Anyone else talk crap about how many Mules they were going to buy? And then life caught up...

A place to share your experience with our Mule Team knives.
VeraX_Knives

Re: Anyone else talk crap about how many Mules they were going to buy? And then life caught up...

Post by VeraX_Knives »

And yeah I have a halon suppression system in my rally car that's as hidden as hidden gets. Shhh. 🤫

My contribution to global warming is not dying slowly. 😑

Sorry but meta aramids only do so much. If I'm unconscious that's a problem. Sue me!
You say E = mc² × I argue E² = m²c⁴ + p²c²
Jason Ward shockey01@gmail.com +1 412-726-8610 My Discord
Steeltoez83

Re: Anyone else talk crap about how many Mules they were going to buy? And then life caught up...

Post by Steeltoez83 »

I was never into racing cars. Just never appealed to me. Do whatever makes ya happy is the best way to live life. Hobbies are the best way to distract us enough so we are able to stay on the righteous path. Friends of mine sunk fortunes into their restoration projects all to impress others. And its my opinion they mismanaged their true job as husband/dad in the process. Im obviously the registered knife nut in the family, but that doesnt devalue the interests/hobbies of others. A co worker friend collects pennies for some odd reason. Just a hobby he started when the was young, and when he finds a gem I get to hear all about it. Doesnt make sense to me, but its not my place to judge the happiness of others.
"Nothing is built on stone; all is built on sand, but we must build as if the sand were stone."
ykspydiefan

Post by ykspydiefan »

Thanks for posting up guys. Lots to think about. Too much to read, HA!

Gotta say, I like the feeling of going fast as much as the reality of going fast. Go-carts for example, when you are low to the ground it feels faster than the same speed sitting up high in a semi truck. Anyway, all of my worst days involve going fast on a bicycle and being hit by careless people in vehicles.

Sure, when I was 17-20 we had a lot of new development. There were always neighbourhoods under construction. We would find areas with newly cut roads and freshly pressed asphalt, no street lamps or signs and race around. Never had any problems as there were already barricades and no entry signage. We did wreck cars, and get injured and ate our consequences like the stupid kids we were, thinking we were men....

So, people change. Keeping my word was more important to me when I was young. Later, I understood that being responsible for the consequences of my actions was more important to me. It would be nice if every city had an open racing circuit where people could go with street cars, no rules, no nothing, drive fast and eat your own consequences. A place where everyone can go and dissipate stupid driving behaviour. Then, if you are clocked speeding around town, no fine, car impounded and the driver walks home. Keep the car 1 day for every mile over the speed limit. If a driver causes an accident and kills a person, that driver should get life in jail all of their assets seized and given to the victims family as restitution. Anyway, I ramble too.

It is un just, currently I see that people can end lives with vehicles and in the end pay a fine. Obviously, fining inappropriate driving behaviour does not work. People pay, lots of people don't pay and drive anyway. Uninsured drivers/vehicles around where I live is an epidemic. So, take the vehicle away. Get pinched running the red light, take the car and the driver walks home. Real inconvenience has a chance of changing behaviour.

The last big city I lived in, in rush hour a 20km/12.5mi commute by bus was 1.5hr, car 1hr, and bicycle 45 minutes. When people take the time to go slow, and use our internal energy, some times it is possible to go much faster than turning to technology. Until, you get hit by a careless person. Funny, semantics... I have never been hit by a car. I have been hit by a person, that person hit me with a car.

Hey, Steeltoez83 again my prayers for your family and your wife. I like what you said about hobbies. The forum is a hobby for me. And, now that it has warmed up I start using knives more. Hope to have more Mule content to come. Say? Are you Mule Team Army? Patch and all? You sure deserve it for the work you do and content you post. Thanks eh.

Hey, Jason. Not sure what to say... Too, much! People can change. When we do more with less we become more of ourselves and less of the objects that distract us. Also, I have seen enough Functional Magnetic Resonance Imaging to understand that some people have(for any number of reasons) damage in their brain. Some people are not capable of change.
Spyderco: Tenacious G10, Waterway, Para 3 Spy27, Pacific Salt H1, Catcherman, In the Mule Team Stable(Z-Max, Z-Wear, S45VN, Magnacut, SRS13/SUS405, M398, Aeb-l, 15v)
VeraX_Knives

Post by VeraX_Knives »

ykspydiefan wrote:
Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:45 pm
Thanks for posting up guys. Lots to think about. Too much to read, HA!

Gotta say, I like the feeling of going fast as much as the reality of going fast. Go-carts for example, when you are low to the ground it feels faster than the same speed sitting up high in a semi truck. Anyway, all of my worst days involve going fast on a bicycle and being hit by careless people in vehicles.

Sure, when I was 17-20 we had a lot of new development. There were always neighbourhoods under construction. We would find areas with newly cut roads and freshly pressed asphalt, no street lamps or signs and race around. Never had any problems as there were already barricades and no entry signage. We did wreck cars, and get injured and ate our consequences like the stupid kids we were, thinking we were men....

So, people change. Keeping my word was more important to me when I was young. Later, I understood that being responsible for the consequences of my actions was more important to me. It would be nice if every city had an open racing circuit where people could go with street cars, no rules, no nothing, drive fast and eat your own consequences. A place where everyone can go and dissipate stupid driving behaviour. Then, if you are clocked speeding around town, no fine, car impounded and the driver walks home. Keep the car 1 day for every mile over the speed limit. If a driver causes an accident and kills a person, that driver should get life in jail all of their assets seized and given to the victims family as restitution. Anyway, I ramble too.

It is un just, currently I see that people can end lives with vehicles and in the end pay a fine. Obviously, fining inappropriate driving behaviour does not work. People pay, lots of people don't pay and drive anyway. Uninsured drivers/vehicles around where I live is an epidemic. So, take the vehicle away. Get pinched running the red light, take the car and the driver walks home. Real inconvenience has a chance of changing behaviour.

The last big city I lived in, in rush hour a 20km/12.5mi commute by bus was 1.5hr, car 1hr, and bicycle 45 minutes. When people take the time to go slow, and use our internal energy, some times it is possible to go much faster than turning to technology. Until, you get hit by a careless person. Funny, semantics... I have never been hit by a car. I have been hit by a person, that person hit me with a car.

Hey, Steeltoez83 again my prayers for your family and your wife. I like what you said about hobbies. The forum is a hobby for me. And, now that it has warmed up I start using knives more. Hope to have more Mule content to come. Say? Are you Mule Team Army? Patch and all? You sure deserve it for the work you do and content you post. Thanks eh.

Hey, Jason. Not sure what to say... Too, much! People can change. When we do more with less we become more of ourselves and less of the objects that distract us. Also, I have seen enough Functional Magnetic Resonance Imaging to understand that some people have(for any number of reasons) damage in their brain. Some people are not capable of change.
Well holy cow. So ya I rode pedal bikes also before I could drive and I've wanted to get an fmri done for the longest time lmfao! I'm hella jealous there. We'd get along in real life I can tell already lol. And people don't understand what I mean when I say that about being in an SUV vs a car and perception of speed. I don't honestly know how they don't know that it's.. rather blatant.

Yeah Steel, I know I am definitely considered an adrenaline junkie if you are crazy enough to get shot at intentionally to see if you can tell where the rounds are coming from, that's me lol. Training. I dry fire practice weekly with ammo prices usually only shoot like once every 3 months usually cause I have nobody else to go with.

And for me I guess with the people and whatnot I just.. I stick with philosophy lol. I know that I could do the same thing in a similar situation like if I was.. not sober driving and hit someone where I knew there was no cameras nowitnesses or anything like that and I knew they were dead? Yes my mind would think about it. I know it would. Now I really don't see me taking off but I'm not stupid enough to predict my own future behavior life just doesn't work like that unfortunately. In my personal opinion - if that guy had any parenting or self worth - he would have stopped. I don't really understand how you can not do that one if you were actually sober. That's all I could say in a legal court of law, which I'd never actually say unless I .. didn't know how the law works which would then easily get me to say that under cross exam.

You never speak first. Legal stuff never talk. Not even if you're completely innocent (unless you get convicted then ya okay start speaking lol). My non qualified legal advice from being around the bullshit lol.

This is how we all deal with the other stresses of life, I do it because I have the equipment to and I like testing and comparing things so that in my mind I have references for certain things. I gotta say that I learned to drive on Richard Burns Rally, a rather well known pretty good simulator for driving.. fia group A class rally cars. So before all the movies with the people who have become sponsored (😩) the downfall of motorsports IMO, yeah I can honestly say that's how I learned what I do. I went pretty serious at first but to actually.. get somewhere I would have needed sponsorship which they are constantly changing the rules on so I never intended to get like a fia license for WRC I unfortunately don't have the millions of dollars that it would take to support such a feat even back when it was rally America, it's 120k for Vermont sports car to modify it and certify everything. That's one car for the entire season with a team of me and friends that were not.. necessarily knowledgeable about cars lol. No work well. It's the best money I've ever spent however and I know in my heart I truly do believe that also lol. But as you mentioned we take certain precautions knowing that... Driving at 100% of your ability you will crash out lol it's not an if it's a when.. unless you're a really horrible driver. I normally scream 'do it on a track' but. This truck guy I can't exactly pull that one out with (id need to see the truck ha). Seems more like.. if I had to guess prescription drug related to me honestly. ****** horrible regardless no real point in *****ing about it it's not going to change anything. The fact that we think we can change things entirely (yes I think that it works to a point with certain people) with fines jail time or laws is kinda the funniest part to me. Yeah let's try to outsmart ourselves! Uhhm. .. Dot Dot Dot.

I'll still be waiting for the answers there 👍

And I haven't gotten old enough yet to just accept it and say f it either! It's like the in between part hahaha. It's like okay if I say f it then.. I'm becoming exactly what I just despised eh? It does matter it effects people and I ain't going to pretend that it doesn't. How pertinent that is obviously changes and whatnot but that's the entire.. that's relationships with human beings lol! 😂 Something that I myself am not the best at, but I do at least try to because I get how important proper communication is and well, especially with me over the internet I know how my text comes through lol.

I guess if I could compare it I would say that I follow the Bruce McLaren philosophy rather closely. And I know 5,000,000x more about Walter rahl and Petter solberg who's.. may 07 WRC car my buddy owns.
Steeltoez83

Post by Steeltoez83 »

I am not a member of the mule team army. Kinda sounded like the Mickey Mouse Club when I first heard about it.
"Nothing is built on stone; all is built on sand, but we must build as if the sand were stone."
VeraX_Knives

Post by VeraX_Knives »

Steeltoez83 wrote:
Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:43 pm
I am not a member of the mule team army. Kinda sounded like the Mickey Mouse Club when I first heard about it.
:rofl

We would get along there sir.