S90V DLC Yojimbo 2 (coyote brown) Exclusive

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Liquid Cobra

Re: S90V DLC Yojimbo 2 (coyote brown) Exclusive

Post by Liquid Cobra »

Showing in stock at a few places now. Anyone that order from DLT get a shipping notice yet?

https://youtu.be/J62wkUYIUUM
Most recently acquired: Military 2, Paramilitary 2 Tanto x2, YoJUMBO, Swayback, Siren, DLC Yojimbo 2, Native Chief, Shaman S90V, Para 3 LW, Ikuchi, UKPK, Smock, SUBVERT, Amalgam, Para 3 CTS-XHP, Kapara, Paramilitary 2 M390
Grail Paramilitary 2 M390 X 2! ACHIEVED!!

For more of my pictures see my Instagram account.
@liquid_cobra
dogrunner

Post by dogrunner »

Liquid Cobra wrote:Showing in stock at a few places now. Anyone that order from DLT get a shipping notice yet?
Funny you should ask. Got a shipping notice about 30 seconds ago :)
farnorthdan

Post by farnorthdan »

Yep just got my shipping notice too
Happy to be part of this great forum and group of down to earth spyderco addicts, Thanks Sal and gang.
My Grails: Lum Tanto folder sprint, Sprint Persian(red), Captain, Manix 2 (M4), SB MT, PM2 M390, CF dodo, Manix2 (CF S90V),Manix2 XL S90V, Zowada CF Balance Rassenti Nivarna, Lil' Nilakka, Tuff, Police 4, Chinook 4, Caly HAP40 52100 Military, S110V Military, Any/All PM2 & Military sprints/exclusives I can get my grubby hands on :) :spyder: :) :spyder: :)

"We may look curious, homely, whatever, but we'll never be called unusable or undependable."
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

Nothing for me yet but you guys who pre-ordered might be getting first priority.

EDIT
Ha, right when I clicked post I got the email lol
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
jdw

Post by jdw »

I just received my shipping notice too. I love the video that you posted. It's my first yojimbo and it looks like a very unique and solid knife. I can hardly wait for it to get here.
Do right always. It will give you satisfaction in life.
--Wovoka
holeshot

Post by holeshot »

dogrunner wrote:
Liquid Cobra wrote:Showing in stock at a few places now. Anyone that order from DLT get a shipping notice yet?
Funny you should ask. Got a shipping notice about 30 seconds ago :)
Me too and it's coming priority mail to boot. :)
"No matter where you go, there you are"
palonej

Post by palonej »

SHIPPING NOTICE RECEIVED!!!!
Happy dancing occurring right now!!
Knife looks great in that vid!! Can't wait!!
Joe

PS.....if I incessantly track it, it will show up sooner, right??????
archangel

Post by archangel »

Dang this thing looks really hot. Tempting... but it would break my rule. To all of you who ordered one or will: Congrats!

Question to those who already handled one: is the action comparable to e.g. PM2? Blade moves with basically no resistance when the lock is being pushed?
Michael
48 Spydies, 44 different models, 43 different steels
Grail knife, still to be acquired: original Tuff by Ed Schempp Feel free to help me find one at a reasonable price...
Liquid Cobra

Post by Liquid Cobra »

archangel wrote:Dang this thing looks really hot. Tempting... but it would break my rule. To all of you who ordered one or will: Congrats!

Question to those who already handled one: is the action comparable to e.g. PM2? Blade moves with basically no resistance when the lock is being pushed?
This knife probably has the most satisfying action of any Spyderco I've ever owned. What you're describing on the para 2 is exactly what you'll get on the Yojimbo 2, just more so.

On another note, I received my shipping notice too! It's not picked up yet but it's a start!
Most recently acquired: Military 2, Paramilitary 2 Tanto x2, YoJUMBO, Swayback, Siren, DLC Yojimbo 2, Native Chief, Shaman S90V, Para 3 LW, Ikuchi, UKPK, Smock, SUBVERT, Amalgam, Para 3 CTS-XHP, Kapara, Paramilitary 2 M390

@liquid_cobra
Liquid Cobra

Post by Liquid Cobra »

Pretty awesome photo from GP Knives. I'm actually digging the brown, maybe I won't be doing a scale swap.

@liquid_cobra
Afterman

Post by Afterman »

Looks awesome! Now we just need a mass release blacked out version.
dogrunner

Post by dogrunner »

Liquid Cobra wrote:Pretty awesome photo from GP Knives. I'm actually digging the brown, maybe I won't be doing a scale swap.
Agreed. I really like the brown too, and the combination of brown with DLC blades looks good. I could go either way on the DLC, but the scales are nice.
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

archangel wrote:Dang this thing looks really hot. Tempting... but it would break my rule. To all of you who ordered one or will: Congrats!

Just curious but what is your rule?

While I don't have this knife in my hand yet I do have four Yojimbo 2's and I've owned three Para 2's and the Yojimbos have all had far better action. It may have to do with the weight of the blade but they all swing freely and lock up is on par with the best knives that I own. If anything I might expect the DLC version to come a tad stiffer in the pivot but that isn't hard to tune out.
~David
archangel

Post by archangel »

Evil D wrote:

No two spydies of the same model and steel. Currently I own 14 spydies. No two knives of the same SKU, no two knives of the same steel. It makes my small :spyder: collection a little more special, and forces me to oppress my purchasing reflex, like in this case, even if my bank account would be loaded. I own a Native 5 Forum knife with S90V, so this Yojimbo can'f be mine. Even though it is calling out to me...
Michael
48 Spydies, 44 different models, 43 different steels
Grail knife, still to be acquired: original Tuff by Ed Schempp Feel free to help me find one at a reasonable price...
Liquid Cobra

Post by Liquid Cobra »

Archangel, that's a good system to limit spending, but I'd say it's forcing you to miss out on some interesting knives. The Nirvana for example comes with S90V. I don't know that that knife is up your alley, but you would miss out on it because of the steel.

Longer version of GP Knives video...

https://youtu.be/KqitfWoKRlw

@liquid_cobra
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

archangel wrote:
Evil D wrote:

No two spydies of the same model and steel. Currently I own 14 spydies. No two knives of the same SKU, no two knives of the same steel. It makes my small :spyder: collection a little more special, and forces me to oppress my purchasing reflex, like in this case, even if my bank account would be loaded. I own a Native 5 Forum knife with S90V, so this Yojimbo can'f be mine. Even though it is calling out to me...
Oh I know that rule, I smashed it a few years ago lol. What happens is I fall in love with a model, then it comes out in some other steel that I have to have, and then my original version has been used and isn't worth selling. Next thing ya know you have 5 Militaries.
~David
Freediver

Post by Freediver »

I gotta stop reading these forums. I just ordered one from KC. It will be a good match for my CF s90v one.
ZrowsN1s

Post by ZrowsN1s »

Liquid Cobra wrote:

This knife probably has the most satisfying action of any Spyderco I've ever owned. What you're describing on the para 2 is exactly what you'll get on the Yojimbo 2, just more so.
+1 to that LQ, the compression lock has a great action on it's own, but the Blade of the Yo 2 is basically top heavy (more so than most), it makes it fly open with some authority you don't get from the PM2.

I had a similar rule archangel, no 3 of the same steel, no 3 of the same color. 2 is ok. Made it about as far as you, 15 or so. I broke my rule already though. The Salt series is just too nice. I've got three in yellow and H1 and I'm eagerly awaiting number 4 the hb dfly. :D
-Matt a.k.a. Lo_Que, loadedquestions135 I ❤ The P'KAL :bug-red

"The world of edges has a small doorway in, but opens into a cavern that is both wide and deep." -sal
"Ghost hunters scope the edge." -sal
holeshot

Post by holeshot »

Ok, now I'm really excited! Mine should be coming early next week but do love my first Yojimbo. :)
image.jpeg
"No matter where you go, there you are"
murphjd25

Post by murphjd25 »

Must resist the urge....**** what a killer looking knife!!
Josh