NFL Season Again

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
MacLaren

Re: NFL Season Again

Post by MacLaren »

My goodness! The Magic of Nick Foles!!!!

Lol, it ain't over yet!

The Magic.....
Last edited by MacLaren on Sun Jan 06, 2019 6:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

MacLaren wrote:
Sun Jan 06, 2019 3:52 pm
Honestly, if the Chiefs can just do what they are capable of, then they will defeat the Colts and everyone else in the AFC imo.
I really do believe the Super Bowl will be K.C. vs New Orleans.
I haven't seen a QB do so well in a pressure situation since Joe Montana was our QB ( KC Chiefs). Nick Foles just made an unbelievable play on fourth down and 2 to go and scored a TD :eek: :eek: >> Personally I think Philadelphia is nuts not to keep this guy. What the heck I wish KC could get him for a back up QB. Him & Mahomes could conceivably rule the NFL.

IF the Chiefs win this game Saturday against the Colts then I do think they will go to the big dance. I just hope that the Chiefs can catapult their defense. But as rested as they are now I do believe they could beat anybody at this point. They hype at ARROWHEAD stadium is about as intense as I've ever seen it.
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

Oh my
15 :bug-red 's in 10 different steels
1 - Bradford Guardian 3 / Vanadis 4E Wharnie
1 - Monterey Bay Knives Slayback Flipper / ZDP 189
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31/Macassar Ebony Inlays
1 - CRK Large Inkosi Insingo/ Black Micarta Inlays
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31 Insingo/Magnacut

-Rick
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

TkoK83Spy wrote:
Sun Jan 06, 2019 6:50 pm
Oh my
Oh my goodness.... :eek:
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

Was thinking Philly may have kept that last timeout. They use it, he makes the kick that doesn't count...then the "double doink" that's a terrible way to lose a playoff game.

-Rick
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

Nick Foles just pulled off another miracle. The Eagles now play New Orleans and all I can say is " I Wouldn't Bet Against Them". Nick Foles might end up being the most sought after free agent in the history of the NFL.

Also I wouldn't count Dallas out either because last night their defense was awesome. It might just be Philadelphia against Dallas in the NFC. I wouldn't have bet $5 on that happening even 2 weeks ago.

I also think that the Chargers could beat New England at their home stadium. It's getting really interesting
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

TkoK83Spy wrote:
Sun Jan 06, 2019 6:51 pm
Was thinking Philly may have kept that last timeout. They use it, he makes the kick that doesn't count...then the "double doink" that's a terrible way to lose a playoff game.
And Parkey has had so many doinks this year alone.....
I'm speechless lol...what a game!!
Big D will go to LA, and Philly to New Orleans
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

JD Spydo wrote:
Sun Jan 06, 2019 6:54 pm
Nick Foles just pulled off another miracle. The Eagles now play New Orleans and all I can say is " I Wouldn't Bet Against Them". Nick Foles might end up being the most sought after free agent in the history of the NFL.

Also I wouldn't count Dallas out either because last night their defense was awesome. It might just be Philadelphia against Dallas in the NFC. I wouldn't have bet $5 on that happening even 2 weeks ago.

I also think that the Chargers could beat New England at their home stadium. It's getting really interesting
Gonna be an awesome Divisional Series!! :D :D
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

JD may have the gist of the NFC.
Dallas vs Philadelphia for the N.F.C. would EPIC.
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

TkoK83Spy wrote:
Sun Jan 06, 2019 6:51 pm
If I had the talent to play football in the NFL that would be the last position I would want to play. It's truly heaven or **** for those poor guys who are place kickers :rolleyes: . The KC Chiefs had two of the best ever place kickers in the NFL>> those being Jan Stenerud and Nick Lowery. And when those poor guys as great as they were would even miss just one attempt the fans were just totally cruel to them. If either one of them missed a crucial kick they couldn't show their face in KC for at least a month. Again the fans here in KC are a different breed. Arrowhead Stadium is about as close to a college type atmosphere as any in the NFL>> and they take football as seriously as most college fans do.
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

Just stumbled onto something that I found incredibly coincidental concerning the upcoming playoffs this weekend. Specifically concerning my home town Kansas City Chiefs. There is a very controversial website of a popular radio show we know as "Coast To Coast AM". Of all things they could have put up they did a section on the supposed curse that the Kansas City Chiefs have had in the post season for many years now. A big Chief's fan implemented the services of a psychic to find out what the problem is :confused: :rolleyes:

Well here is the URL if you all want to take a look at it. >> https://www.coasttocoastam.com/article/ ... -playoffs/ <<. I don't really believe much in psychics but I did find the article somewhat entertaining and amusing. They even claim they encountered the ghost of our old Superbowl coach Hank Stram :eek: :rolleyes: . I find that interesting because I have a dear friend of mine who is an avid fan of the Green Bay Packers and there are all kinds of claims over the years of people at Lambeau field encountering the ghost of the late super-coach Vince Lombardi :rolleyes:

Oh well I said at the very beginning of this thread I went on record saying that "in the department store of life you will find sports in the toy department" ;)
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

****!! The Chiefs are looking STRONG.
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

Very! Offense and defense! Joe is probably clutching a pillow, ever so tightly in sheer panic mode regardless of the score hahaha :)

-Rick
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

Colts punt block for a td...*Joe shreds previous mentioned pillow with his teeth*

-Rick
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

TkoK83Spy wrote:
Sat Jan 12, 2019 4:40 pm
Colts punt block for a td...*Joe shreds previous mentioned pillow with his teeth*
Lol! :D :D
KC will be up by 28 in the 4th, and ole Joe will be sweatin it!!
That blocked punt was kinda a fluke. KC looks large and in charge.
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

MacLaren wrote:
Sat Jan 12, 2019 4:53 pm
TkoK83Spy wrote:
Sat Jan 12, 2019 4:40 pm
Lol! :D :D
KC will be up by 28 in the 4th, and ole Joe will be sweatin it!!
That blocked punt was kinda a fluke. KC looks large and in charge.
Actually I wasn't sweating it all that much. Because after they scored that second TD I was pretty sure they were on track to win that game against Andrew Luck & Co. And as it stands now I don't even care who we have to play next week. If they bring his majesty Sarah Brady :eek: Whoops I meant to say Tom Brady or even Lord Brady as I like to call him. It doesn't matter to me who we play next week because this team is truly ready. It was this game I was really worried about but we got over that most important hump. The KC Chiefs defense this evening actually stepped up and played like they should for this game against the Colts. I think Bob Sutton got the word if they didn't win this one there would be a terrible price to pay. With all the small talk and sick predictions from all the so-called experts we won the first playoff game in spite of it all. so now it's time to go ahead bring this next unfortunate duck to ARROWHEAD for a real warm KC Welcome :eek: :rolleyes:

I still predict Dallas will win over L.A. and Philadelphia will upset New Orleans. In the past I had been dreading playing New England in the playoffs with Lord Brady & Co but now after what I saw tonight I think I would absolutely be elated if we could get Tommy Boy and Bill Bellyache back here at ARROWHEAD for a hard lesson in life :D :D Maybe we could even set another new Guiness Book or World Records stat for the loudest, meanest stadium in the NFL :cool: We currently hold that record. ARROWHEAD Stadium is about to become a nightmare for all other NFL teams :cool:
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Well guys, the Rams and Chiefs are in the Conference Championship games. We will find out who they meet today.
I am very, very, excited about the Philly vs N.O. game today.
The Magic of St.Nick vs imo, the best team in the N.F.L., the Saints. I honestly am afraid to say who might win. I reckon the Saints do have the advantage of playing at home.
In the A.F.C., the Patriots will be very hard to deal with in Foxborough. However, I wouldn't be all that surprised to see the Patriots defeated today. But, then again, it's the Chargers and, the Chargers can screw it up. Trust me lol.
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

Well I just finished eating a big plate of "crow" :o over that Dallas loss. But I'm still sticking to my guns believing that Philadelphia is going to get a victory over New Orleans. I'm sticking with Nick Foles>> I'm hoping for a KC vs Phillie Superbowl :cool: Also I think Philip Rivers might just give Lord Brady a really hard time today. I've got a feeling there are going to be some injuries in that game because those two teams really hate each other :rolleyes:

I can't believe all of the sport's talking heads that claim they were shocked at KC beating Indy. But these people just don't know how much of a nightmare for opposing teams it is to play at ARROWHEAD stadium :cool: Like I said I don't care which team we have to play next week because I think the KC Chiefs can now take on anyone. Even the few games the Chiefs lost this season; we didn't lose by more than 3 points on any of them.

But now the KC defense is starting to put it together. Last night was the Old JUSTIN HOUSTON who is a living nightmare for all NFL QBs>> and with the emergence of Dee Ford and Chris Jones our Defense is going to shut people down next week :cool: I hope I'm right because I'm getting tired of eating crow :o :D
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

As much as I'd love to see the Chargers win today, I don't think it's going to happen. It's certainly possible, and I wouldn't be shocked of they do pull it off.

I have a feeling the Saints are going to win, and win convincingly. 31-17.

Chiefs/Pats AFC Championship
Rams/Saints NFC Championship

Chiefs/Saints Super bowl

Sorry Joe...

Saints Super Bowl Champs. 35-31

Drew Brees Super Bowl MVP

-Rick
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

TkoK83Spy wrote:
Sun Jan 13, 2019 10:34 am
As much as I'd love to see the Chargers win today, I don't think it's going to happen. It's certainly possible, and I wouldn't be shocked of they do pull it off.

I have a feeling the Saints are going to win, and win convincingly. 31-17.

Chiefs/Pats AFC Championship
Rams/Saints NFC Championship

Chiefs/Saints Super bowl

Sorry Joe...

Saints Super Bowl Champs. 35-31

Drew Brees Super Bowl MVP
Even if you are right but I don't think you will be on your ultimate prediction>> it would still be historic and monumental for a virtual rookie QB like Patrick Mahomes to even go to the Superbowl at all. I don't think there has ever been a virtually new QB similar to Mahomes ever even getting to the Superbowl at all in my memory and I've lived through every one of them. I still remember the two previous Superbowls the Chiefs played in ( 1 & 4).

But all of the Superbowls were won by seasoned Quarterbacks to the best of my memory. Yeah I technically know that it's Mahomes second year in the league but realistically all he did last year was to carry a clipboard for Alex Smith while he was more or less being mentored.

You've got to admit that we haven't seen a new QB enter the league with the fervor that Patrick Mahomes has. His first year as head QB of the Chiefs is monumental. I don't think he even threw his first interception until about game 4 or game 5 of the season. But I do think he has a decent chance of running the table at this point. Last night's game was the only one I was really worried about and Mahomes made all of his critics look silly.