Native 5 Salt CPM-Magnacut Plain Blade-any idea when shipping?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Ramonade

Re: Native 5 Salt CPM-Magnacut Plain Blade-any idea when shipping?

Post by Ramonade »

Araignee wrote:
Mon Oct 02, 2023 4:12 pm
Ramonade wrote:
Wed Sep 27, 2023 4:35 am
https://www.coutellerie-tourangelle.com ... 3R_KGLcTH8

Available ;) SE version too on the website
Thanks for the heads up frère 👌
It just so happens that I had i received it a few days before your post 😏

Haven't used it much so far, but I appreciated the relatively beefy feel. The spyderhole feels awkward, though. Placed too backwards for my liking - just like the backlock notch, btw.
Ahah, this is good news then :winking-tongue
As far as the hole and lockbar placement this is due to your hand size I guess, it's a knife that is mostly made for small hands lol
:respect In the collection :respect : Lots of different steels, in lots of different (and same) Spydercos.

Robin. Finally made an IG : ramo_knives

MNOSD member 004* aka Mr. N5s :face-clouds
Araignee

Re: Native 5 Salt CPM-Magnacut Plain Blade-any idea when shipping?

Post by Araignee »

Ramonade wrote:
Tue Oct 03, 2023 4:24 am
Ahah, this is good news then :winking-tongue
As far as the hole and lockbar placement this is due to your hand size I guess, it's a knife that is mostly made for small hands lol
Actually, I prolly have smaller hands than yours :')

My reference knife remains the Chaparral, and compared to it, the Native 5's ergo are more difficult to operate for me.

The lockbar is placed further back, relative to the handle. This means that when one-hand closing the knife, I need to reposition my hand more than I'd like.

The hole sits slightly lower than one the Chaparral, owing to the lack of thumb ramp - and I came to realise how much more accessibility these couple additional millimetres afford.
This slight but not inconsequential difference, means that on the Native 5, I need more thumb gymnastics and more careful hand positioning than on the Chaparral.