Wanting a Larger Dialex Adventura

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
spinynorman

Wanting a Larger Dialex Adventura

Post by spinynorman »

I thought the Dialex Adventura was an odd duck, until I carried and used it. I was surprised to find that it worked really well overall as an EDC, as it carries, handles and cuts really well. But as I have large hands and prefer larger knives, I was wondering...

How about a big brother version, an Adventura II, scaled up to around the size of the Stretch, with something like a 3-1/2" blade length?
Blerv

Re: Wanting a Larger Dialex Adventura

Post by Blerv »

I really liked mine too. Same construction or with some scales? I recall Alex had a bunch of different mock ups back in the day. I like the thin ss but with smooth Micarta it could be a classy carry.
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

I still have mine . My wife gifted it to me for Christmas when it was released . Designs by Dialex were very unique . I only carry mine on special occasions , a bit refined for me for daily use . I always thought an XL model with different scales in around a 3.5 inch blade would be a great idea . Times do change though and not sure how much traction this idea would get . MG2
MNOSD 0002 / Do more than is required of you . Patton
Nothing makes earth so spacious as to have friends at a distance; they make the latitudes and longitudes.
Henry David Thoreau
twinboysdad

Post by twinboysdad »

Rather have an updated Junior from Dialex
Mushroom

Post by Mushroom »

This re-design would have to come from Alex Dianescu, “Dialex,” as it was a collaboration design with him. Spyderco would not take the liberty to change the design on their own. I could see a sprint run of the original Adventura happening but a full re-design seems less likely to me.
- Nick :bug-red
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

Mushroom wrote:
Fri Mar 04, 2022 8:54 am
This re-design would have to come from Alex Dianescu, “Dialex,” as it was a collaboration design with him. Spyderco would not take the liberty to change the design on their own. I could see a sprint run of the original Adventura happening but a full re-design seems less likely to me.
I agre what we would like and reality don’t always happen . MG2
Nothing makes earth so spacious as to have friends at a distance; they make the latitudes and longitudes.
Henry David Thoreau
yablanowitz

Post by yablanowitz »

I still have mine as well, one of many reminders I keep that what you see isn't always what you get. It looked bigger in pictures than it does in my hands. A larger version would be interesting, but I'm still not big on recurves.
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

A most interesting idea!! I've said for years that the "Dialex" ADVENTURA model was one of the better RECURVES that Spyderco ever made. The Adventura and SPYKER were my two recurve favs to be sure. Where has brother Dialex been lately anyway?
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

yablanowitz wrote:
Fri Mar 04, 2022 10:21 am
I still have mine as well, one of many reminders I keep that what you see isn't always what you get. It looked bigger in pictures than it does in my hands. A larger version would be interesting, but I'm still not big on recurves.
YAB I tend to agree your statement about Recurves somewhat. I've always wanted to see one of their better RECURVES in full Spyderedge. But my ultimate pick would be the ULIZE in full SE.

But any of the RECURVE models with TEETH would be a force to be reckoned with for sure.
TomAiello

Post by TomAiello »

twinboysdad wrote:
Fri Mar 04, 2022 8:16 am
Rather have an updated Junior from Dialex
I'd love an updated Junior. In fact, all I'd really need to open my wallet is a sprint/exclusive in a high end steel.
Buddafucco

Post by Buddafucco »

I like this idea.
Dialex's website was down for a while but went back up a week or so ago. If anybody hasn't seen his designs, here you go... http://dialex.royalwebhosting.net/
•• Beau
TomAiello

Post by TomAiello »

I have never looked through his website. Lots of tacticool designs there. But I really like the looks of that Diabowique. I see that he has done a lot of tactical/military styled knives which aren't really my cup of tea, but some of his EDC style designs look amazing.
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

I posted the Adventura in What’s in Pocket that for those who may be new here on the Forum . MG2
Henry David Thoreau