Power of Healing?????

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
CKE

Power of Healing?????

Post by CKE »

Well, my first bout with Chemo was a dissaster. I ended up admited to hospital with violent sickness. Worst I have ever been sick in my life....the stuff is mighty toxic for sure. Got really down being back in the hospital for the night. Good I was there to get fluids and my meds(only way to keep them down) but did not want to be there. This is hard...I thought the surgery was hard but this is a different hard. The surgery was major but this is a sick kinda feeling that I don't like. Sorry to vent here guys but I jsut needed to let go a bit and the support here is great. I can't thank you folks enough. Even with my "lets all group hug" thread I feel totally comfortable sharing. I truly hope none of you have to go through this awful disease. I will keep fighting the good fight and I appreciate all your help and support. That is why the OT posts got to me...we are such a caring group, I should now from all the support I tore me up. Take Care all and sorry for the bit o sappiness :)
Keep Fighting the Good Fight!
loki88

Post by loki88 »

hi, i have a notion what u are going thru, my wife works as a oncology nurse, so cytostatica is a well discussed item in our house. Those are indeed vicious toxic drugs u take, they are just a litlle more toxic on the cancer cells then on your healthy cells. I know u can get REAL sick from it, even feeling like u are on the virge of dying, but u don't have to feel bad about asking anti- emetics, or pain relief. These nurses know what u go thru so don't be afraid or hesitate to tell them what u feel. You know that it is going to be a tough time, and that this will be your thoughest thing u will have to go thru. Just remember that u can always blow off steam inhere, so don't be afraid to tell us what u feel. Greetz
Tom
UK KEN

Bad Days!

Post by UK KEN »

Craig

We can all have bad days just living our normal lives. This can sometimes reflect in the way we react to our family, colleagues and friends.

Your situation is pretty extreme to say the least and you are entitled to blow off steam now and then. During periods of illness our emotions can get all mixed up with the help of drugs and invasive treatment. Please be assured, the people around you though not able to feel what you are feeling, feel for you!

This is still a great "family" to belong to and I sure that when ever members need support they will never go short of it here. Keep fighting my friend.

Regards Ken :)
Jurphaas

Post by Jurphaas »

Oh Yes Craig - We're family alright and we back you up! When you are brave enough to share your feelings, we will be good enough to hear and support you. Over the course of the treatment, things will not always be this bad and you will find ways to cope better. Just don't give in.
Warmest regards and best wishes from the Netherlands!
Jurphaas. ;)
Clipits Work!
* WTC # 0107 *
vampyrewolf

Post by vampyrewolf »

My grandmother got to do her bout with chemo a little while ago, finished up in may last year... was still clean a month ago.

There were times she was too weak to get out of bed after her weekend chemo visit... My other grandmother spent 5yrs fighting cancer before it got too far and hit the bones.

6yrs with ppl close to me going through chemo, so I can imagine what you're going through. We're here for you, if you want a shoulder or ear it's always available.
Coffee before Conciousness
Why do people worry more if you argue with your voices than if you just talk with them? What about if you lose those arguements?
Slowly going crazy at work... they found a way to make the voices work too.
thombrogan

Post by thombrogan »

Hi Craig,

I'm sorry that the chemo sucks. It's the General Sherman of 'anti-biotics'. However, as Tom/Loki88 described, we are also 'biotics'. At least it sounds like 'bionic' said by someone with a stuffy nose...

You're going to hate it, and no reason why you shouldn't, but you're going to come out of this cancer free and raise yourself a baby CKE and you're going to be willing to go through it all 100 times over just to see your wife and child (do you know the gender yet? I think we both felt it was a girl. Girls rule and girls need more knives than boys. :D ), so I you'll get through this.
"I knew you before you knew you had hands!" ~Tracey Brogan

"Ah-ha! A Spyderco moment!" ~Michael Cook

"Hawkbills - Sink in the tip and let it rip!" ~Axlis

"I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers which can't be questioned" ~Richard Feynman
4 s ter

Post by 4 s ter »

Hang in there Craig!! This too will end. In the meantime, we'll still be here. Hopefully that helps some.

David
David

"Not all who wander are lost"
"To liner or not to liner? That is the question?" -- Sal
"Rule number nine: always carry a knife." -- Special Agent Jethro Gibbs/NCIS ;)
jimbo@stn24

Post by jimbo@stn24 »

Best wishes (and a little prayer) to you Craig, from the Rockies. As a crew mate told the crew and I, stay up on the anti-nausea drugs.
CKE

Post by CKE »

Thanks guys :)
Keep Fighting the Good Fight!
spyderknut

Thank you Craig

Post by spyderknut »

Thanks for sharing your misery here with us. I understand what you are going through. It is a very humbling and vulnerable time. Thanks for trusting us. I know many thoughts and prayers are going out to you. Stay strong in mind! Your body will recover.
DAYWALKER

Post by DAYWALKER »

Mahalo for putting me in "check" Craig!

I am at work right now, and I was just *****ing about how STINK one of these inamte cell's was...and here you are fighting for your life.

Craig, as you already know, I firmly believe that you HAVE beaten this, keep the Faith, go through the motion's, and have a swift recovery...prayers sent daily for ya brother!

God bless!
Proverbs 16:3...Commit YOUR works to the LORD, and YOUR plans WILL succeed!

"Where's the best little big knife not designed by Sal or Eric?" ~ thombrogan, WSM

Avatar by my KnifeBrother, DiAlex...C102 Adventura designer, 2005 Spyderco Forum Knife! ;)
Ted

Post by Ted »

I hope you keep it together Craig. Get well soon! There's much to live for!

Ted
java
Location: Rosamond - Tropical Paradise without the tropics.....(or the paradise)

Post by java »

Craig,

Don't kid yourself. Your reaction is not abnormal nor is it a setback. People react differently but you gotta remember that the chemicals running through your system are cancer targeting poisons - with the emphasis on poisons. The side effects will lay you low and make you wonder what's worse - the poison that's slowly trying to kill you or the poison your doctors are using to kill the poison. ****, Lance Armstrong spent a few nights in the hospital for the same kind of reaction you had - and he's one tough son of a gun. Hang in there and never give up. We are always here for you. Some of us have conquored cancer or know a friend or relative who has gone through the same battle. It helps to talk this through and vent when you feel you need to. If there is no survivorship program up there check out the Lance Armstrong Foundation at http://laf.org/ for knowldge and inspiration and keep checking your mail for a package from Texas. :)

Java the Black
When I said that mercy stood
Within the border of the wood
I meant the lenient beast with claws
And bloody swift dispatching jaws.

Death Before Decaf!
!
:spyder:
Ray.Hood

Don't worry Craig, we'll be here to listen.

Post by Ray.Hood »

If we can help, we will. Stay strong, God does provide for those in need.
Keep a good mind, and the body will follow. Ray.
Jimd

Post by Jimd »

Craig, I just sent a prayer your way. Hang in there, and don'y hesitate to vent here! You can email me if you feel the need, as well.
Referee in the Bowels of ****
Email: ST8PEN01@aol.com
Artwork For Sale

"...We few, we happy few...we band of brothers...For whoever sheds his blood with me today shall be my brother." - William Shakespeare

If you are not willing to stand behind our troops, by all means, please stand in front of them!
Simon G

Post by Simon G »

Don't apologise for sounding off here. You only have to apologise if you do NOT come here for a little support. ;)

Prayers and best wishes for a speedy recovery, to you and your family.

God Bless,

Simon.
"From this day to the ending of the world, we in it shall be remembered; we happy few; we band of brothers...for he who today sheds his blood with me shall be my brother." -Henry V

"......and he that has no sword, let him sell his cloak and buy one." - Luke 22:36
fret

Post by fret »

Stay strong Craig. I will send a prayer your way. Thanks for sharing. This has helped ease my pain also which is nothing as severe as your pain is I'm sure. Remember...one day at a time.
dialex

Post by dialex »

Good luck Craig, what's worst has already gone. You're on the right (painfull, indeed) track. We're always here bro.
The mind commands the body and it obeys. The mind orders itself and meets resistance.