Military 2 Discussion (Merged)

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
capt.carl

Re: Military 2 Discussion (Merged)

Post by capt.carl »

horzuff wrote:
Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:57 am
I wonder when the 15V will come out. Can't wait to get it to pair with my S110V Mili2 :D
Is that going to be a sprint or regular model? Definitely the one i will be getting
Buddafucco

Post by Buddafucco »

Cruwear Micarta:
American Edge... https://www.americanedgeknives.com/spyd ... -c36mpcw2/

Edit: Out of stock
Last edited by Buddafucco on Wed Apr 24, 2024 1:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
•• Beau
Buddafucco

Post by Buddafucco »

Cruwear Micarta:
River's Edge Cutlery... https://riversedgecutlery.com/products/ ... mpcw2.html

Edit: Out of stock
Last edited by Buddafucco on Tue Apr 23, 2024 3:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
•• Beau
phaust

Post by phaust »

Anyone skinny their scales yet? Mine came in today and thinking of making the move.
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

phaust wrote:
Tue Apr 23, 2024 1:07 pm
Anyone skinny their scales yet? Mine came in today and thinking of making the move.
Try RCBladeworks. MG2
MNOSD 0002 / Do more than is required of you . Patton
Nothing makes earth so spacious as to have friends at a distance; they make the latitudes and longitudes.
Henry David Thoreau
phaust

Post by phaust »

Manixguy@1994 wrote:
Tue Apr 23, 2024 1:49 pm
phaust wrote:
Tue Apr 23, 2024 1:07 pm
Try RCBladeworks. MG2
Thanks! Couldn't find an example on their site, but they have one on youtube. If anyone else is interested:

Not sure I like the flat like I do a curved skinny Para 3. Have to think about it.
horzuff

Post by horzuff »

capt.carl wrote:
Tue Apr 23, 2024 8:29 am
horzuff wrote:
I wonder when the 15V will come out. Can't wait to get it to pair with my S110V Mili2 :D
Is that going to be a sprint or regular model? Definitely the one i will be getting
Supposedly regular production :D. But time will tell in the end
Buddafucco

Post by Buddafucco »

•• Beau
ZrowsN1s

Post by ZrowsN1s »

I knew when I saw this in the reveal, it would be my first Military.

The Milie 1 didn't appeal because of lock type and clip placement. When they announced the M2 with the compression lock and 4 way clip, I knew I wanted one, but wanted something special. Saw the Crucarta and knew that was the one. This will be my first Crucarta knife as well.

Relatively speaking with inflation being what it is, good price on these.
-Matt a.k.a. Lo_Que, loadedquestions135 I ❤ The P'KAL :bug-red

"The world of edges has a small doorway in, but opens into a cavern that is both wide and deep." -sal
"Ghost hunters scope the edge." -sal
weeping minora

Post by weeping minora »

horzuff wrote:
The upcoming 15th Reveal (with the ton of 15V in it, as per Eric), hasn't been revealed yet. I'd say sometime this Summer at the earliest.
Make Knife Grinds Thin Again.
horzuff

Post by horzuff »

Oh, yeah, I forgot it was not an official reveal :grimace though those were production samples on the Amsterdam Meet, right? RIGHT? :grin-sweat
phaust

Post by phaust »

Decided to take mine apart and customize it. Replaced the detent with a ceramic one (2mm like every other Colorado comp lock model), skinnied it, and modified the front choil to not have the pointy g10 towards the front (I always do this, it opens up room for the tip of your index finger so is much more comfortable without needing any other design change--though an extra line or two of jimping would work), then went a little further on the middle part to make it front flippable (works as good as a Para 3). It's sitting letting the loctite cure fully, but it felt nicer in my hand just holding it.

I took pics of the internals for anyone who wanted to see. It's really no different than a PM2 or Para 3 though. I did notice the pivot area had a little burr like some folks have had trouble with particularly on the Shaman to cause play, but it doesn't affect this knife at all.

The marks on the liners aren't as obvious as are in the picture below. I didn't notice them until I took the picture.

Picture of the burr

Stepped ramp like other Golden comp locks

How much I took off to remove the belly of the handles

Finished product closed

Finished product open
Drubieg

Post by Drubieg »

phaust wrote:
Thu Apr 25, 2024 12:02 pm
Decided to take mine apart and customize it. Replaced the detent with a ceramic one (2mm like every other Colorado comp lock model), skinnied it, and modified the front choil to not have the pointy g10 towards the front (I always do this, it opens up room for the tip of your index finger so is much more comfortable without needing any other design change--though an extra line or two of jimping would work), then went a little further on the middle part to make it front flippable (works as good as a Para 3). It's sitting letting the loctite cure fully, but it felt nicer in my hand just holding it.

I took pics of the internals for anyone who wanted to see. It's really no different than a PM2 or Para 3 though. I did notice the pivot area had a little burr like some folks have had trouble with particularly on the Shaman to cause play, but it doesn't affect this knife at all.
Nice work dude! I love mods. How’s the ceramic detent feel comparatively?
phaust

Post by phaust »

Drubieg wrote:
Thu Apr 25, 2024 3:20 pm
phaust wrote:
Thu Apr 25, 2024 12:02 pm

Nice work dude! I love mods. How’s the ceramic detent feel comparatively?
Appreciate that!

Honestly I don't think I can tell the difference in this particular case. In the past after replacing an older steel one for sure you can tell it's smoother, but either because the steel detent wasn't flattened out yet or because the knife overall needs breaking in still, I couldn't notice a difference. I do recommend it though, and it's super easy to do.
cabfrank

Post by cabfrank »

Great work!
ZrowsN1s

Post by ZrowsN1s »

Crucarta

"The world of edges has a small doorway in, but opens into a cavern that is both wide and deep." -sal
ZrowsN1s

Post by ZrowsN1s »

I just noticed the Micarta kinda smells like a burnt clutch or electrical fire😆 I don't know that I've ever noticed that on my other Micarta knives.

Buddafucco

Post by Buddafucco »

ZrowsN1s wrote:
Thu Apr 25, 2024 5:21 pm
I just noticed the Micarta kinda smells like a burnt clutch or electrical fire😆 I don't know that I've ever noticed that on my other Micarta knives.

They all stink. But it diminishes over time. :grin-sweat
•• Beau
hplovecrafter

Post by hplovecrafter »

hello everyone. I'm brand new to Spyderco and to the forum, and I just purchased a Military 2 in Crucarta. I want to put a black pocket clip on it, and I'm not doing well with the "Search" function on the forum so I apologize if this is in the wrong spot....but can anyone tell me which pocket clips will be compatible with the M2?
I got my first Military 2 (satin/S30V) three days ago and LOVE IT but I just don't like shiny pocket clips..so if anyone can tell me if the PM2 clips fit it or any others I'd really appreciate it. many thanks
Michael Janich

Post by Michael Janich »

Dear hplovecrafter:

Welcome to the Spyderco Forum.

Yes, the Para Military 2 clip is the same as the one used on the Military 2.

Stay safe,

Mike