Hawkbill Caribbean

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.

Are you interested in a hawkbill variation of the Spyderco Caribbean?

(1) Yes, I am very interested in a Caribbean with a FFG (full flat grind) hawkbill blade.
35%
(2) I might be interested in a hawkbill Caribbean, but I would rather have Spyderco focus on a different hawkbill model (like a Spyderhawk 2).
41%
(3) No, I am not really interested in any new hawkbill models.
24%

Total votes: 37

Coastal

Re: Hawkbill Caribbean

Post by Coastal »

sal wrote:
Mon Sep 05, 2022 9:26 pm
I have a hand made Prototype of a Caribbean Hawkbill being made for me by Roque.
sal
The coolest thing ever would be pictures of some of these awesome prototypes that occasionally pop up... Just sayin', Sal. ;)
sal

Post by sal »

Hi Coastal,

We have found, that for a variety of reasons, photos of a model more than 6 months prior to delivery ave proven to be detrimental. Sorry. The best that I can do is "hints", which is what I do.

sal
skeeg11

Post by skeeg11 »

Your hints do keep the juices flowing, tho. :winking-tongue keeps me checking this forum several times a day.
Kale

Post by Kale »

I just wish the serrated sheepsfoot version was angled similar to the Atlantic Salt or Byrd Rescue. This angle provides a subtle hawbill effect, which is really helpful for cutting rope or vegetation (landscaping, gardening, etc.). But the angle doesn't work well with the finger choil on these models, because it directs material into the choil. The Caribbean removes the finger choil, but is angled wrong (although I'm sure it's perfect for some different purpose that I'm not aware of).