Para 3 and CQI

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Mic1

Re: Para 3 and CQI

Post by Mic1 »

standy99 wrote:Love the size compared to the 2,

Don't know why the clip is a issue for people when you can move it to the other end and have no lanyard hole in the way.
It's asking to change something that already has a solution. (Several as its 4 way carry)

Don't get me started on lanyards on folders..............

Because some of us have carried Spyderco knives tip up for a long time and tip down feels unnatural. Also I personally believe tip up is safer. The blade is pinned against your pocket with less chance of opening in your pocket and contacting your hand going in or out. So unless we want to buy a $20 minimum aftermarket clip deep clip or change the way we carry. It's one inch of knife handle sticking out of your pocket which is not only uncomfortable it just looks stupid.

I am currently carrying mine while I write this in my truck waiting for a customer. It's set up for right hand tip down. Like I said before it's a great knife in every way (personally it is my Ideal perfect edc) except for the tip up option which really isn't an option in my opinion.
mad german

Re: Para 3 and CQI

Post by mad german »

I put MXG Gear deep carry clips on my (2) Para 3's. The deep carry clips have completely transformed the knives. I don't like clips that bury the knife 100% in the pocket. The MXG Gear clips leave just enough of the knife exposed to grab when pulling it out of your pocket.
My collection is ever changing!