Caly 3... What do you think?

A place to list and reference all Spyderco counterfeits, clones, and replicas that are found. Anything that isn't a legitimate Spyderco fits in this area.
cosmo7809

Caly 3... What do you think?

Post by cosmo7809 »

Come Join Us Click Here
Pneumothorax

Post by Pneumothorax »

Depends how much you value/like the etching and wooden box. You can get the Caly 3 SE for much less without those things. I dont have any etched blade Spydies (missed out on the Forum knife due to travel...), but I just as soon not have any etching to get messed up when the knife is used, but thats just me. I dont have any collectors and try to rotate all my knives.
2011: G10 Dragonfly ^ Breeden Rescue ^ Bug ^ Honeybee ^ Centofante 3 ^ Woodcraft Mule ^SFO Visit Buys = Frn Stretch & Native 4 CF!! ^ Salt 1 ^ Burgundy Calypso ZDP-189 ^ Walker Blue Almite ^ Native 5 ^ Squeak ^ Chaparral ^ Urban Olive Green ^ STREET BEAT!!...
2012: Caly Jr (vintage/NIB!), SS Navigator-fave LBK of all time, Jester, Orange Dodo, CS Orange PM2,Techno, Bradley! AIR!!
supmonkeyface

Post by supmonkeyface »

I think we've seen this before, and came to the conclusion it was a real caly with aftermarket etching and box.
T-Mag (awesome), PE Endura Wave, PE FRN Dragonfly, SE Delica4 FG, PE Manix FG, Lava, Swick-(2009), SE Blue Do-Do, Karambit, SE Para-Military, SE Micarta Spot, Bug, Hossom Forester, 2009 Forum Native, Spyderhawk Salt SE
clovisc

Post by clovisc »

i think that's the ugliest thing i've ever seen on a blade!
:spyder: :spyder: :spyder:
bohica1998

Post by bohica1998 »

Wow, that is pretty bad. The last pic makes it look as if it was done in crayon or magic marker.
18 :bug-red 's and counting so far... :winking-tongue
Current Inventory: C14SBK Rescue SE - C14SBL Rescue SE - C14PBK Rescue FG PE - C14SBK Rescue FG SE - C10PSGRWBK Endura USN CE Emerson Opener/Black Blade - LBK3HB Ladybug Hawkbill SE - C12SGY Matriarch SE G10 modded - C78PSBK Native 3 SE - C78PBK Native 3 PE - C41SBK Native 4 SE - C41PBBK Native 4 Black Blade PE - C41PSBBK Native 4 Black Blade SE - C77PYL SpyderHawk H1 PE - C106PYL Tasman Salt PE - C122GP Tenacious SE - BY22SBK Meadowlark Hawkbill SE - LGRP3HB USN Ladybug Hawkbill PE - LGRS3HB USN Ladybug Hawkbill SE
Sam Vimes

Post by Sam Vimes »

supmonkeyface wrote:I think we've seen this before, and came to the conclusion it was a real caly with aftermarket etching and box.
I can't open the Ebay link but I suspect I know what it is anyway.
Have a look here. ;)
The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

You are correct Sam, definite case of "SSDD". :D
Paul
My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Spydiewiki
Deplorable :p
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!