customer service

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
chodgdon

customer service

Post by chodgdon »

I have a military model that had blade play front to back and side to side. I sent my knife in for repairs and after 2 weeks I received a package yesterday and in it was a brand new military knife, and my 5.00 dollar check was enclosed with it. How's is that for great customer service? I will be sure to tell all my knife friends about this. Thanks again Spyderco.
RIOT

Post by RIOT »

thats as good as customer service gets, the only company i know thatll do that nowadays
krazichinaman

Post by krazichinaman »

Yeah Spyderco has awesome customer service. They did the same thing when I sent in a d4w for locking problems. Sent back my check stapled to an explination of what was going on. :D
________
*** XXX
________
Live sex webshows
jzmtl

Post by jzmtl »

Count yourself lucky, I sent in mine with liner lock play and got it back in exactly the same condition.

I got rid of the knife not long after.
Blerv

Post by Blerv »

jzmtl wrote:Count yourself lucky, I sent in mine with liner lock play and got it back in exactly the same condition.

I got rid of the knife not long after.
I am not trying to pick at you, but are you saying there are more Military's that have blade/lock play than those that don't?

I don't have a Mil but my Captain locks up like a tank in all directions. I would think the Mil would be even more robust.
jzmtl

Post by jzmtl »

Blerv wrote:I am not trying to pick at you, but are you saying there are more Military's that have blade/lock play than those that don't?

I don't have a Mil but my Captain locks up like a tank in all directions. I would think the Mil would be even more robust.
I don't have enough military to say that. I was refering to that he got it fixed rather than waste $5 only to get it back as is. On mine the liner lock slides across tang towards unlocking position when blade is under static pressure.
Blerv

Post by Blerv »

Very strange. Sorry to hear that. :(
tenaciousj

Post by tenaciousj »

i had exactly the same issue with a Millie (lock slides under static pressure), sent it in and was told that it was perfectly safe. i really didnt like it so i too sold mine( to someone that wasnt bothered by it, yes i fully disclosed my concerns and he was cool with it). i later bought another because i really liked the first one and couldnt get over it. i called New Graham and told them of my problem/concern and they HANDPICKED one for me that locks up solid as a rock(awesome store, cant recommed them highly enough). anyway so yeah some Millies lock up better than others so know this before purchase and deal with an online store with a fantastic return policy! personally i was not alright at all with any vertical blade play or lock movement on a liner lock.
jzmtl

Post by jzmtl »

They actually told you that eh? I got a generic letter that goes something like "we cleaned and corrected your knife to the best of our abilities..." without mentioning the problem at all, even thou I explained the problem as clear as it gets in letter to them. At least they followed my instruction of don't sharpen it, lol.