Show Your Tacos Bloke Dedication Thread !

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
Bloke

Re: Show Your Tacos Bloke Dedication Thread !

Post by Bloke »

MacLaren wrote:
Thu Jun 09, 2022 7:59 am
I love it, Dan. Not too loud and no drone at all.
A day without laughter is a day wasted. ~ Charlie Chaplin
Bloke

Post by Bloke »

Doc Dan wrote:
Thu Jun 09, 2022 8:20 am
The good thing about Toyota trucks is
A day without laughter is a day wasted. ~ Charlie Chaplin
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

Bloke wrote:
Thu Jun 09, 2022 6:49 pm
Manixguy@1994 wrote:
Thu Jun 09, 2022 7:49 am
Ha ha ! First thing I drove was my Dad’s twin engine racing go kart. ….
Ah, hahaha, ah, hahaha, ah, hahaha!

When I was around a second year apprentice about 16 years old. I talked the first year apprentice into going half with me in building a Go-Kart.

We bought a frame and wheels. I can’t remember how but we ended up with a 250cc Honda motor out of an Elsinore motocross bike.

We made engine mounts, chain drive shaft, gear and clutch linkages, modified the expansion chamber to fit, cut down an old garden chair for a seat …

Anyhow, when we were done the thing flew. Another friend that was older had license and vehicle and into dirt bikes would take it out to the sand flats at Kurnell for us and nothing could catch this thing. I dread to think what the top end speed really was. I can’t remember what we did for brakes but I remember it didn’t stop too well. Ah, hahaha!
That sounds like a blast ! I know a guy in our neighborhood who is building some crazy vintage gas powered golf cart , I have seen him testing it and it will wake the dead . He also has been building a gigantic tree house in backyard for the last couple years sliding windows and a house door . I’m surrounded by crazy people ! Ha ha ! Dan
MNOSD 0002 / Do more than is required of you . Patton
Nothing makes earth so spacious as to have friends at a distance; they make the latitudes and longitudes.
Henry David Thoreau
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Bloke wrote:
Thu Jun 09, 2022 7:06 pm
MacLaren wrote:
Thu Jun 09, 2022 7:59 am
I love it, Dan. Not too loud and no drone at all.
Lol, oh man.....that awesome!!
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Bloke wrote:
Thu Jun 09, 2022 7:26 pm
Doc Dan wrote:
Bwahahaha!! .......bloke is on 🔥.... 🤣
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

This thread is hilarious 😂
I love Toyota. Bought my wife a Highlander.
My dad was the first person in our County to own a Toyota. I remember well the 77 or 78 heck, maybe even earlier than that the Corolla he had. That wasn't his first either. Those Toyotas would go forever. I also liked the VW Diesel Rabbit's. We also had a Golf Diesel
Oh man, this thread brings back some good memories.
rangefinder

Post by rangefinder »

A few years old, but still fun. (Spoiler: They can't kill it.)

https://youtu.be/xnWKz7Cthkk

https://youtu.be/xTPnIpjodA8

https://youtu.be/kFnVZXQD5_k
Doc Dan
Location: In a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity.

Post by Doc Dan »

Bloke wrote:
Thu Jun 09, 2022 7:26 pm
Doc Dan wrote:
Hahaha! I've seen non Ford and Toyota pickup trucks do that at the Silver Creek test center. The entire beds come off.
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

Follow the Christ, the King,
Live pure, speak true, right wrong, follow the King--
Else, wherefore born?" (Tennyson)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Lol, pretty funny when guys talk chit about how tough Toyota trucks are and Toyota doesn't even have a 2500 series truck. But, can't argue with em on longevity- those Toyota cars and trucks will haul the trash forever- now on the other hand when ya have serious chit to haul or work to do, those "non toyotas" have a real set a nads on em lol...... Dodge Power Wagon older and newer same with the Silverado & Sierra 2500 - they just do heavy duty work.......pretty tough words sayin non Toyota trucks are better......better at hauling trash......maybe.....
Just keepin it real...... 😉
And to that point, Toyota ain't that far ahead anymore. Some would say they are lagging a bit......especially in their Trucks......plenty a guys with either 1500 series & 2500 series, Silverados, Rams, Lariat with well over 200k miles....
Yeah, the Americans are way ahead in the truck section of autos and not far at all behind in cars
I've been a lifelong Toyota owner- 20 years ago, it may have been a different story.....but, not now.
Would be nice to see Toyota make a 2500 truck
ChrisinHove

Post by ChrisinHove »

With petrol here now at an equivalent of US $10.40 per gallon, I’m loving my Toyota Prius at 75-80mpg!
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

MacLaren wrote:
Fri Jun 10, 2022 3:28 pm
Lol, pretty funny when guys talk chit about how tough Toyota trucks are and Toyota doesn't even have a 2500 series truck. But, can't argue with em on longevity- those Toyota cars and trucks will haul the trash forever- now on the other hand when ya have serious chit to haul or work to do, those "non toyotas" have a real set a nads on em lol...... Dodge Power Wagon older and newer same with the Silverado & Sierra 2500 - they just do heavy duty work.......pretty tough words sayin non Toyota trucks are better......better at hauling trash......maybe.....
And to that point, Toyota ain't that far ahead anymore. Some would say they are lagging a bit......especially in their Trucks......plenty a guys with either 1500 series & 2500 series, Silverados, Rams, Lariat with well over 200k miles....
Yeah, the Americans are way ahead in the truck section of autos and not far at all behind in cars
I've been a lifelong Toyota owner- 20 years ago, it may have been a different story.....but, not now.
I hear ya buddy. I’ve only had one 3/4 1999 GMC Classic work truck . I needed a heavy duty 8 foot bed and served my needs at the time . I roll with my needs and comfortable with my choice. I did look at midsize GM and Ford and just couldn’t do it . They all have pluses and minuses and went with my gut feeling .
Nothing makes earth so spacious as to have friends at a distance; they make the latitudes and longitudes.
Henry David Thoreau
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

ladybug93 wrote:
Wed Jun 08, 2022 3:21 pm
Manixguy@1994 wrote:
Wed Jun 08, 2022 3:00 pm
ladybug93 wrote:
Wed Jun 08, 2022 2:38 pm
like a tacoma, but better. ;)

Bug tell us more , curious . Dan
it's an fj cruiser. it's not really a tacoma, but since it spawned this thread when i posted it in the keep thread, i needed to post it here too. to be fair though, it's built on a tacoma chassis. i like the lockable storage, but i often miss having a bed when i want to ride bikes or kayaks with the kids.
I will see if I can get one of these for you Image
Henry David Thoreau
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

ChrisinHove wrote:
Fri Jun 10, 2022 3:46 pm
With petrol here now at an equivalent of US $10.40 per gallon, I’m loving my Toyota Prius at 75-80mpg!
Makes me wish I had my '84 VW Rabbit Diesel 😃
Think it cost me $136 to fill up the other day
I've got a 36 gallon tank (I think either that or 34)
Anyways, it took 30 gallons.......
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Manixguy@1994 wrote:
Fri Jun 10, 2022 4:56 pm
MacLaren wrote:
I hear ya buddy. I’ve only had one 3/4 1999 GMC Classic work truck . I needed a heavy duty 8 foot bed and served my needs at the time . I roll with my needs and comfortable with my choice. I did look at midsize GM and Ford and just couldn’t do it . They all have pluses and minuses and went with my gut feeling .
No, I hear ya man. You nailed. They all have + & -
As far as midsized I'd be happy with a Tacoma, Ranger, Colorado- I really would.
JSumm

Post by JSumm »

MacLaren wrote:
Now just wait a minute there buddy. I don't hop on the Dodge Ram thread talking poop poop about why someone may need a Cummings Diesel to pull down a house. Or why someone needs the amazing towing package with separate camera for the hitch in their new GMC Diesel. No, I sit quietly on my small humble, yet big in spirit Taco thread knowing just how many grocery bags I can fit into the bed. And I'm not talking about those Earth destroying plastic trash. I mean the big colorfully decorated reusable bags ok? Ok?
- Jeff
May your feet be warm and dry and your throat warm with whiskey. A knife in hand or in the sock band.
MNOSD Member #0005
Doc Dan
Location: In a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity.

Post by Doc Dan »

MacLaren wrote:
Ford F250 or F350.
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

Follow the Christ, the King,
Live pure, speak true, right wrong, follow the King--
Else, wherefore born?" (Tennyson)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

ImageI did overlay on lettering and have Gear America Aluminum hitch insert with same Rhino shackle as on the front mount . I now have a locking pin installed so hitch won’t walk away . Dan
Henry David Thoreau
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

JSumm wrote:
Fri Jun 10, 2022 9:31 pm
MacLaren wrote:
Now just wait a minute there buddy. I don't hop on the Dodge Ram thread talking poop poop about why someone may need a Cummings Diesel to pull down a house. Or why someone needs the amazing towing package with separate camera for the hitch in their new GMC Diesel. No, I sit quietly on my small humble, yet big in spirit Taco thread knowing just how many grocery bags I can fit into the bed. And I'm not talking about those Earth destroying plastic trash. I mean the big colorfully decorated reusable bags ok? Ok?

LOL, I don't even knkw what to say. You got me hands bro. Game over.
I submit. Lol, that was awesome 😊
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Manixguy@1994 wrote:
Sat Jun 11, 2022 8:12 am
ImageI did overlay on lettering and have Gear America Aluminum hitch insert with same Rhino shackle as on the front mount . I now have a locking pin installed so hitch won’t walk away . Dan
Nice Dan!
I did the same thing on my Silverado - I used Putnam Stainlesa Steel letters. Did it on the front end too.
Those Tacomas are fantastic pickups.
This is the grill/front lettering. The rear is the same.
Now, if my truck was the same color as yours I would've went the same color letters you used. Your looks awesome man.
I will now depart with my non Toyota from the thread 😃
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

MacLaren wrote:
Sat Jun 11, 2022 10:37 am
Manixguy@1994 wrote:
Sat Jun 11, 2022 8:12 am
Nice Dan!
I did the same thing on my Silverado - I used Putnam Stainlesa Steel letters. Did it on the front end too.
Those Tacomas are fantastic pickups.
This is the grill/front lettering. The rear is the same.
Now, if my truck was the same color as yours I would've went the same color letters you used. Your looks awesome man.
I will now depart with my non Toyota from the thread 😃
No worries buddy ever with me . Trucks are in my blood . First vehicle I drove was a Chevy dump truck and a D4 Cat .
Henry David Thoreau