Stretch XL SE in H2, now I get it!

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
dullmaker

Stretch XL SE in H2, now I get it!

Post by dullmaker »

I purchased the stretch XL H2 SE when DACK had it for $75 on a whim. I’m glad I did as I now understand what all the fuss is about with the SE and the model. There is a lot of blade for the handle size. I’m a plain edge kind of guy, but the SE blade seems thin, is extremely slicey and just wants to cut the heck out of anything I put in front of it. I think the Stretch XL in K390 is next for me to try.
Thanks again Spyderco.
Bruce
Wartstein

Re: Stretch XL SE in H2, now I get it!

Post by Wartstein »

dullmaker wrote:
Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:44 am
I purchased the stretch XL H2 SE when DACK had it for $75 on a whim. I’m glad I did as I now understand what all the fuss is about with the SE and the model. There is a lot of blade for the handle size. I’m a plain edge kind of guy, but the SE blade seems thin, is extremely slicey and just wants to cut the heck out of anything I put in front of it. I think the Stretch XL in K390 is next for me to try.
Thanks again Spyderco.
Bruce

Glad you found out how good SE and the Stretch family really is! :clinking-mugs
I am afraid though that there is no Stretch XL in K390.... (yet..?)
Top three going by pocket-time (update March 24):
- EDC: Endura thin red line ffg combo edge (VG10); Wayne Goddard PE (4V), Endela SE (VG10)
-Mountains/outdoors: Pac.Salt 1 SE (H1), Salt 2 SE (LC200N), and also Wayne Goddard PE (4V)
dullmaker

Post by dullmaker »

My bad. The regular K390 Stretch PE, and the K390 SE Delica are on my list.
Thanks,
Bruce
WilliamMunny

Post by WilliamMunny »

dullmaker wrote:
Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:34 am
My bad. The regular K390 Stretch PE, and the K390 SE Delica are on my list.
Thanks,
Bruce
I have the K390 Stretch but definitely fine myself grabbing for the Manix LE MagnaCut more often for some reason. Can’t put my finger on why but I might just like the Manix platform better.

Was very tempted by the Stretch XL H2 SE, great looking knife.
Endura AUS-8, Manix 2 S30V, Alcyone BD1N, PM2 Micarta Cruwear, Native 5 Maxamet (2nd), Para 3 Maxamet (2nd), Magnacut Mule, Z-Wear Mule, BBB 15V Manix 2, REC PM3 10V Satin, Dragonfly Salt 2, GB2 M4.