Ebay Rubicon 10+ available

A place to list and reference all Spyderco counterfeits, clones, and replicas that are found. Anything that isn't a legitimate Spyderco fits in this area.
riclaw

Ebay Rubicon 10+ available

Post by riclaw »

Legit? Seems unlikely to be so many for sale from one vendor and at $169.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/126097155394?h ... BMsprHmtVi
- Richard
Ramonade

Re: Ebay Rubicon 10+ available

Post by Ramonade »

Fake, I'm 99% sure this knife does not exist with G10 scales.
And the price would be way too good for eBay!
:respect In the collection :respect : Lots of different steels, in lots of different (and same) Spydercos.

Robin. Finally made an IG : ramo_knives

MNOSD member 004* aka Mr. N5s :face-clouds
riclaw

Post by riclaw »

Thanks. I'll stick to known distributors. But it comes with a signed Certificate of Authenticity. :woozy
- Richard
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

Knife shown right hand tip up only . it should be CF and come in a pouch . Second variant in box was lefty / righty . Definitely a fake .
MNOSD 0002 / Do more than is required of you . Patton
Nothing makes earth so spacious as to have friends at a distance; they make the latitudes and longitudes.
Henry David Thoreau
Dnwrghtsr

Post by Dnwrghtsr »

I reported it but it was still up yesterday.
Lc200n, s90v, magnacut, 20v, 204p, cruwear, s110v, 15v, cts-xhp
chrisinohio

I’m the schmuck who bought it.

Post by chrisinohio »

Realized it was fake after seeing it was never made with G10. I figured it was either used or a factory second, hence the low price.

Received it and saw the poor fit and finish, including a giant burr on the inside of the lock. Emailed spyderco and ask their opinion. Contacted the seller after receiving reply from Spyderco that they believed it to be counterfeit. Seller replied, suggesting that I was lying. Submitted a copy of the email from spyderco along with the photographs. Seller said spyderco was just saying it was fake to make me look “retarded“.

Returned it and requested a refund. Seller refunded -10% “restocking“. Seller has since relisted it. Waiting for the refund to clear and plan on leaving him negative feedback.

Of note, it did not come with the ridiculous certificate of authenticity pictured in the auction.
Michael Janich

Post by Michael Janich »

Dear chrisinohio:

Welcome to the Spyderco Forum.

Stay safe,

Mike
chrisinohio

Post by chrisinohio »

Thanks Mike.

I’ve had Spydercos since the late 80s. I should have known better.

That being said, stuff happens.

The seller was belligerent from the get go. He ended up calling me names in messages and refusing to refund the 10%. He also insisted the knife was real to the end.

Ebay refunded the rest of my money and removed the relisted item. But they also removed the negative feedback I left him.

When he relisted the knife, he added a 25% restocking fee to the description Image
Michael Janich wrote:
Tue Oct 03, 2023 6:59 am
Dear chrisinohio:

Stay safe,

Mike
riclaw

Post by riclaw »

chrisinohio wrote:
Wed Oct 04, 2023 10:56 am
Thanks Mike.

The seller was belligerent from the get go. He ended up calling me names in messages and refusing to refund the 10%. He also insisted the knife was real to the end.

Ebay refunded the rest of my money and removed the relisted item. But they also removed the negative feedback I left him.

When he relisted the knife, he added a 25% restocking fee to the description Image
Michael Janich wrote:
Dear chrisinohio:

Stay safe,

Mike
Hi Chris,

Thanks for your response. I'm sorry to hear about your experience. I've learned that eBay's feedback is not to be trusted. They do all they can to remove any negative feedback; it's how dealers can have 100k+ sales and still retain a 99% positive rating.

You may already know, but all seconds have a small notch ground into the spine above the Spydiehole.
- Richard
chrisinohio

Post by chrisinohio »

Thanks Richard.

Yes, I recently learned how to identify factory seconds.

You’re right about their feedback policy on eBay. However, this guy now has two hard negatives, one for “being rude“ and one for selling a fake spyderco. He hasn’t had anything listed in a couple of weeks now.

he was obviously taking advantage of people and knew that all these knives were fake. That’s the kind of seller I can’t stand. I always give people a pass if they’ve been duped as well, but I hate these predators, taking advantage of people to steal their hard earned money.
riclaw wrote:
Wed Oct 04, 2023 6:28 pm
chrisinohio wrote:
Wed Oct 04, 2023 10:56 am
Thanks Mike.

Michael Janich wrote:
Dear chrisinohio:

Stay safe,

Mike
Hi Chris,

Thanks for your response. I'm sorry to hear about your experience. I've learned that eBay's feedback is not to be trusted. They do all they can to remove any negative feedback; it's how dealers can have 100k+ sales and still retain a 99% positive rating.

You may already know, but all seconds have a small notch ground into the spine above the Spydiehole.