Favorite place to buy Spyderco?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
OutofGum

Post by OutofGum »

skcusloa wrote:soonerstateknives.com

By telling you this I have less of a chance to get the limited runs from them, but I'd like them to make more money. I bought 2 zdp delicas without even pre ordering. 75 shipped plus sales tax... **** you oklahoma. If I order monday night, my knife gets here Wedensday.

I bought my first few on ebay.
SSknives do a very brisk business on ebay. It seems like they've taken the zdp delicas off their site, and put them up for auction. So the search continues.
To the pessimist the glass is half empty, to the optimist the glass is half full, to the engineer its twice as big as it needs to be.
Blades

Post by Blades »

I have one place I like to get my Spydie's from. I use to mention it all the time, but it kinda upset some people. Oh well. I was just trying to help my fellow Spydie knuts find the knives they are looking for. By the way, they still have a peel-ply CF Military sitting on the shelf if any one is looking for one. I thought those were all sold months ago.

Blades
--Jason--
Puyallupknifegu

Post by Puyallupknifegu »

Thanks everyone for all the participation! And for the great links!
Don't worry, you won't be competing with me for any Spydies this summer...
I just bought my wife a laptop and promised that I won't buy any more knives (*sniff*) until September... :( Going to pay off her new toy first...
I can't wait for the Bob Lum Chinese folder!!
And of course, you're Lava, Daywalker! :D
God bless!
-Puyalluknifeguy-

Si Vis Pacem Para bellum
Vincent

Post by Vincent »

Knifecenter is the best of the best. I dont even think anybody can compete with there quality.
gordonk

Post by gordonk »

Up here, I've been getting Spydie stuff from where ever I can get it :D

Online - sworddepot, knifezone for the most part.

Locally - Cutting Edge, Target Knives mostly.

- gord
LeconsLaNuit

incognito shopping

Post by LeconsLaNuit »

Just had to breeze this thread to see if anyone had bought from WalMart ... :rolleyes: We dropped by there for entertainment value—and the name Spyderco was clearly not in the knife counter worker's vocabulary. Oh, and no buys there (at that time it was Native or nothing from WM) and it was 'nothing.'
If I had to choose between a laptop and a J.K.Chinook, I'd go for the latter...
dogrunner

Post by dogrunner »

NGK too. They're the best. But I've also had good service & price from Knife Outlet.
Slick

Post by Slick »

A question.

There are a few retailers selling a Spydies locally. Most have only a few to choose from. I am not really looking for the "few". I would support a brick and motor store if there were one. Several stores sell my favorite maker but local selection is very limited.

The Spyderco website doesn't list any dealers close to me. ...Actually they list one who has only a few Spydies in store.

If there were more dealers outside of big cities I'd see and handle more/buy more Spyderco knives.

NGK has been the best of my Spyderco experiences. I think I'll order another Spydie just to interact with the lovely Mary Beth. :) :) :)
EricJohn

Post by EricJohn »

If you're looking for the utmost in "gotta-have-it rare discontinued knives," look no further than:

http://www.countryknives.com

Their service was top-notch but be prepared to pay!!!

You want rare: How about a LH CF PE Civilian?!!!

-John
"He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man." - Dr. Johnson: Quoted by the Late Dr. Gonzo.
The Mastiff

Post by The Mastiff »

I agree that the knifecenter is the best. I routinely get things the next day without paying extra. I got my ZDP's there too, without a markup. I got it under Suggested retail even. Joe L.