Blade Show 2007 in Georgia

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
Rex G

Blade Show 2007 in Georgia

Post by Rex G »

Anyone else here planning to go to Blade? Of course, I am sure there will be a Spyderco Booth. My son, who just turned 21, wants to go, so that seals the deal, Good Lord willin' and the creek dont' rise. :)
Civilians, Dodo, Guntings, Mili, P'kal, Rescues, Ronins, Temperance, others...

Have Colt, will travel.
xdrewsiferx

Post by xdrewsiferx »

I am going to be there. I got jet tickets, room, and everything ready. Last year was my first BLADE SHOW Atlanta and I can not wait to go again. I just need to remember to bring more money this year for personal spending and for drinks in the Pit.
Some people are like a Slinky...not really good for anything, but you still can't help but smile when you see one tumble down the stairs. http://www.bladeconnection.com
TheKnifeCollector

Post by TheKnifeCollector »

I am hoping to go this year. Last year was MY first year too!! It was a blast.
"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."
fellyjr

Post by fellyjr »

xdrewsiferx wrote:I am going to be there. I got jet tickets, room, and everything ready. Last year was my first BLADE SHOW Atlanta and I can not wait to go again. I just need to remember to bring more money this year for personal spending and for drinks in the Pit.
Just curious, roughly how much did it run you for the plane and room? I'm assuming you will be leaving Seatac?
Hillbillenigma

Post by Hillbillenigma »

I WILL definately be there Friday and Saturday - maybe Sunday if I have any Money left.

Hey Felly,

I may drive back and forth from my Ranch (approx 2 1/2 hours) each day (saving my Money for Knives) so if you want to hang at my place you are welcome. You just have to be ready for the Rooster to wake you up. :D
fellyjr

Post by fellyjr »

Hillbillenigma wrote:I WILL definately be there Friday and Saturday - maybe Sunday if I have any Money left.

Hey Felly,

I may drive back and forth from my Ranch (approx 2 1/2 hours) each day (saving my Money for Knives) so if you want to hang at my place you are welcome. You just have to be ready for the Rooster to wake you up. :D
Oh no, I get so excited the night before a show it would be more like ME waking the Roosters!! ;) :D
cgjones

Post by cgjones »

Is the Spyderco crew going to be there? I thought I heard they weren't going to be there this year. But then again, I might be hearing things.
Carson
Darkfin

Check out Travelocity package deals

Post by Darkfin »

There isn’t any symbolism. The sea is the sea. The old man is an old man. The boy is a boy and the fish is a fish. The shark are all sharks no better and no worse. All the symbolism that people say is ****.
~Ernest Hemingway (describing The Old Man and the Sea)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Darkfin

Felly, check out Travelocity package deals

Post by Darkfin »

Per my earlier post

http://spyderco.com/forums/showpost.php ... stcount=25

There is a 50/50 chance for me to be there.
There isn’t any symbolism. The sea is the sea. The old man is an old man. The boy is a boy and the fish is a fish. The shark are all sharks no better and no worse. All the symbolism that people say is ****.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
xdrewsiferx

Post by xdrewsiferx »

fellyjr wrote:Just curious, roughly how much did it run you for the plane and room? I'm assuming you will be leaving Seatac?
I have had everything booked for 5 months already, so my numbers are going to be very diffrent from yours.
Some people are like a Slinky...not really good for anything, but you still can't help but smile when you see one tumble down the stairs. http://www.bladeconnection.com
fellyjr

Post by fellyjr »

Darkfin wrote:Per my earlier post

http://spyderco.com/forums/showpost.php ... stcount=25

There is a 50/50 chance for me to be there.
Thanks DF! ;)
TazKristi

Post by TazKristi »

cgjones wrote:Is the Spyderco crew going to be there? I thought I heard they weren't going to be there this year. But then again, I might be hearing things.
We'll be there.

Taz
There is nothing more important than this one day.
Halfneck

Post by Halfneck »

I have not missed BLADE since it first came to Atlanta. The closer it gets, the more I feel like a kid around Christmas time. I am lucky in that it is only a hour & a half drive from my house. Of course my usual plan is to stay at my friend's house who lives 20 minutes away. I basically take Fri to Sun off from work and go everyday from noon to close.

Can you tell I'm excited?
"A Delica is still a better weapon than a keyboard and a sour attitude..." Michael Janich
Darkfin

BTW, I may be able to help...

Post by Darkfin »

If anyone has questions about the area around the BLADE Show, is looking for interesting local places to eat or shop, or is interested in what to do in Atlanta in general, please don't hesitate to email me. I used to live about 1 mile south of the BLADE show location on the same road (US 41, aka. Cobb Parkway), and lived in various locations in Metro Atlanta (none more than 10 miles from the show) for more than 10 years.

Atlanta is both the 3rd ranked location for Conventions and the 3rd ranked location for Adult Entertainment in the USA, and is probably the Country's best bargain for an 'all-out' Urban vacation based on relative cost of lodging, Food, Entertainment, and Airfare (Hartsfield Airport is the world's busiest, leading to some great bargains).

I hope the above links help someone! Perhaps some SF members will be able to meet there.

Cheers!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
JspyEDC

Post by JspyEDC »

Will be there Fri and Sat, and looking forward to it.
Spyderco Collector #162
rs2

Post by rs2 »

I will be there! My first Blade.
Ron
aka RSS1911
The Mastiff

Post by The Mastiff »

Code: Select all

for Adult Entertainment in 
When I was in my late 20ties my brother and I took my 88 year old grandfather to Cheetah III thinking we'd have a laugh. It turned into a memorable event when he and a great uncle ( about 70ish) got so rowdy they got us kicked out.

All the girls thought the old guys were so cute, untill they got close. My brother and I were like baby sitters/lawyers handing out money to get those old coots out of trouble. I've never had to apologize so much in my life.

We never did anything like that again. Live and learn. Never underestimate anybody. :D Joe
"A Mastiff is to a dog what a Lion is to a housecat. He stands alone and all others sink before him. His courage does not exceed temper and generosity, and in attachment he equals the kindest of his race" Cynographia Britannic 1800

"Unless you're the lead dog the view is pretty much gonna stay the same!"
TheKnifeCollector

Post by TheKnifeCollector »

I can't go to Blade this year. I just found out yesterday. That is a bummer.
"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."
JspyEDC

Post by JspyEDC »

Darkfin wrote:If anyone has questions about the area around the BLADE Show, is looking for interesting local places to eat or shop, or is interested in what to do in Atlanta in general, please don't hesitate to email me. I used to live about 1 mile south of the BLADE show location on the same road (US 41, aka. Cobb Parkway), and lived in various locations in Metro Atlanta (none more than 10 miles from the show) for more than 10 years.

Atlanta is both the 3rd ranked location for Conventions and the 3rd ranked location for Adult Entertainment in the USA, and is probably the Country's best bargain for an 'all-out' Urban vacation based on relative cost of lodging, Food, Entertainment, and Airfare (Hartsfield Airport is the world's busiest, leading to some great bargains).

I hope the above links help someone! Perhaps some SF members will be able to meet there.

Cheers!
Hey Lee,

You are a Dixie boy.... There won't be any adult entertainment for me, since Mrs. JspyEDC is accompanying me on the trip.. BUT, how far from BLADE is the VARSITY? I've always heard great things about that place. Thanks!!
Spyderco Collector #162
Halfneck

Post by Halfneck »

JspyEDC wrote:Hey Lee,

You are a Dixie boy.... There won't be any adult entertainment for me, since Mrs. JspyEDC is accompanying me on the trip.. BUT, how far from BLADE is the VARSITY? I've always heard great things about that place. Thanks!!

The Varsity is probably 15-20 minutes further south on 75. Can't remember the exit though.
"A Delica is still a better weapon than a keyboard and a sour attitude..." Michael Janich