Dream knife

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Afterman

Re: Dream knife

Post by Afterman »

Civilian 2, compression lock & flipper made in Golden, Colorado. LC200N steel. Blacked out hardware, midnight blue G10 handles.
ASmitty

Post by ASmitty »

Linerless FRN lockback Sage. Basically, take the N5 LW and make it the size and shape of the Sage. I love the N5 LW, but I wish it had the small thumb-ramp and slightly larger size of the sage. I also wish it had the Sage's wire clip. This FRN Sage must have the solid, heavy-duty feel of the N5 and it's improved back lock. I'd want it made in Taichung like the rest of the Sage series. I'd take black, but I'd prefer Coyote Brown (I'd actually prefer British Racing Green or the grey/blue on the Emerson D4/E4, but those colors seem reserved for specific situations).
Holland

Post by Holland »

bearfacedkiller wrote:Holland, do you have a Junction?
Sure do, its incredible, very happy with it. Love how thin it is, its a slicing machine :D

It excels as a camping knife for me. I don't need a chopper as I have other tools for that.
-Spencer

Rotation:
Gayle Bradley 2 | Mantra 1 | Watu | Chaparral 1 | Dragonfly 2 Salt SE
bearfacedkiller

Post by bearfacedkiller »

Awesome. I have the Bowie and have been impressed. I just hadn't heard much about the Junction. It is on my short list for sure.
-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
Eli Chaps

Post by Eli Chaps »

Fixed blade Manix 2LW with a snap-in sheath would be high on my list!
Chinook3

Post by Chinook3 »

Dream knife would be a XL Chinook with a 5 inch blade, radiused g10 or CF scales. Let's do some s90 v for steel.
My response is "Just because you can't see it, doesn't mean it isn't there, it just means you can't see it". Sal G.
soundshaman

Post by soundshaman »

Holland wrote:I have my dream knife: mantra 1 with no flipper tab

If I could have some wishes come true:
1. Sprig/southfork K390 sprints
2. Delica/Dfly M4 sprints
3. Junction M4 or K390 sprint
Oh man the Sprig or Junction in k390 or M4 sounds so good. Haven't got the Junction yet but quite tempted. I enjoy these smaller fixed blades for work. I have no need to use these fixed knives just to open boxes but the feeling of unsheathing it is so satisfying.
goonielife

Post by goonielife »

A spyderco version of the smock knives sk23 (which licenses the compression lock). With G10 scales (instead of titanium frame)...or micarta, maybe rounded micarta. Spyderhole for sure, but with a slight cutout in the scales/frame (so the blade would have a bit of bump at spine). Full flipper, not the flipper on the sk23. Golden only.

Of course I would buy just about any Golden made if it had that compression lock with the button.
PM2, shorten the handle a bit by removing the lanyard hole, add the button for the compression lock, make it a flipper... drool... coutour the G10
tonijedi

Post by tonijedi »

As far as folders go I think I'll be really happy with the new Salt 1 ( Salt 2?).
For a fixed blade I'd like to see a full tang shorter Aqua Salt (95mm blade).
Kudzu

Post by Kudzu »

Dragonfly 2 with titanium handle scales, wire clip and LC200N blade steel, available in PE and SE.
murphjd25

Post by murphjd25 »

I found my dream knife when I got the Slysz Bowie. It is the perfect knife for me in every way. I am really going to struggle with picking up new Spydies in the future now, which is actually okay with me..
Josh
EmperorMA

Post by EmperorMA »

murphjd25 wrote:I found my dream knife when I got the Slysz Bowie. It is the perfect knife for me in every way. I am really going to struggle with picking up new Spydies in the future now, which is actually okay with me..
So, it's really that easy to beat the addiction?
Wishlist: Delica 4 FFG VG10, Manix 2 LW XHP, Military 204P and S110V, Para 3 Cruwear and S110V, Paramilitary 2 (all versions), SpydieChef LC200N, Caribbean PE and Sheepsfoot SE

Procured: Caly 3.5 VG10, Dragonfly 2 LW VG10, Manix 2 XL S30V, Native 5 LW S110V, Para 3 S30V, Paramilitary 2 S110V
murphjd25

Post by murphjd25 »

EmperorMA wrote:
murphjd25 wrote:I found my dream knife when I got the Slysz Bowie. It is the perfect knife for me in every way. I am really going to struggle with picking up new Spydies in the future now, which is actually okay with me..
I don't think it really is possible, but I can honestly say I haven't thought about getting another Spyderco in the last two weeks and I can finally sleep at night because I'm not thinking of what knife I need next. :p
Josh
EmperorMA

Post by EmperorMA »

murphjd25 wrote:
EmperorMA wrote:
I don't think it really is possible, but I can honestly say I haven't thought about getting another Spyderco in the last two weeks and I can finally sleep at night because I'm not thinking of what knife I need next. :p
I truly believe that the Slysz Tres Amigos could probably do all my EDC needs for now and forever. The Techno for a gent's knife and <3" jurisdictions, the SpydieChef for times that will be food-prep heavy and the Bowie for everything else.

It really might be that easy. But not nearly as fun as owning quite a few more Spydies. :D
Wishlist: Delica 4 FFG VG10, Manix 2 LW XHP, Military 204P and S110V, Para 3 Cruwear and S110V, Paramilitary 2 (all versions), SpydieChef LC200N, Caribbean PE and Sheepsfoot SE

Procured: Caly 3.5 VG10, Dragonfly 2 LW VG10, Manix 2 XL S30V, Native 5 LW S110V, Para 3 S30V, Paramilitary 2 S110V
npad69

Post by npad69 »

EmperorMA wrote: I truly believe that the Slysz Tres Amigos could probably do all my EDC needs for now and forever. The Techno for a gent's knife and <3" jurisdictions, the SpydieChef for times that will be food-prep heavy and the Bowie for everything else. ...
are you sure?

EmperorMA

Post by EmperorMA »

It may be heresy, but I don't particularly care for the Swayback.

bearfacedkiller

Post by bearfacedkiller »

I am not a big fan of ti or framelocks and own none of his knives but that Swayback... Wow!!! It is speaking to me.

Where do I put my card!!!!

If that blade is 3.5 inches or longer I could lose it!
-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
Liquid Cobra

Post by Liquid Cobra »

Linerless peel ply carbon fiber S90V UKPK.

Thanks! :D
Most recently acquired: Military 2, Paramilitary 2 Tanto x2, YoJUMBO, Swayback, Siren, DLC Yojimbo 2, Native Chief, Shaman S90V, Para 3 LW, Ikuchi, UKPK, Smock, SUBVERT, Amalgam, Para 3 CTS-XHP, Kapara, Paramilitary 2 M390
Grail Paramilitary 2 M390 X 2! ACHIEVED!!

For more of my pictures see my Instagram account.
@liquid_cobra
ZrowsN1s

Post by ZrowsN1s »

I would like a cross between the dragonfly and the Yojimbo. Lockback, 3D Linerless Carbon Fiber.
dFly_yoFly.jpg
I would also like a PE Hakwbill Dragonfly in ZDP 189 or tool steel.
xdflyt.jpg
-Matt a.k.a. Lo_Que, loadedquestions135 I ❤ The P'KAL :bug-red

"The world of edges has a small doorway in, but opens into a cavern that is both wide and deep." -sal
"Ghost hunters scope the edge." -sal
Doc Dan
Location: In a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity.

Post by Doc Dan »

ejcr98 wrote:DF2 in Delica 4 blue with Lc200n blade plain edge. Mini Sage 5 with a blade length of 2.45" in M390, as my federal facilities knife.
Spyderco has a hole in their product line in the 2.45 to 2.6" offerings. I prefer the 2.6" my self, and that is one reason I like ULW K390. But, there is nothing currently in the product line is higher end steels in the range we are talking about in a back lock. There is the Cat, of course, but it is longer than you need and while the G10 is really nice, the blade is BD-1, good, but nothing special.

In the mean time, why don't you look for a Nishijin Dragonfly. This is one of the nicest small knives anywhere.
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

Follow the Christ, the King,
Live pure, speak true, right wrong, follow the King--
Else, wherefore born?" (Tennyson)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050