My SE Endura wharnie project.

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Drubieg

Re: My SE Endura wharnie project.

Post by Drubieg »

Striple765Rider wrote:
Mon Jan 22, 2024 6:25 pm
I put the scales on with the black hardware and honestly didn’t like it. It made the action horribly stiff and I just didn’t like the look either. It didn’t comer out like I had in my mind so I just put it back to all black. Plus the clip screws won’t reach the liners with the micarta scales. So I couldn’t put the clip back on either so it was just a huge waste of time and money.
Dang sorry that sucks! Can you get longer clip screws at least?
Striple765Rider

Post by Striple765Rider »

I can but I just didn’t even like the look so it really bummed me out. I threw it in a drawer and I’m moving on.
Delica VG-10, Endura ZDP-189, Stretch 2 SS K390, Matriarch 2 VG-10, Para 3 LW BD1N, Para 2 CruCarta, Para 2 MaxaMet, Yojimbo 2 S30V, Manix 2 S30V, Knife Joy Manix 2 in 20CV, Teal Para 2 in S90V, Bade HQ Manix 2 Mint with M4, Blade HQ Shaman Micarta with M4, Mule in 15V, Delica in super blue/SUS410, Blade HQ Para 2 Natural Jade with satin M4, REC “Avocado” Para 2 204P, GPK White with DLC Rex 45, Knifejoy exclusive SpydieChef, Techno2, Caribbean sheepsfoot with dyed scales, cutlery shoppe orange/black DLC HXP wharncliffe Para 2, Endura VG10 SE wharncliffe project knife and a Bill Moran drop point in VG-10.

-Dave
Drubieg

Post by Drubieg »

Bummer.
sal

Post by sal »

Hi Dave,

I must say that I've done that many times. So "Moving on" just means you'll do better the next time. Some examples; The Stretch 2 XL I've been refining over and over since 1984. The Swick took 22 ears and numerous versions to get it to where I was satisfied.

"Never give up, Never back down, Never back up".

sal
Striple765Rider

Post by Striple765Rider »

sal wrote:
Tue Jan 23, 2024 6:40 pm
Hi Dave,

I must say that I've done that many times. So "Moving on" just means you'll do better the next time. Some examples; The Stretch 2 XL I've been refining over and over since 1984. The Swick took 22 ears and numerous versions to get it to where I was satisfied.

"Never give up, Never back down, Never back up".

sal
Thank you Sal! You’re a legend though! You’ve made some of the greatest knives ever from scratch. I’m just a hobbyist messing around. 😂 I honestly think I might try another set of scales but just something darker. Like a deep red/burgundy or a dark grey/lighter black. It’s really a great knife though. It just kinda bummed me out that it didn’t turn out like I had in my head.
Delica VG-10, Endura ZDP-189, Stretch 2 SS K390, Matriarch 2 VG-10, Para 3 LW BD1N, Para 2 CruCarta, Para 2 MaxaMet, Yojimbo 2 S30V, Manix 2 S30V, Knife Joy Manix 2 in 20CV, Teal Para 2 in S90V, Bade HQ Manix 2 Mint with M4, Blade HQ Shaman Micarta with M4, Mule in 15V, Delica in super blue/SUS410, Blade HQ Para 2 Natural Jade with satin M4, REC “Avocado” Para 2 204P, GPK White with DLC Rex 45, Knifejoy exclusive SpydieChef, Techno2, Caribbean sheepsfoot with dyed scales, cutlery shoppe orange/black DLC HXP wharncliffe Para 2, Endura VG10 SE wharncliffe project knife and a Bill Moran drop point in VG-10.

-Dave