The Seahawks lose with the Titans and increase their doubts

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
JD Spydo

Re: The Seahawks lose with the Titans and increase their doubts

Post by JD Spydo »

Well I'm not a fan of either team>> but our Kansas City Chiefs won their 3rd game in a row today. I think Andy Reid is finally putting a competitive team together. When they beat New England on the first game of the season they got my attention. I didn't think they even had a one in a thousand chance of beating them >> but they not only beat them but they beat them to where there was no doubt that we now have a decent team.

We've been making the playoffs in the past couple of years but this year I think we can be a real threat this go-around. I am surprised that Seattle has started as slow as they have this year. Pete Carroll is a decent coach and I'm sure they'll come around. I'm sure they'll make the playoffs too.
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

I feel Seattle will bounce back. They may not make the playoffs, but will have a winning season.
As far as the Chiefs, they look super thus far imo.
However, they will certainly have their work cut out for them. I'm really anxious to see how they will perform against the Broncos, and in particular the Raiders.
I was almost shocked to see the Redskins defeat the Raiders. But, ultimately for the Chiefs, the road to the Super Bowl goes thru Foxboro. And although the Chiefs did defeat the Pats, and soundly I might add, it's still a different story come January. Belichick and Brady will still be a very, very tough obstacle to the Super Bowl.
And I'm not even mentioning the Steelers, who imo, have the talent to win it all this year.
If the Chiefs stay healthy they have a great shot imo.
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

Well I'm really happy that the Kansas City Chiefs won again this evening on Monday Night Football. We even had a place kicker replaced who had been extremely reliable sidelined probably for the whole season but this new kid they just got came through for us and kicked the game winner. That would really be cool if this new kid place kicker becomes another Nick Lowery or Jan Stenerud :cool: It's really hard to believe that the Chiefs are still undefeated at game #4.

Some teams I've been disappointed with that I actually had high hopes for are the Dallas Cowboys and Oakland Raiders>> it appears that the Raiders have lost their QB for a few weeks>> and I thought that Dallas might just even be undefeated for the year>> probably good that I don't bet on the games anymore :rolleyes: Just so the evil empire of New England doesn't get to the big dance then I'll enjoy the remainder of the season :rolleyes:

Well if the Chiefs can run the table until the Bye Week then I'll really start rubbing it in :D Because the second half of our season looks rather easy compared to what we are competing against at this time. And I don't take the Houston Texans for granted>> I'll be kind of surprised if we beat them at their home field this upcoming Sunday Night on NBC.

The NFL season is going to be quite interesting this year if we can get Bill Bellyache put in his place :rolleyes:
The Mastiff

Post by The Mastiff »

I noticed that last weeks and this weeks games were slugfests that had players being carried off more than usual it seems like. Maybe it just seems that way though.
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

The Mastiff wrote:I noticed that last weeks and this weeks games were slugfests that had players being carried off more than usual it seems like. Maybe it just seems that way though.
Interesting observation Mastiff>> because the Monday Night Football crew said they hadn't seen so many injuries on the defense and in this case they were talking about the WASHINGTON team since they could remember.

Our one big time player ( that's healthy for now :rolleyes: ) is Justin Houston and he seems to be human wrecking machine so far this season. But he was plagued with injuries most of last year unfortunately. But we have some other up & comers on defense that seem to be getting better every week. Dee Ford and Chris Jones I do believe will be household names in the next year or so they way they are progressing.

Alex Smith ( our QB) has always been maybe slightly above average seems to be having a stellar year so far>> I would venture to say probably his best year ever. I just hope he can keep it together. Our rookie running back Kareem Hunt is going to be a superstar before the year is over, barring injuries of course.

Oh and our Tight End Kelce>> if he can quit acting juvenile he could be as good as Tony Gonzales if he stays on track. I'm cautiously hopeful so far.
murphjd25

Post by murphjd25 »

Go hawks! :p :D
Josh
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

The Chiefs hung in there Monday night.
Early on it looked as if the Skins were gonna win that game. It's so hard to predict who will won or loose in the NFL. They're all so evenly matched. I wouldn't have thought Carolina would have went to Foxboro and won.
Another team that I have my eye on is Tampa Bay.
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

MacLaren wrote:The Chiefs hung in there Monday night.
Early on it looked as if the Skins were gonna win that game. It's so hard to predict who will won or loose in the NFL. They're all so evenly matched. I wouldn't have thought Carolina would have went to Foxboro and won.
Another team that I have my eye on is Tampa Bay.
OH that was just beautfiul when Cam Newton & Co went and gave tom brady a big dose of his own medicine and thus they laid an egg on their home field :rolleyes:

You are so right>> because I thought when we were down 10 - 0 that the party was just about over. But the fans here at Arrowhead Stadium ( the best stadium in the NFL :cool: and the loudest) got their decibels up high enough to where Cousins couldn't even hear his own snap numbers :eek: I knew at that point it was going to be really tough for them to finish the game. So I think you can give part of that game to the great fans we have here in KC ;) and for Justin Houston to put the cherry on top by running in for a last second TD just shows how Andy Reid has really got this team in harmony. Not to mention the line up of premium players that they have put together this year.

Now they can certainly start a losing streak or just shoot themselves in the foot. The Cheifs have done that a few times over the years unfortunately. But if they can run the table until the Bye week ( week #10) then I just don't see anything much getting in our way. It will certainly be a great game this Sunday night for sure.

Don't worry about your Seahawks because Pete Carroll is truly a good coach>> I sort of wish we would have gotten him when he quit the college ranks.
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Lol, awesome post JD!
You know your football brother.
I love watching games at Arrowhead. Although Seattle would give them a run for their money, Arrowhead is the loudest. Awesome, awesome fan base Arrowhead has.
Who knows, this could very well be Andy Reids year to win it all. Just hope they stay healthy.
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

Well McLaren it looks like both our respective teams were victorious in week #5 in the NFL. I was really sort of disappointed in the Chief's defense this past week but they still racked up enough points to stay "undefeated" :cool: We have Pittsburgh coming to Arrowhead this coming Sunday and the sports radio shows are buzzing like a big honey bee's colony :eek:

I think that Big Ben is going to have his work cut out for him this upcoming weekend because the Chiefs have been wanting to avenge their playoff loss this past season. It doesn't seem like the Steelers are hitting on all cylinders this season. I think if we can get past the Steelers with a win I think we can run the table till the bye week.

In our division Denver is the only one I have any worry at all about. But Alex Smith has really surprised me a lot and it looks like we're going to get Tambla Hali back soon from what I'm hearing. I did notice that your SeaHawks also won. it's like I said earlier Pete Carroll is a good coach and it wouldn't surprise me to see both our respective teams in the Superbowl this season. But there's a lot of weeks to go yet and injuries can take their toll on even the best of teams.
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

They say Alex Smith is almost pissed. Pissed that he never knew it could be this good. Andy Reid, is truly the quarterback whisperer....
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

MacLaren wrote:They say Alex Smith is almost pissed. Pissed that he never knew it could be this good. Andy Reid, is truly the quarterback whisperer....
Interesting! The sports radio stations here in KC are sure buzzing and putting out a lot of rumors and so forth. But I haven't heard any discontent coming from Alex Smith himself. But sometimes the national media gets a story before we here locally even are aware of it. Actually it blows my mind that he hasn't at least had one interception so far this year even after five games :confused: . Something these coaches are doing differently this year is paying off needless to say.

And we have a rookie backup QB that everyone here is really excited about so if Smith were to get injured we do have a good one on the bench and his name is Mahomes. But like I said we have a lot more weeks to go and it's like the late "Yogi Berra" used to say "It's Not Over Until It's Over">> and how true that is.

The 2003 year is so fresh in my memory when we were 13-3 on the year but blew it badly in the playoffs :( Andy Reid is like another great coach we had here in KC and I'm speaking of Marty Shottenheimer>> who for whatever reason could never win the big one :( But at least Andy Reid has been to the Superbowl once. But if we can beat Pittsburgh this Sunday I think we can run the table till the bye week>> if we can do that I'm certain we'll have a playoff spot. We have more talent now that I've seen since the days Joe Montana was our QB>>> I'll stop now :o
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

No.....he happy now like never before.
Hes so much better with Reid ;)
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

MacLaren wrote:No.....he happy now like never before.
Hes so much better with Reid ;)
It's really interesting Brother because our two respective teams i.e. the Seattle Seahawks and the Kansas City Chiefs certainly both have huge expectations. It truly wouldn't surprise me to see both those teams in the Superbowl. The only hurdle I believe your Seahawks have to get over are the Philadelphia Eagles>> and our nemesis is Bill Bellyache and Tom Brady ( Dennis the Menace Grown up :D ) But we've already proven that we can beat them when we put our mind to it. And I believe mr. brady is about to be deflated because there are too many defenses that are licking their chops to get a good hit on glamour boy Brady :rolleyes:

Now Russell Wilson on the other hand should have won that Superbowl with Brady and I blame that one on him and the coach both.

Well we will see what transpires tomorrow. Good Luck on your Seahawks MacLaren and I'm betting that my Chiefs will win by at least two touchdowns. Arrowhead Stadium will be a daytime nightmare for Big Ben>> that's my prediction and if it turns out that way then we will ruling the AFC west finally.

Hey by the way for all you other Brethren feel more than welcome to chat about your respective NFL team. As long as it's not New England :D
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

Well I'm afraid I've lost a lot of my enthusiasm after the Thursday Night game :mad: I can't believe they literally handed that game to Oakland :mad: It's as though our defense has had their batteries drained in these past two games ( Pittsburgh & Oakland :( )

The radio talk shows are showing the Chiefs no mercy what so ever and it's as though half of the fan base has already given up on them :(

I'm actually surprised that the Chargers have come to life by beating Denver yesterday. With all the injuries suffered by most of the teams this year has made for a really weird season.

It's so hard to think that the last time our town won a Superbowl was when Lenny Dawson was quarterback :rolleyes: And I was still in high school :rolleyes: Well I hope the rest of you are having a better football season than we are here in KC :(