I'd like to learn more

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
john row

I'd like to learn more

Post by john row »

about Eduard Bradichansky, Bob Lum, Bob Terzuola and the other knifemakers who have done knife designs we're familiar with.

I do have most of the knifemaking books (Terzoula's Folding Tactical book, etc)

Any websites with info on these gentlemen?

Thanks!

John Row

From Golden, Colorado and the knife cuts HAVE caught up to the paper cuts :)
sal

Post by sal »

Hi John. Bob T is fairly well know. He has one book out that I know of. He's considered the "Father of Tactical Knives". You might also contact Bob. He's personable, communicates well, and likes knife nuts.

The same appplies for Bob Lum. Bob T is in Santa Fe, NM and Bob Lum is in Eugene, OR.

Bob Lum designed the original "Americanized Tanto" that we've come to know as the "Tanto". Lynn Thompson (Cold Steel) first produced the model in the early 80's. All other tantos are spin offs from Bob Lum's original design.

Eduard Bradichansky is no longer with us. He was an excellent knife designer and maker and will be missed.

There are several Israelis that post on the Spyderco forum on Bladeforums. Scorpio introduced Eduard to Spyderco. Blilious and AG were also personal friends. Maybe we can get them to visit this site and post response to your question, or you can ask it on Blade forums?

sal
john row

Post by john row »

Thank you Sal.
John

From Golden, Colorado and the knife cuts HAVE caught up to the paper cuts :)