Walker; Dragonfly, 2 & G10; Delica 4, FFG, G10, & Wave; Endura G10 & Wave; Rookie; Ambitious, Persistence, Tenacious; Sage 1, 2, 3; CAT CF & G10; Chicago CF; Ladybug; Bradley; Manix 2, Blue & XL; Native 4, 5 & Forum; Balance; Rescue; Salt I & Pacific; D'Allara; Junior; PPT; SuperLeaf; Urban Safety Orange; Para 2; Matriarch 2 & Lil'; Techno; Southard; Tuffthumbz Sage 2 & Para 2 mods; Cuscadi Pingo; Domino; Slysz Bowie
jase74

Post by jase74 »

anson argyris wrote:More than nine years to wait ? :D
quick notice! hehehe :D
Cheers

Jase

Post by disko »

I'll be buying several, a mix of PE and SE, shipped to Australia. Can anyone suggest a seller???
tac

Post by tac »

flash900 wrote:moeteng.com??
Apparent typo, try moteng.com. Looks like a wholesaler.
35+ :spyder: since 2009, and counting...
TD22057

Post by TD22057 »

tac wrote:Apparent typo, try moteng.com. Looks like a wholesaler.
So why would someone advocate dropping a pre-order w/ one company and switching to another that doesn't allow you to pre-order and doesn't seem to show a retail price? It doesn't seem like any one company is going to get knives sooner than another...
edge-e

Post by edge-e »

Blademan21 wrote:Should have waited until today before placing an order with them. I attended a trade show in San Diego today and met with the Spyderco rep. It was confirmed that the handle color will be brown and will be out hopefully by this summer. Good enough for me,so I placed an order for 2 with the serrated edge. I am calling Monday to cancel my order with yourcornerstore. My advise is if you want one call moeteng.com and place an order. Should be worth the wait.
Good to know,thanx for the info. :)
The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

AFAIK Moteng is a Spyderco distributor and, unless Spyderco's rules have changed or Moteng is violating them, they cannot sell to retail customers. Again, unless the rules have changed, the only exception to that was discontinued models.
Paul
My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Spydiewiki
Deplorable :p
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!
ChapmanPreferred

Post by ChapmanPreferred »

I would guess Kristi is right.
SFO Alumni/Authorized Spyderco Dealer (Startup)
Work EDC List
FRP: Nisjin Cricket PE, Manbug PE, Dragonfly PE
FLP: SS Cricket SE, byrd Flatbyrd CE
BRP: CF Military S90V
BLP: Forum S110V Native
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
bohica1998

Post by bohica1998 »

TD22057 wrote:So why would someone advocate dropping a pre-order w/ one company and switching to another that doesn't allow you to pre-order and doesn't seem to show a retail price? It doesn't seem like any one company is going to get knives sooner than another...
Actually, IIRC, he didn't! :eek: :D

There was another thread somewhere about that store and I think someone said that the second one is the supplier for the first one!

You place an order with the first one who then orders it from the second one, who then ships it to you.

That's IF I remember correctly. I could be mistaken.
18 :bug-red 's and counting so far... :winking-tongue
Current Inventory: C14SBK Rescue SE - C14SBL Rescue SE - C14PBK Rescue FG PE - C14SBK Rescue FG SE - C10PSGRWBK Endura USN CE Emerson Opener/Black Blade - LBK3HB Ladybug Hawkbill SE - C12SGY Matriarch SE G10 modded - C78PSBK Native 3 SE - C78PBK Native 3 PE - C41SBK Native 4 SE - C41PBBK Native 4 Black Blade PE - C41PSBBK Native 4 Black Blade SE - C77PYL SpyderHawk H1 PE - C106PYL Tasman Salt PE - C122GP Tenacious SE - BY22SBK Meadowlark Hawkbill SE - LGRP3HB USN Ladybug Hawkbill PE - LGRS3HB USN Ladybug Hawkbill SE
Blademan21

Post by Blademan21 »

Yes it was a typo on my part,should have been Moteng.com. I have a wholesale account with them,as I retail safety erquipment. That is why I was able to attend the trade show this weekend. Sort of a mini-micro SHOT,if you know what I mean. I ws told I would get my order form Moteng before the order form yourcountrystore. Plus I saved money placing my order with the Spyderco rep.