So what did you cut with spyderco today?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
tradja

Post by tradja »

Past 24hrs:

Yesterday afternoon, I used my Kraton Stretch to test how well a plastic laminate adhered to an ID card we're developing. Last night, I used the Kraton Stretch to open my new LH Millie. :spyder: Then I used the Millie to open an orange Ladybug and a Bark River Mini Northstar. :D

This morning, I used the orange Ladybug to split a bagel. Today at lunch when I get to the PO, I will again use the kraton Stretch to open my new CF/ZDP Stretch II!

Good thread!
vampyrewolf

Post by vampyrewolf »

noddy: I'm coming over there for breakfast.... beats my oatmeal :p
Coffee before Conciousness
Why do people worry more if you argue with your voices than if you just talk with them? What about if you lose those arguements?
Slowly going crazy at work... they found a way to make the voices work too.
tkdlaxer

Post by tkdlaxer »

Today I cut open some ground beef open with my Tenacious to make half of it into sloppy joes, the other half I'm saving for some spaghetti.

Then I cut open a package of wipes for in my bathroom.
Tank

Post by Tank »

I put the spyderhawk to use again today cutting about 50ft of irrigation tubing down to about 2ft sections. The perfect knife for that job.
-John
yossarian

Post by yossarian »

Wrapping paper with a Dragonfly. More fun that scissors.
GradeMaker

Post by GradeMaker »

Opened the mail and cut pages out of a coloring book with a Kiwi and sliced a lemon wedge (no more limes?:eek :) for my cocktail
Ookami

Post by Ookami »

Do you say "to peel" or "to skin" an orange? Anyway, I removed the tough and bitter part from the sweet and juicy part with a Centofante 4. :p

Ookami
________
VAPORIZER BENEFITS
tonydahose

Post by tonydahose »

i used my centofante to open up a can of paint :eek: with the knife closed i used the steel above the hole to work the lid off. then i put the point on the inside lip and gave it a little slap with the palm of hand to make a bunch of holes for the paint to drip back into the can. the tip is still fine too :)
WTC #1444 Always Remember
Need info on a particular :spyder:, just click here
My knives
Spydie count: a few:D
graham_s

Post by graham_s »

Paracord, paper, bread, took apart some boxes, that sort of thing, All with my Tenacious.
tonydahose

Post by tonydahose »

graham_s wrote:Paracord, paper, bread, took apart some boxes, that sort of thing, All with my Tenacious.

your first post in my thread...i am honored. i would say welcome but you have been here for a while already. so was it the serrated or plain edge or combo tenacious?
My knives
graham_s

Post by graham_s »

Plain edge.
I don't really like serrations.
That said, my first Spydie was serrated (Delica, bought in 91, I think), liked it so much I bought another when I lost it (then found it two weeks later)
I've got a PE Atlantic Salt, and I'm looking at getting a Bob T Slippit.
Hector Castro

Post by Hector Castro »

I opened an envelope, set the knife in my lap and read the contents. Leaned forward, and it cut a hole in my new blue jeans. (Why again do I have to make these so sharp)
noddy

Post by noddy »

Has your voice got any higher since, Hector? :D :D
Hector Castro

Post by Hector Castro »

noddy wrote:Has your voice got any higher since, Hector? :D :D
I am still 100% everything intact.
jenko

Post by jenko »

Got my tasman salt yesterday, been needing (wanting) it lately for the hawkbill to try it out. Tied a lanyard and took it to work...

Started the day with a few irrigation trickle blow outs, fixed. Had to spray some fungicides for a few hours - opened a few bags of chemical to mix up. Fixed sprayer lines (replaced 2). Sorted out some prelim bird netting repairs ready for the season (with nylon braid and bailing twine), and dropped some fruit (diseased) on the ground. Pretty average day.

Inclusive of the above, scored 2 spyder bites, but both superficial. That hawk bill takes some getting use to and that tip is nasty, but will (it is) become my EDC at work for the next couple of months (till late April at least when I swap it for the Pacific). On the upside, it performed like a trooper, work mates were in awe, and it doesn't rust with the chemicals/water it's constantly exposed to.
GAMBIT61

Post by GAMBIT61 »

I cut up about 25 cardboard boxes with my SE Mariner. Like a hot knife slicing butter. :)
Jazz

Post by Jazz »

All with a new Hawkbill Ladybug, I peeled a couple of oranges, opened a new toothbrush clampack, and incorporated it in wrapping my wife's presents. Very handy little knife - and sharp - I'm glad I was able to score a couple. :)

- best wishes, Jazz.
EarthDog

Post by EarthDog »

Light duty.

Trimmed an Irish penant with my D4.

:o
EarthDog
tonydahose

Post by tonydahose »

opened up a box full of purpleheart wood. i am going to try my hand at modding a few knives :eek:
My knives
v8r

Post by v8r »

Got my H1 Mariner today, and cut open a box,cut a couple of valve stems,dropped it accidentaly(ahhhhhh),reshaped the tip to a point, cut a onion up,cut open a package of hamburger meat, and cut a UPC code off a package.All happened today. :o
V8R

Opinions are like belly buttons most people have one:p